Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jeff Horn v Kell Brook

Jeff Horn would welcome the opportunity to fight Kell Brook as he plots his next career move around an impending new arrival.

The Australian wasted little time in winning his last outing, knocking out compatriot Anthony Mundine inside a round in a middleweight contest last November.

There remains a possibility Horn campaigns again at the 160-pound limit, while earlier this year his management team talked up a potential bout with Kell Brook, who saw his hopes of a domestic clash with Amir Khan dashed by his long-time rival opting to take on Terence Crawford instead.

A bout with Brook certainly interests the 31-year-old from Brisbane - and he is willing to travel to the United Kingdom to make it happen.

However, a date for his next outing will be dictated by the birth of his second child in June, meaning Horn may not step between the ropes again until the second half of 2019.

"I've made it known that I would fight Kell Brook – and I'd be pretty confident in that fight too," Horn told Omnisport.

"It's a fight that has come up on the radar. I don't know if my team has spoken to his, but I’m definitely up for it.

"I would fight in the UK, it’s just a matter of working out the right dates at the moment. I am having a baby in June, so I don't really want to fight in that month.

"If I can fight in August or September, probably more September, in the UK, or else it would have to be reasonably soon.

"I'm not desperate to fight, though. I could wait until August or September, so I'm not pushing for a fight. It would be great to get one, but if not I will just campaign later in the year."

Horn is a former world champion at welterweight, claiming the WBO belt in 2017 when he upset the legendary Manny Pacquiao on points.

He lost his title just under a year later when stopped by unbeaten American Crawford, though weight issues - he had to strip right down on the scales to get inside the limit - did not help his cause.

A former Olympian, the fighter nicknamed 'The Hornet' would still consider getting back down to welterweight again if the right offer was presented to him, albeit probably not for his next outing.

"For this next fight, I'd say it's going to be at super-welterweight or middleweight," he said.

"I can still make it [welterweight]. Of course I feel more comfortable at the others, as I don't have to cut as much weight. But I know there are plenty of other guys out there that cut more than I do, so I'm not the worst one.

"I know I feel a lot stronger when I cut less, so that’s the best move to further my career."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/hor...114208736.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jeff Horn v Kell Brook

Bob Arum reveals plans for Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook to take place in UK, as well as Vasyl Lomachenko vs Luke Campbell

The top two pound-for-pound fighters in the world could fight in England in 2019

Vasyl Lomachenko and Terence Crawford could both have their next fights in the UK, promoter Bob Arum has exclusively told talkSPORT.com.

The pound-for-pound stars are being lined up for potential bouts against British opposition at the back end of 2019, and so could travel to enemy territory in order to prove their greatness.

WBA and WBO lightweight champion Lomachenko has been ordered to face Luke Campbell for the vacant WBC title next.

When asked about plans for the bout, Arum told talkSPORT.com: “Loma’s great goal is to fight in the UK because here’s where he won his second Olympic gold medal.

“He told me that he came over to watch his very close friend Oleksandr Usyk fight in Manchester [against Tony Bellew] and the public went crazy for him.

“So Loma wants the opportunity to fight in the UK and that’s what we’ll be planning for in September.”

Crawford stopped Amir Khan on April 20 in New York and has since been called out by Sheffield’s Kell Brook.

It was originally assumed that this defence of the WBO welterweight champion’s title would happen in America if it comes to fruition, however Arum insists this is not necessarily the case.

“We’ll be talking to the various television/streaming networks here in the United Kingdom.

“I know Terence would love also to fight in the UK and so perhaps we can arrange that fight also to take place here in the UK.

“You know, there’ve been many years where English fighters have come over to the United States and now we’re trying to reverse the trend.

“We have so many really great champions, none better than Loma and Crawford. And we wanna bring them over so people can see them in person.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...luke-campbell/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jeff Horn v Kell Brook

Arum is teaching for viable opponents for Crawford. Brook isn’t an awful choice, but all of the top welters are on another network. Arum is going to run out of opponents soon enough.

Thread Information