Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hmm.... if defending women boxers from transgenders makes me "sexist"..... does Ron on his soapbox about black and white fighters make him "racist"?

Just wondering, because we want to be consistent here.
    Are you pretending you don’t know the difference of our conversations? It’s making me genuinely sad for you. I don’t think you mean to be a hate monster. I believe you have a good heart and are genuinely confused, I assume over 50 to not see how archaic your judgement is.

When I argue to take away a minorities rights I will be a hypocrite. You argued to take away a minorities rights and were confused enough to believe it was a moral position. Further punishing the already oppressed is as immoral as one can be.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 04-04-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A hate monster

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    A hate monster
    Yeah... sort of like the Cookie Monster, but meaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Hmm.... if defending women boxers from transgenders makes me "sexist"..... does Ron on his soapbox about black and white fighters make him "racist"?

Are you pretending you don’t know the difference of our conversations? It’s making me genuinely sad for you. I don’t think you mean to be a hate monster. I believe you have a good heart and are genuinely confused, I assume over 50 to not see how archaic your judgement is.

When I argue to take away a minorities rights I will be a hypocrite. You argued to take away a minorities rights and were confused enough to believe it was a moral position. Further punishing the already oppressed is as immoral as one can be.

Oh get off it Ron. I won't bore everyone with the details of the transgender subject, but you know better than that. Nowhere did I say it shouldn't be allowed, so please spare us your "punishing the already oppressed" hysterics.

I clearly said they shouldn't be forced on women boxers who want no part of it. What part of that is "sexist" to you Ron? Never mind. I have no interest in your opinion.

All you have to do is read the countless articles where women in all sports (not just boxing) are against transgenders in women sports. So it's not me saying it, Ron. It's the women themselves. Does that make them "sexist" as well?

Once transgenders in female boxing becomes commonplace and accepted, it'll become increasingly more difficult for women to refuse to fight them. That is my "sexist" opinion..... you're free to disagree.

So don't be sad for me Ron. Be happy. Happy that I'm here to set the record straight for your benefit.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny can get old over night at this point, but barring that, I think he dominates Thurman. Keith has not looked that good for a while, and if Danny Garcia had him uncomfortable, Manny will run him out of the ring. Hope the fight happens in July.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as the fight goes, I haven’t a problem with it. It’s a meaningful fight between 2 of the “Players” in the division and the winner moves forward, while the loser will struggle to come back from it and be relevant.
    Like other people have said, if Manny doesn’t grow old in the ring, I can see him having too much for Thurman. But at Manny’s age , old Father Time can creep up on you at any time.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A hate monster
    Yeah... sort of like the Cookie Monster, but meaner.

Oh get off it Ron. I won't bore everyone with the details of the transgender subject, but you know better than that. Nowhere did I say it shouldn't be allowed, so please spare us your "punishing the already oppressed" hysterics.

I clearly said they shouldn't be forced on women boxers who want no part of it. What part of that is "sexist" to you Ron? Never mind. I have no interest in your opinion.

All you have to do is read the countless articles where women in all sports (not just boxing) are against transgenders in women sports. So it's not me saying it, Ron. It's the women themselves. Does that make them "sexist" as well?

Once transgenders in female boxing becomes commonplace and accepted, it'll become increasingly more difficult for women to refuse to fight them. That is my "sexist" opinion..... you're free to disagree.

So don't be sad for me Ron. Be happy. Happy that I'm here to set the record straight for your benefit.
    Well, I am under 50 and don't think minorities in the West are oppressed in the slightest. Quite the opposite in fact. Affirmative action is a case in point and I find that to be immoral.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    As far as the fight goes, I haven’t a problem with it. It’s a meaningful fight between 2 of the “Players” in the division and the winner moves forward, while the loser will struggle to come back from it and be relevant.
    Like other people have said, if Manny doesn’t grow old in the ring, I can see him having too much for Thurman. But at Manny’s age , old Father Time can creep up on you at any time.
    I still don’t see Pacquiao fighting Spence or Crawford even if he beats Thurman though. That’s my only issue with it. Of course I’m just guessing so I hope he would prove me wrong.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I still don’t see Pacquiao fighting Spence or Crawford even if he beats Thurman though. That’s my only issue with it. Of course I’m just guessing so I hope he would prove me wrong.
    I do not want to see Manny fight Spence or Crawford but if he does beat Thurman then he is a lot closer to those guys than I think he is.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I do not want to see Manny fight Spence or Crawford but if he does beat Thurman then he is a lot closer to those guys than I think he is.
    If he beats Thurman then I think he proves to still have a lot left in the tank

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Lemieux gets more chances and money than hes worth largely because hes french Canadian, not neccesarily because hes white. Thats a reasonably large market with basically no other representation in boxing. Its like TV dinner is trying to fill the void Denilson and Freedom have left though, I like it.
    Exactly. Quebec has always been a big market for professional boxing and especially Montreal. The Montreal public will turn out and fill arenas to watch imported pretend Canadians like Bute and Stevenson regardless of colour or whatever. Lemieux was actually born in Montreal and is a KO artist so he's obviously going to be carefully managed and progressed because he's potentially a massive money spinner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The writer doesn’t seem to understand how fake belts work. If a fake title holder meets a real title holder it does not eliminate the fake title. It becomes vacant for a different fake title holder to win. Of course we must remember that if the new fake title holder has light skin it will be counted as a major championship.
    Wow Ron I knew you were a dumbass I just didn't know you were full blown retarded

Protecting the minority rights off biological men to beat the absolute dog shit out of biological women?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Style wise it seems better for KT, but since i didn't see his last fight, I'm on the fence
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Style wise it seems better for KT, but since i didn't see his last fight, I'm on the fence
    Thurman has slipped and not the force he once was. Still think he beats Manny but not Spence or Crawford.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    I can see 'rust' being some part of his last fight and he had a couple of very bad moments as the fight wore on. Lopez got stronger and Thurman regardless of activity just should not be getting hit clean and hurt with some of those sloppy wide punches. I think to win let alone make the bell with Manny he'll have to punch between Manny and win a portion of exchanges going backwards. Off of Lopez and even prior I don't think he has the mentality to stay on that.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talk about pushing a man off the fence
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information