Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you could be at any boxing event in history, which fight would you select?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If you could be at any boxing event in history, which fight would you select?

Monzon vs Valdez 2. King Carlos was the greatest fighter of my 64 years of living.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If you could be at any boxing event in history, which fight would you select?

Yup rumble in the jungle I watch it twice a year

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guess Ill have to pick rumble in the jungle, so I could find and mutilate the retard that just posted.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Guess Ill have to pick rumble in the jungle, so I could find and mutilate the retard that just posted.
    I pray for the day P4gay comes at me, I’ll even give him two free shots before I rip his head off and shove it up his yippykayoyayee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta agree with the Greb vs Tunney or the Sullivan vs Corbett sentiment. I would definitely have to choose a fight that never made it to film.

Sullivan vs Kilrain deserves a mention.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Ringside at either Ali/Foreman or Ali/Liston.
    Me too.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A young Duran vs Buchanan

Any of the later fights of Jack Johnson, crowds were massive

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought about it for a while and I have to say Holmes v Cooney. Just to see how the crowd and hype turned them into savage mobs. Had to be a great telling point in American history! Race, culture, class and society all mashed up in one fight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Maybe Harry Greb w.15 Gene Tunney at Madison Square garden. Hey no one has ever seen him fight, might as well see him lay a purported beating on the future hvy weight champ.
    My thoughts went to Greb too.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Maybe Harry Greb w.15 Gene Tunney at Madison Square garden. Hey no one has ever seen him fight, might as well see him lay a purported beating on the future hvy weight champ.
    My thoughts went to Greb too.
    One of the few virtually unknown that has always ranked one of the best. I remember when I first came on here and Mick having a go every time I brought Greb up . 'only believe what we can see with our own eyes'..hey maybe we didn't land on the moon after all

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mitch "Blood" Green vs. Tyson street fight

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roberto Duran and Esteban DeJesus 2

The main reason that I liked this fight after Duran lost a nontitle fight to DeJesus is that Duran the champ did not duck him and the challenger was one of the most skillfull lightweights of the Duran era. He knocked Duran down in the first round in both fights. Besides a punch to match the champ he had skills that made him the victor in the previous fight. Duran was not only in excellent shape but he evolved and showed skills. He out boxed and later outpunched DeJesus displaying movement and skill and speed along with giving a boxing clinic to the challenger. It was electric that day in Panama Duran by KO and there was two knockdowns scored by him.
    Last edited by Master; 05-15-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    Roberto Duran and Esteban DeJesus 2

The main reason that I liked this fight after Duran lost a nontitle fight to DeJesus is that Duran the champ did not duck him and the challenger was one of the most skillfull lightweights of the Duran era. He knocked Duran down in the first round in both fights. Besides a punch to match the champ he had skills that made him the victor in the previous fight. Duran was not only in excellent shape but he evolved and showed skills. He out boxed and later outpunched DeJesus displaying movement and skill and speed along with giving a boxing clinic to the challenger. It was electric that day in Panama Duran by KO and there was two knockdowns scored by him.
    Watched that fight on ESPN and Duran was just perpetual motion and on fire. Absolute vicious fighter who wanted to destroy DeJesus. Really good fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

John L. Sullivan vs Jake Kilrain. Last world title bout under London Prize Ring Rules, 75 out of 80 rounds and The Great John L. actually vomited after the 44th round

Thread Information