Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,113
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    357
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hmm.... if defending women boxers from transgenders makes me "sexist"..... does Ron on his soapbox about black and white fighters make him "racist"?

    Just wondering, because we want to be consistent here.
    Are you pretending you don’t know the difference of our conversations? It’s making me genuinely sad for you. I don’t think you mean to be a hate monster. I believe you have a good heart and are genuinely confused, I assume over 50 to not see how archaic your judgement is.

    When I argue to take away a minorities rights I will be a hypocrite. You argued to take away a minorities rights and were confused enough to believe it was a moral position. Further punishing the already oppressed is as immoral as one can be.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 04-04-2019 at 10:21 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,270
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1000
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    A hate monster

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,143
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1593
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    A hate monster
    Yeah... sort of like the Cookie Monster, but meaner.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hmm.... if defending women boxers from transgenders makes me "sexist"..... does Ron on his soapbox about black and white fighters make him "racist"?

    Just wondering, because we want to be consistent here.
    Are you pretending you don’t know the difference of our conversations? It’s making me genuinely sad for you. I don’t think you mean to be a hate monster. I believe you have a good heart and are genuinely confused, I assume over 50 to not see how archaic your judgement is.

    When I argue to take away a minorities rights I will be a hypocrite. You argued to take away a minorities rights and were confused enough to believe it was a moral position. Further punishing the already oppressed is as immoral as one can be.


    Oh get off it Ron. I won't bore everyone with the details of the transgender subject, but you know better than that. Nowhere did I say it shouldn't be allowed, so please spare us your "punishing the already oppressed" hysterics.

    I clearly said they shouldn't be forced on women boxers who want no part of it. What part of that is "sexist" to you Ron? Never mind. I have no interest in your opinion.

    All you have to do is read the countless articles where women in all sports (not just boxing) are against transgenders in women sports. So it's not me saying it, Ron. It's the women themselves. Does that make them "sexist" as well?

    Once transgenders in female boxing becomes commonplace and accepted, it'll become increasingly more difficult for women to refuse to fight them. That is my "sexist" opinion..... you're free to disagree.

    So don't be sad for me Ron. Be happy. Happy that I'm here to set the record straight for your benefit.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,361
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    446
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Manny can get old over night at this point, but barring that, I think he dominates Thurman. Keith has not looked that good for a while, and if Danny Garcia had him uncomfortable, Manny will run him out of the ring. Hope the fight happens in July.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,871
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    399
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    As far as the fight goes, I haven’t a problem with it. It’s a meaningful fight between 2 of the “Players” in the division and the winner moves forward, while the loser will struggle to come back from it and be relevant.
    Like other people have said, if Manny doesn’t grow old in the ring, I can see him having too much for Thurman. But at Manny’s age , old Father Time can creep up on you at any time.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,092
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3101
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    A hate monster
    Yeah... sort of like the Cookie Monster, but meaner.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hmm.... if defending women boxers from transgenders makes me "sexist"..... does Ron on his soapbox about black and white fighters make him "racist"?

    Just wondering, because we want to be consistent here.
    Are you pretending you don’t know the difference of our conversations? It’s making me genuinely sad for you. I don’t think you mean to be a hate monster. I believe you have a good heart and are genuinely confused, I assume over 50 to not see how archaic your judgement is.

    When I argue to take away a minorities rights I will be a hypocrite. You argued to take away a minorities rights and were confused enough to believe it was a moral position. Further punishing the already oppressed is as immoral as one can be.


    Oh get off it Ron. I won't bore everyone with the details of the transgender subject, but you know better than that. Nowhere did I say it shouldn't be allowed, so please spare us your "punishing the already oppressed" hysterics.

    I clearly said they shouldn't be forced on women boxers who want no part of it. What part of that is "sexist" to you Ron? Never mind. I have no interest in your opinion.

    All you have to do is read the countless articles where women in all sports (not just boxing) are against transgenders in women sports. So it's not me saying it, Ron. It's the women themselves. Does that make them "sexist" as well?

    Once transgenders in female boxing becomes commonplace and accepted, it'll become increasingly more difficult for women to refuse to fight them. That is my "sexist" opinion..... you're free to disagree.

    So don't be sad for me Ron. Be happy. Happy that I'm here to set the record straight for your benefit.
    Well, I am under 50 and don't think minorities in the West are oppressed in the slightest. Quite the opposite in fact. Affirmative action is a case in point and I find that to be immoral.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,491
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    343
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    As far as the fight goes, I haven’t a problem with it. It’s a meaningful fight between 2 of the “Players” in the division and the winner moves forward, while the loser will struggle to come back from it and be relevant.
    Like other people have said, if Manny doesn’t grow old in the ring, I can see him having too much for Thurman. But at Manny’s age , old Father Time can creep up on you at any time.
    I still don’t see Pacquiao fighting Spence or Crawford even if he beats Thurman though. That’s my only issue with it. Of course I’m just guessing so I hope he would prove me wrong.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,303
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    As far as the fight goes, I haven’t a problem with it. It’s a meaningful fight between 2 of the “Players” in the division and the winner moves forward, while the loser will struggle to come back from it and be relevant.
    Like other people have said, if Manny doesn’t grow old in the ring, I can see him having too much for Thurman. But at Manny’s age , old Father Time can creep up on you at any time.
    I still don’t see Pacquiao fighting Spence or Crawford even if he beats Thurman though. That’s my only issue with it. Of course I’m just guessing so I hope he would prove me wrong.
    I do not want to see Manny fight Spence or Crawford but if he does beat Thurman then he is a lot closer to those guys than I think he is.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,491
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    343
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    As far as the fight goes, I haven’t a problem with it. It’s a meaningful fight between 2 of the “Players” in the division and the winner moves forward, while the loser will struggle to come back from it and be relevant.
    Like other people have said, if Manny doesn’t grow old in the ring, I can see him having too much for Thurman. But at Manny’s age , old Father Time can creep up on you at any time.
    I still don’t see Pacquiao fighting Spence or Crawford even if he beats Thurman though. That’s my only issue with it. Of course I’m just guessing so I hope he would prove me wrong.
    I do not want to see Manny fight Spence or Crawford but if he does beat Thurman then he is a lot closer to those guys than I think he is.
    If he beats Thurman then I think he proves to still have a lot left in the tank

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,797
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1635
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I think Lemieux gets more chances and money than hes worth largely because hes french Canadian, not neccesarily because hes white. Thats a reasonably large market with basically no other representation in boxing. Its like TV dinner is trying to fill the void Denilson and Freedom have left though, I like it.
    Exactly. Quebec has always been a big market for professional boxing and especially Montreal. The Montreal public will turn out and fill arenas to watch imported pretend Canadians like Bute and Stevenson regardless of colour or whatever. Lemieux was actually born in Montreal and is a KO artist so he's obviously going to be carefully managed and progressed because he's potentially a massive money spinner.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    410
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The writer doesn’t seem to understand how fake belts work. If a fake title holder meets a real title holder it does not eliminate the fake title. It becomes vacant for a different fake title holder to win. Of course we must remember that if the new fake title holder has light skin it will be counted as a major championship.
    Wow Ron I knew you were a dumbass I just didn't know you were full blown retarded

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hmm.... if defending women boxers from transgenders makes me "sexist"..... does Ron on his soapbox about black and white fighters make him "racist"?

    Just wondering, because we want to be consistent here.
    Are you pretending you don’t know the difference of our conversations? It’s making me genuinely sad for you. I don’t think you mean to be a hate monster. I believe you have a good heart and are genuinely confused, I assume over 50 to not see how archaic your judgement is.

    When I argue to take away a minorities rights I will be a hypocrite. You argued to take away a minorities rights and were confused enough to believe it was a moral position. Further punishing the already oppressed is as immoral as one can be.
    Protecting the minority rights off biological men to beat the absolute dog shit out of biological women?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    327
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Style wise it seems better for KT, but since i didn't see his last fight, I'm on the fence
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,303
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Style wise it seems better for KT, but since i didn't see his last fight, I'm on the fence
    Thurman has slipped and not the force he once was. Still think he beats Manny but not Spence or Crawford.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,700
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4681
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Style wise it seems better for KT, but since i didn't see his last fight, I'm on the fence
    I can see 'rust' being some part of his last fight and he had a couple of very bad moments as the fight wore on. Lopez got stronger and Thurman regardless of activity just should not be getting hit clean and hurt with some of those sloppy wide punches. I think to win let alone make the bell with Manny he'll have to punch between Manny and win a portion of exchanges going backwards. Off of Lopez and even prior I don't think he has the mentality to stay on that.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    327
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

    Talk about pushing a man off the fence
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Keith “no smoke” Thurman says...
    By Ron Swanson in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-26-2017, 06:52 PM
  2. M.I.A - Keith Thurman
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-19-2017, 07:13 PM
  3. Keith Thurman
    By Dark Lord Al in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 12:06 AM
  4. Keith Thurman...wtf was that?
    By Spicoli in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-25-2014, 03:47 PM
  5. Keith Thurman?!? If You Was Al Haymon . . .
    By Ant Live in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 03:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing