Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The 5 fights you want above all

Simple as that. Mega fights and ones with so much potential seem to change rapidly. Many factors contribute to it, a fighter changes divisions, gets upset or the ol 'let it marinate' by promoters lets it run dry and the shelf life and appeal expire. And lets be honest we fans can have the attention spans of a 10 year old on a sugar rush. My list may change by tomorrow . But as of right now regardless of division and promotion..what 5 fights are on your must have list and have the potential to make fans sit up straight?

Spence v Crawford 147! Enough already, lets get this on. Not only the two best welters going but two of the top p4p in the sport if you ask me. Spence has shown that..surprise surprise.. he can box superbly on the backfoot and Crawford is only getting better too. Hindsight being 20-20 I think the ring intelligence of Spence may have been under appreciated pre Mikey. I know I know..the detractors will go on about Mikey the midget, Mikey the lightweight and Mikey agreeing to just survive. But with Spence and Crawford we are currently witnessing two potential greats. And potential greats need each other!

Jarrett Hurd v Jaime Munguia 154. Not exactly for the exhibition of supreme skill on this one. Simply put this is akin to poking two bulls with a hot brand. They have to be two of the more physical full frontal forces going and get offended if you don't catch them clean every so often. Jaime has youth and boasts more fights that Hurd but Hurd is running up some solid competition lately and has better polish when/if he boxes a bit. Both seem poised to jump to 160 with size but I'd pay to see them swap leather.

Vasyl Lomachenko v Mikey Garcia 135. This is the super fight that should have been in the first place. Personally I have my doubts if Mikey can get back to supreme effectiveness at lightweight but have zero doubt he can regain some form. I'd like to see him enter a hot 140 division and settle once and for all. Now if..if..he finds his stride again at 135 this one strikes similar, oddly enough, to Spence v Crawford. For the division supremacy they need one another. Lots of questions between both and it almost feels like Loma is plateauing now beating the Pedrazas and most likely Crolla and off that arm injury. Maybe he jumps to 140 also and hell..they can meet there it's still a very fine match up.

Naoya Inoue v Luis Nery 118. Firstly Nery needs to keep his shat straight when it comes to weight and dining on questionable cows. And he can forget Japan because they banned his arse for life. But last weekend was a great start with full talent on display. Monster is about to collide with Manny Rodriquez in the back from the brink WBSS tourney and that will tell us quite a bit about his direction. Nery the 'natural' bantam, at times the erratic full of confidence free swinger with pop which may be generous but Inoue for me is sharper and composed. You don't shake body punches off. Absolutely tons to be sorted at 118 and Tete is right there, but love the potential of this one.

Anthony Joshua v Deontay Wilder hvy. Being totally honest the posturing and endless bs is beginning to outrun the value of this one for me. I have a lot of problems with Wilder namely he boxes with the form of a new born gazelle and in my eye lost his last fight. While getting schooled a bit along the way. But to actually have a unified champion..a reigning undisputed heavyweight champ is something we always need. With AJ coming over I think it also falls in the needing one another category too. What's huge for him if Wilder and his trinket should just F off though? Rematch with Whyte a guy he already beat? Fight Ortiz a guy Wilder already beat? Usyk who comes in and takes some of his shine as far as story, historical achievement etc. Fury? I can see that being big but I wonder about a guy like Fury just 'getting by' fighting the likes of a Tom Swartz and hope he doesn't revert to some habits. He was motivated beyond belief for Wilder, he literally rose to the occasion and changed his life. Mentally, physically, maybe even spiritually who the feck knows but just wonder if he can get that fire and desire back on save for a massive damaging threat. Now I'm rambling ffs . Wilder and Joshua needs to happen!

So..what are your personal top 5 must see match ups?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The 5 fights you want above all

That's a pretty good list right there.

My only addition at this point would be a Kovalev-Bivol showdown.

As far as what you have up there.... yeah... Spence-Crawford would be a fight worth salivating over. Hurd-Munguia would be entertaining to the max, not because either is a superstar, but because it's a safe bet the fight wouldn't last the 12 rounds. Loma-Garcia.... yes.... the matchup that should've been in the first place. Garcia went for the home run and struck out. Interesting to see how he'd fare against Loma at a lower weight. Inoue-Nery..... awesome. Of course, my biased opinion is that I'd like to see Emmanuel derail the Inoue train first, but assuming he doesn't.... Inoue-Nery has PPV written all over it. Joshua-Wilder... who wouldn't want that? This is one that may be in danger of marinating, not because anyone says so, but because of the maddening circus of negotiations and contracts that seems to dominate the HW landscape these days.

Couldn't help but notice the glaring Ginger omission. Understandable, as Team Ginger does it's best to avoid any superstar matchups on an even playing field. Nobody wants to see Ginger-GGG III.... and beyond that and the upcoming Jacobs match there really aren't too many realistic options for TG.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev v Bivol or Kov
    Yarde v Buatsi
    Joyce v Dubois
    Fury v AJ
    Loma v Davis
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Beterbiev v Bivol or Kov
    Yarde v Buatsi
    Joyce v Dubois
    Fury v AJ
    Loma v Davis
    Yes. Loma vs Davis would be every bit as good as Loma vs GarcĂ­a (or even better) because you wouldn't have to count in the possible wear and tear of one of them going back down in weight. That's two whole weight classes back down. Yikes!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    That's a pretty good list right there.

My only addition at this point would be a Kovalev-Bivol showdown.

As far as what you have up there.... yeah... Spence-Crawford would be a fight worth salivating over. Hurd-Munguia would be entertaining to the max, not because either is a superstar, but because it's a safe bet the fight wouldn't last the 12 rounds. Loma-Garcia.... yes.... the matchup that should've been in the first place. Garcia went for the home run and struck out. Interesting to see how he'd fare against Loma at a lower weight. Inoue-Nery..... awesome. Of course, my biased opinion is that I'd like to see Emmanuel derail the Inoue train first, but assuming he doesn't.... Inoue-Nery has PPV written all over it. Joshua-Wilder... who wouldn't want that? This is one that may be in danger of marinating, not because anyone says so, but because of the maddening circus of negotiations and contracts that seems to dominate the HW landscape these days.

Couldn't help but notice the glaring Ginger omission. Understandable, as Team Ginger does it's best to avoid any superstar matchups on an even playing field. Nobody wants to see Ginger-GGG III.... and beyond that and the upcoming Jacobs match there really aren't too many realistic options for TG.
    Yeh I thought of Canelo v Benavidez but we both know a challenge like that happening has a snow balls chance in hell. I'm good with Jacobs and looking forward to it but really no need for a third played out Canelo v Golovkin. I've seen it twice already and watched Golovkin win both times

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Callum Smith v Benavidez was my 6th choice.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Beterbiev v Bivol or Kov
    Yarde v Buatsi
    Joyce v Dubois
    Fury v AJ
    Loma v Davis
    Good ones, Beterbiev and Bivol might be further apart with Beterbiev signing with Top Rank. But he and Kov would be solid!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford V Spence
    Fury v Joshua
    Wilder v Joshua
    Canelo v GGG 3
    Yafai V Moloney

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford v Spence far and away #1, nothing is even close

AJ v Wilder #2

Davis v Loma #3

Garcia v Loma #4

Monster v Nery

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Spence vs Crawford
    2. Spence/Crawford vs Thurman
    3. Loma vs. Mikey
    4. Jacobs vs. Charlo
    5. AJ vs Wilder

Just missing the top 5: Hurd vs Charlo. I think the Charlo bros are hype jobs so want to see them in with stiff competition. I think Thurman is overrated also, so want to see him in with Errol or Bud.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    1. Spence vs Crawford
    2. Spence/Crawford vs Thurman
    3. Loma vs. Mikey
    4. Jacobs vs. Charlo
    5. AJ vs Wilder

Just missing the top 5: Hurd vs Charlo. I think the Charlo bros are hype jobs so want to see them in with stiff competition. I think Thurman is overrated also, so want to see him in with Errol or Bud.
    Thurman v Crawford would be a good indicator if Keith is a overrated. Spence is a league above them both at this moment in time.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence-Crawford
    Joshua-Wilder
    Joshua-Fury
    Gvozdyk-Bivol
    Lomachenko-Davis

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gvozdyk-Bivol-Kov-Beterbiev would make a good unification series.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence Vs Crawford (easily the best)
    Mikey vs Loma (easily the second best if Mikey can comfortably make 135 still)
    Inuoe vs Nery or Wangek
    Kovalev vs Bivol or Beterbiev
    Santa Cruz vs Valdez

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Wilder vs Joshau might not be as big as people think. Wilder look like a amateur against Fury. I would think a Fury AJ fight would be a bigger deal. Wilder still has to prove himself to me and the world before I pay a fat PPV price.

Thread Information