Axe Man Walters

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Worst quitter in boxing..

After the 3rd round Jermaine White told his corner, "throw the towel man, I'm through"

His trainer had the nerved to ask him, 'you aint got another round in you?'

Anthony Peterson is just pasting this kid. His chin really was sturdy, but his arm punches were so weak, I'm not sure what the hell was his corner thinking, asking him if he had another round in him. While It doesn't qualify as the worst quitter, I think this fight qualifies as a fighter who had to quit, because his corner seamed content to tell him to do stuff, that no way could he do!

If you got time to watch 3 rounds of a shellacking...this is it!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

White should have had a code for him to retire/quit with his trainer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You don't have to be knocked unconscious or even have your bell completely rung to stay down when you're down. Just stay down, take the L and shake the winner's hand.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Axe Man Walters

as usual, baal provides the best example. Name a bigger quit job, anyone on here?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL. If a guy can holler 'pop' while popping his foe, yeah, no shame in staying down, take the loss.

loved his combo on the ropes, pop pop POP!POP!POP!
    I guess my example should've been called, "When it's ok to quit"

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    LOL. If a guy can holler 'pop' while popping his foe, yeah, no shame in staying down, take the loss.

Sometimes as a fighter (for the overwhelming 99.9999999% of boxers out there) you're going to get outclassed and sometimes brutally so. Boxing ain't football, boxing ain't baseball, boxing is not some sport where the score can get run up on you and everyone is still safe and sound albeit demoralized. Sometimes you get in there and you're in well over your head and you just get hammered and in boxing or any other combat sport that can be very dangerous it's why fighters making their professional debut typically don't get title shots or fight seasoned veterans of the professional game.

That said I believe there's a difference in Khan and White. White was a young 13 fight professional whereas Khan was a veteran 32 year old with 37 professional bouts. White was in the deep end vs a then hot young prospect Anthony Peterson and Khan was in a TITLE FIGHT he should have been fully prepared for. White had every opportunity to take a knee and leave it like that and just say "Hell you sure did beat my ass, maybe I'll get you back after I fix my training to compete at that level" but Khan should have been better prepared and to go out on yeah it was a low blow, but hell from the first round he looked out of his depth and never looked like competing he's 32 it's now or never for titles for a legacy....he came up well short and quitting in that scenario looks worse in my view.

The funny thing is I looked up White's career...shortly after getting hammered by Peterson he fought JC Jr who obviously picked him because AP had such an easy night with him.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Sometimes as a fighter (for the overwhelming 99.9999999% of boxers out there) you're going to get outclassed and sometimes brutally so. Boxing ain't football, boxing ain't baseball, boxing is not some sport where the score can get run up on you and everyone is still safe and sound albeit demoralized. Sometimes you get in there and you're in well over your head and you just get hammered and in boxing or any other combat sport that can be very dangerous it's why fighters making their professional debut typically don't get title shots or fight seasoned veterans of the professional game.

That said I believe there's a difference in Khan and White. White was a young 13 fight professional whereas Khan was a veteran 32 year old with 37 professional bouts. White was in the deep end vs a then hot young prospect Anthony Peterson and Khan was in a TITLE FIGHT he should have been fully prepared for. White had every opportunity to take a knee and leave it like that and just say "Hell you sure did beat my ass, maybe I'll get you back after I fix my training to compete at that level" but Khan should have been better prepared and to go out on yeah it was a low blow, but hell from the first round he looked out of his depth and never looked like competing he's 32 it's now or never for titles for a legacy....he came up well short and quitting in that scenario looks worse in my view.

The funny thing is I looked up White's career...shortly after getting hammered by Peterson he fought JC Jr who obviously picked him because AP had such an easy night with him.
    True, True and True.

On the flip side it seems as if Khan's corner was ready to quit with him, knowing he has some skills, as you stated, a vet.... while White's corner asked the jack-most stupid azz question; You aint got another round in you?
    He did at the onset, but within 3 rounds he got all 10 rounds beat out of him.

james16million Guest

hard one but i respect all of them for trying in the first place.
    not many have the guts to step in the ring

james16million Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You don't have to be knocked unconscious or even have your bell completely rung to stay down when you're down. Just stay down, take the L and shake the winner's hand.

that is 100% correct my friend

Thread Information