Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao doesn’t want Spence

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pa...medium=twitter

Pacquiao wants Mayweather, Thurman, Porter, or D. Garcia. For all of you people thinking that Pacquiao beats Spence, we all know now that he wants no part of him. He doesn’t want Crawford either.

Pacquiao is still a solid fighter, but he knows that he isn’t elite anymore and won’t beat the top fighters. I just wish he would go away if he isn’t going to fight the best and just handpick lesser opponents. I didn’t even watch the Broner fight. I was busy that day and had no desire to watch the replay.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao doesn’t want Spence

This is a good thing. Spence is far too young, fresh and good for Manny. He does look stupid being at ringside now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shouldn’t surprise anyone. I didn’t like Spence calling out porter as his plan b though, who needs to see that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smart man. He knows he has done very well to scratch his way back and still be sitting center stage and fighting decently enough. No need to be carted off under a horrible beating and restricted to a liquid diet for weeks. It would be good exposure and coin for Spence but he doesn't need Manny to put him over with fans. They seemed to be pushing a Porter match but it feels so so after Porters showing with Ugas. But unification is the way to go because I can't see anyone in the ibf top 12 giving him too much trouble.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem is that I don’t want Pacquiao taking away fights from Spence. So if Porter is on his list, Porter is most likely going to pick Pacquiao over Spence because it’s an easier fight and most likely more money.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What’s wrong with that scenario though? Porter vs pac is an interesting enough fight. Spence vs porter is a forgone conclusion. If the fight with Crawford can’t get done, I wouldn’t mind seeing Spence just move up to 154, its an ask but what else is worth doing? There are a bunch of great fights to make there.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence is a pick 'em fight for me, but I can see why Manny would avoid it as another loss kind of ends his career. For whatever reason he seems intent on extending his career and fights with the likes of Garcia or Thurman are much more predictable Manny wins. Spence would be a difficult fight for sure, but I just see Manny putting him down and retreating like almost every one else. Manny should let Floyd go. Floyd is done against proper fighters.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is a good thing. Spence is far too young, fresh and good for Manny. He does look stupid being at ringside now.
    yeah, it's a good thing that a guy can earn big money living off past glories into his 40's without taking on the best. How is this any different to what your mate Floyd does?
    and not only was he at ringside, the cunt gets in the ring and doesn't refuse the challenge. No way on earth after all his years in Boxing is he naïve enough to not realize that being at ringside , that they are gonna call him into the ring.
    The guy is a blagger and a bullshitter of the highest order. Sorry Miles , really don't wish to get into a long drawn out slanging match over this.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    What’s wrong with that scenario though? Porter vs pac is an interesting enough fight. Spence vs porter is a forgone conclusion. If the fight with Crawford can’t get done, I wouldn’t mind seeing Spence just move up to 154, its an ask but what else is worth doing? There are a bunch of great fights to make there.
    Because Spence needs to clean out the division. Porter is a solid fighter and would be a solid victory. Nothing is a foregone conclusion. Spence still needs to prove that he is the best welterweight. It’s just hard if everyone avoids him.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao gets who he wants. Worst case is he picks Porter because Thurman won’t fight Spence. If PAC chooses Thurman it leaves Porter available.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all want Spence-Crawford. Hopefully the powers that be will make it happen sooner rather than later. By later I mean when age begins to creep in as an excuse. Now that Spence dispatched Mikey back down to the lighter weights... and after Crawford is done dispatching the "Brook-dodging" Khan... hopefully it'll start clearing the way toward The Big One. Of course, I wouldn't mind the Thurmans and the Porters of the division getting in there first, just to establish that Spence and Crawford are indeed the cream of the division. Pac was great but his time is done. That would be just another distraction and time delay for The Big One, which is what we boxing fans really want to see. Hopefully it won't be treated like Pac-Floyd was handled..... horribly.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    We all want Spence-Crawford. Hopefully the powers that be will make it happen sooner rather than later. By later I mean when age begins to creep in as an excuse. Now that Spence dispatched Mikey back down to the lighter weights... and after Crawford is done dispatching the "Brook-dodging" Khan... hopefully it'll start clearing the way toward The Big One. Of course, I wouldn't mind the Thurmans and the Porters of the division getting in there first, just to establish that Spence and Crawford are indeed the cream of the division. Pac was great but his time is done. That would be just another distraction and time delay for The Big One, which is what we boxing fans really want to see. Hopefully it won't be treated like Pac-Floyd was handled..... horribly.
    Different scenarios. Anyone that understands the sport knew Floyd would fleece Manny. So of course Bob wasn’t in a rush.Spence/Crawford is a mystery.

Spence’s PPV seems above 360k in buys so let’s hope Crawford’s tops 300k to move closer. I doubt it does good numbers though. Like always in boxing I expect things to go wrong. The numbers will say Crawford should take less and Bob will refuse, that part we’ve seen before.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Different scenarios. Anyone that understands the sport knew Floyd would fleece Manny. So of course Bob wasn’t in a rush.Spence/Crawford is a mystery.

Spence’s PPV seems above 360k in buys so let’s hope Crawford’s tops 300k to move closer. I doubt it does good numbers though. Like always in boxing I expect things to go wrong. The numbers will say Crawford should take less and Bob will refuse, that part we’ve seen before.

It may come down to Crawford and what he wants. If he wants to become another pawn in boxing's mindless promoter games, I guess we may be in for another "Floyd-Pac circus". If Bud really wants Spence in the ring, it'll happen with the timing that will please the fans.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Because Spence needs to clean out the division. Porter is a solid fighter and would be a solid victory. Nothing is a foregone conclusion. Spence still needs to prove that he is the best welterweight. It’s just hard if everyone avoids him.
    Im biased because I don’t enjoy watching porter fight, but I don’t think he even won his last fight. He grabbed a vacant title since Thurman was awol in the first place, and Thurman has expressed no real willingness to fight Spence prior. The best welterweight is Spence or Crawford and everyone knows that, if it’s going to be a case where the fight can’t get made, I’d rather just see at least one of them pursue something interesting. Spence is a really big ww anyways, he could easily just weigh in at 150ish and leave himself options.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

It may come down to Crawford and what he wants. If he wants to become another pawn in boxing's mindless promoter games, I guess we may be in for another "Floyd-Pac circus". If Bud really wants Spence in the ring, it'll happen with the timing that will please the fans.
    They probably haven't made much money at such an early stage (I mean retirement-securing money), so I wouldn't expect them to really want to risk a loss just yet. But of course that would apply to everyone.

Thread Information