0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Jermall hide away to Korobov?
    Korobov deserves a rematch and Charlo should want one, that fight was a big knock backwards for the momentum of Charlo.
    I think it was an unfortunate fight for Charlo. Korobov is a solid fighter who was thrown in late so Charlo didn’t train properly for him and his brother just got robbed a half hour before the fight which I think affected him big time. I still thought that Charlo won.
    With you on Jermell and Harrison didn't give Harrison more than 4 rounds. But didn't Charlo chat up GGG for not taking him as TBA instead of Vanes? I'm a fan of Jermall Charlo but he proved wrapped too tight when plans changed, Korobov night was hopefully a blessing.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who Steve Rolls

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin to fight Rolls in New York on June 8

Gennady Golovkin is to return to action against Steve Rolls at Madison Square Garden on June 8.

The former middleweight world champion has not fought since losing his WBA and WBC titles in a rematch with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez last September.

But Golovkin signed a six-fight deal with DAZN last month and the first bout has been booked against Rolls in New York.

Golovkin, who boasts a 38-1-1 professional record, last fought at Madison Square Garden in March 2017 against Daniel Jacobs, Canelo's next opponent after he also signed with DAZN.

Canadian Rolls is undefeated in 19 bouts, winning 10 by knockout, and insists he will be a match for the high-profile Golovkin.

"I want to sincerely thank DAZN and GGG himself for giving me the opportunity to challenge one of the best fighters in the world," he said.

"But let me be clear: I've won national championships and represented my country, and Golovkin is just a man. I'm coming to win this fight and put my name among the best middleweights in the world."

Golovkin added that the New York fans will "see the best" of him.

"I am very excited to be returning to the ring and bringing the 'Big Drama Show' back to Madison Square Garden," he said. "The Garden's fans are fantastic.

"I love boxing and I promise to bring the best of me to everyone who will be watching me in an all-action fight with Steve Rolls. I am very happy that GGG Promotions has a new home at DAZN."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gol...215201518.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG contract amount was said to be eight figures per fight. While Canelo's was published at $365 for 11 fights. so the money is the same for GGG x 6 fights, it would be $200 million. I think, I get the more fights for Canelo 13 and 6 for GGG because of their age, but GGG only has 196 rounds of getting hit while Canelo is way younger his body has been through 379 rounds of getting hit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

164 weigh

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    164 weigh
    Saw that also. Seems really pointless to make this catchweight other than Golovkin trying to soften what is a perceived mismatch. He said he wants Adams to be comfortable . Or he's tip toing up to 168 where Hearn and Canelo tell him to.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bye Abel. Thought who train new?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No need to give up 10% when you fight the likes of Steve Rolls, shrewd business move

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robert Garcia could new train

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it’s true that GGG didn’t want to give Abel a raise then that’s awful. He has been a part of your team since day 1. GGG is a multimillionaire. Give Abel his due

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see it both ways. There is loyalty and all that, but at the same time, anyone who posts here could fill in as GGGs trainer if hes going to be taking easy fights.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin splits with longtime trainer Abel Sanchez in a dispute over money

One of the most successful fighter-trainer combinations of the 21st century is no more.

Former middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin parted ways with longtime trainer Abel Sanchez on Wednesday in a dispute over money. Golovkin, who has a fight against Steve Rolls on June 8 in New York, lavished Sanchez with praise in a statement announcing the change.

Golovkin did not identify his new trainer.

In a statement provided to Yahoo Sports, Sanchez referenced “an insulting trainer compensation schedule,” that Golovkin offered him.

Golovkin hired Sanchez in April 2010 to train him. In their first fight together, Golovkin knocked out Milton Núñez in the first round on Aug. 14, 2010, on the way to becoming one of the biggest stars in boxing.

They worked together for 22 fights, going 20-1-1 with 19 knockouts together. Sanchez transformed Golovkin from a boxer with a European style into one of the most exciting knockout punchers in the world. Their partnership provided success for both men and lifted them to the heights of boxing.

As is often the case in boxing, though, money is at the root of the problem.

Golovkin, who earlier this year signed a massive financial deal with DAZN that Sanchez said is worth $100 million, wanted Sanchez to take a pay cut. Sanchez wasn’t willing to take the cut and they parted ways.

Golovkin’s statement read:

“I would like to announce that I have made a major decision for myself and for my career. I want to build on what I have already achieved and continue to better myself. Therefore, I will not be training with Abel Sanchez. This was not an easy decision for me and it is not a reflection on Abel's professional abilities. He is a great trainer, a loyal trainer, and a Hall of Fame trainer.

“I will be announcing my new trainer at a later date. But today, I want to thank Abel for the lessons he taught me in boxing.”

Abel Sanchez blasts ‘greedy’ GGG
    Sanchez clearly was unhappy with the way the partnership ended. He attended a news conference in Los Angeles to announce Golovkin’s deal with DAZN, at which point Golovkin told Yahoo Sports that he anticipated Sanchez would remain as his trainer.

Sanchez, though, did not appear at either stop on Golovkin’s New York-Los Angeles media appearances to promote the fight with Rolls.

Sanchez’s statement in full:

“FYI, as of today I will no longer be working with Gennady Golovkin. After a great 9-year run, records set and equaled, developing a Hall of Fame career and making it possible to sign a six-fight, $100 million contract with DAZN, he proposed and insisted on an insulting new trainer compensation schedule. My dignity and honor does not allow me to be screwed like that. It’s unfortunate being greedy, being ungrateful and no ethics, honor or integrity will end this relationship.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gen...222608804.html

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I can see it both ways. There is loyalty and all that, but at the same time, anyone who posts here could fill in as GGGs trainer if hes going to be taking easy fights.

"Anyone"? Does that include Miles?

Seriously though, I'd have to know the particulars first. Did Abel ask for a million dollar raise? Did GGG ask him to take a pay cut? I just don't know exactly what it's all about. It does seem odd, however, that a long time partnership would dissolve over money. The trainer is the Commander in Chief of your corner and your training for fights. Fighters owe their trainers a ton of credit. Seems disloyal to say the least to let go of a trainer over money. It'd be another thing if the trainer had outlived his usefulness and had nothing to offer in terms of raising your game to the next level. All fighters have ebbs and flows in quality of opponents. Doesn't mean you dump an Abel Sanchez. Then again maybe there's something they're not telling us. Maybe GGG holds a bit of a grudge in thinking it's somehow Abel's fault he didn't beat Ginger decisively enough to force the judges to grudgingly give him the nod. Who knows.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is GGG prerogative who he hires and fires as it is his career and he steps into the ring. Even if it is about money, Abel will not teach Golovkin anything new.

Remember Holyfield did it with Emanuel Steward for the same reason.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is GGG prerogative who he hires and fires as it is his career and he steps into the ring. Even if it is about money, Abel will not teach Golovkin anything new.

Remember Holyfield did it with Emanuel Steward for the same reason.
    I think everyone agrees that it’s up to GGG to make his own decisions, but he has seemed to just get extra greedy lately. It’s a bad look. There’s nothing illegal about lowering your trainers wage, but when you get a huge raise and try to do it, it’s just a selfish move.

Thread Information