Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Underrated Punchers that pounded out a victory

Was going through some old score sheets and reminded of Paul Vaden turning it on late and koing Vincent Pettway. Pettway before and after was always thought to be almost to nice and 'clean' for the sport and a very capable boxer off the jab. He pretty much came from obscurity to grab Pettways title and proved brutal throwing combinations in the championship rounds. Pettway came in that night fresh off one of the more devastating KO's you'll ever see when he left Simon Brown flat on his back still throwing punches in the air . Vaden went back into conservative safety boxer mode losing his next fight out v Terry Norris but became very successful post boxing always wearing a big smile.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    When Ishida slept Kirkland lmao
    LMAO! I'm still not sure what to call that fight there! Took bombs from Joel Julio, even Angulo hit him harder in that first round then did ishida, yet...man, I dunno! LMAO! funny example, but you're right!!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ishida vs kirkland was hilarious. Only explanation is he came out bone dry and was clipped in a weird way that just threw his equilibrium off completely, I guess

Does anyone remember that video where they showed highlights of the boxer taking punishment but completely edited out the opponent? I cant remember if it was Kirkland or Angulo against Canelo, one of the two. It would be priceless to see the same thing done for Kirkland against Ishida.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Ishida vs kirkland was hilarious. Only explanation is he came out bone dry and was clipped in a weird way that just threw his equilibrium off completely, I guess

Does anyone remember that video where they showed highlights of the boxer taking punishment but completely edited out the opponent? I cant remember if it was Kirkland or Angulo against Canelo, one of the two. It would be priceless to see the same thing done for Kirkland against Ishida.
    On a similar note the light puncher Calvin Grove knocked out Jeff Fenech who also came in bone dry.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Tevin Farmer fit? 29 wins 6 kos? Only seen highlight reels which reminds me a bit of Tim Bradley from a physique standpoint. Muscular with no one punch KO power.

I just perused Bradley's record and didn't realize outside of 2 TKO's he went his last decade without a straight KO.

While I don't think Devon Alexander was a light hitter, I did think he didn't have the pop to match his muscles. Another boxer who went 10 years without even a TKO: over Juan Urango in 2010. He's scheduled per boxrec to fight in Sn Jacinto??
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

On a similar note the light puncher Calvin Grove knocked out Jeff Fenech who also came in bone dry.
    That was a superbly nasty KO. I think it was more right place at the right time for Grove though who was an accurate hitter. Fenech was on the end and off long layoff after Nelson tore him to utter shreds in their rematch. Ishida and Grove were fast punchers, it looked like Kirkland was literally short circuited off his rapid fire combos.

Thread Information