1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Forgot to say. Respect to @Dark Lord Al for trusting his instincts and backing the underdog. I expect that comes from being around boxing a long time. I could not have spotted it in a month of Sundays.
    May go out to celebrate today
    Theresa May will not be celebrating any time soon.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Forgot to say. Respect to @Dark Lord Al for trusting his instincts and backing the underdog. I expect that comes from being around boxing a long time. I could not have spotted it in a month of Sundays.
    May go out to celebrate today
    Theresa May will not be celebrating any time soon.
    She can always fall back on her panto skills as the witch.
    Or Skeletor
    Attached Images
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ's not overrated. Most of the guys who AJ has beaten I'd STRONGLY fancy to beat Ruiz (Whyte, Wlad, Povetkin even Brezeale and Parker who AJ beat has already beat Ruiz albeit in a close fight)

Everyone is jumping on the "He ain't sh*t" bandwagon.

He just had a bad day in office and went into a new territory unprepared with so much pressure on his shoulders. He needs to shake things up, be his normal mean self and throw the humble/nice guy in the bushes.

AJ is a guy who struggles with short fighters, Ruiz is the most terrible match up you can put infront of him.

He's a good role model for achieving so much 10 years after picking up the gloves.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn worryingly reveals Anthony Joshua ‘doesn’t remember anything after the third round’ from Andy Ruiz Jr loss

The former unified heavyweight world champion was knocked down four times against Andy Ruiz Jr at Madison Square Garden and it seems like it's had a lasting effect

It’s been a week since Anthony Joshua surrendered his world titles to Andy Ruiz Jr at Madison Square Garden in one of the biggest shocks in boxing history.

Joshua was stopped in the seventh round after being put down four times by the Mexican-American; twice in the third round and twice in the seventh.

The 29-year-old Brit had put Ruiz down in the third, but after steaming in to finish the job once Ruiz answered the count, he got caught with a nasty right hook behind his right ear.

That did all kinds of damage to Joshua that he never recovered from and his promoter Eddie Hearn has revealed the Watford-born star doesn’t remember anything after the third round from that loss.

Hearn gave an update on Joshua’s well-being after the former champ was housebound on doctor’s orders for the early part of the week, telling DAZN: “The doctors didn’t tell us anything major. He doesn’t remember anything from the third round.

“In fact, he has taken a little bit of positivity from the fact he managed to go four more rounds after that because he said his senses weren’t there.

“He got clipped with a shot round the side of the head and didn’t really recover. He got up four times, even with the stoppage at the end, it was 100 percent the right stoppage.

“But at the end, we were watching it last night, he goes yes I can continue, goes to walk forward and the referee just nudges him and then he goes back on the ropes and then he stops it. I’m actually glad he did because Anthony would have kept going all night.”

Joshua has already invoked his rematch clause with Ruiz Jr and the clash is set to take place in the UK in either October or November.

That’s despite Ruiz Jr believing he can have the fight moved to Mexico or America and he can earn mega money being the champion in this fight.

Contracts are contracts, after all.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...-ruiz-jr-loss/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This short video interview with Johnny Nelson will age well. Shortly after the Ruiz-Joshua fight was announced.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    This short video interview with Johnny Nelson will age well. Shortly after the Ruiz-Joshua fight was announced.

Over time I've learned that even with a supposed 'sure' thing, there will always be someone who says maybe 'not' so sure.

Even Tyson Douglass found a Nelson in that fight. One bettor had placed $1,500 on Douglas at 38-to-1 for a $57,000 payday.” Now was this guy for real? or just had money to burn. I dunno.

What I take from Nelson is relative to a one fight scenario. He's not claiming Ruiz is going to keep shocking the world, rather how AJ has to stay focus and not let Andy's full blown belly deter him.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone can be a contrarian, however Nelson has been on tv for years as a pundit and boxer.
    He was also able to give reasons why, not just simply stating a one sentence opinion.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Anyone can be a contrarian, however Nelson has been on tv for years as a pundit and boxer.
    He was also able to give reasons why, not just simply stating a one sentence opinion.
    True. meant no disrespect.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is, he could simply have been bigging up a fight for sky, knowing he had to work extra hard to get people to buy into a "butterbean" type of opponent.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz is getting ten million for this fight. I would have told Joshua people to go suck it. He could fight Tyson Fury for double that.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Ruiz is getting ten million for this fight. I would have told Joshua people to go suck it. He could fight Tyson Fury for double that.
    But a year ago he was broke and wanted to quit the sport. Top Rank business

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Champ got to meet the President of Mexico. Seems to be taking the new media lime light pretty well staying humble.

Thread Information