Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog View Post
    Maybe he got a slight concussion when he got hit in the temple. He never really had it after thst
    You could be right, he wasn't slurring his words or anything but in the post fight and when the ref stopped it he was resembling a happy drunk :S he didn't really seem with it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Heart of a lion, stamina of a sloth. Wilder has to be a massive favourite now. Once Joshua takes a big punch his legs are on borrowed time. Wilder won't even have to catch him properly to have him rocking.
    I think so too. Joshua's legs go and he takes a long time to get them back and Wilder likely hits harder and can turn up the windmill anytime.

Wilder gets stick for losing rounds, but he has never lost rounds like Joshua did here. This was a young Wlad style stomp down.

It made me dream of a 36 year old Toney being back out there.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching that, I greatly underestimated ruiz, I hope p4pming(or whatever name he's logged in as) / ykkkkkfskamis and anyone else who thought ruiz could/would win, has a good laugh at my awful predictions that I made here, weird stoppage but he did great and won well...

I would also make usyk a favourite over Joshua.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Hearn bit of a condescending prick. 'He'll believe he can win the rematch' . This wasn't a one punch, he broke AJ down. Very surprised. Sure he's American and hell yeah..but fuck that's shocking.
    I'm guessing his mouth was on autopilot there. He's got to be devastated about this. Joshua now looks eminently beatable. Fury and Wilder look to be the men in the division now. I'd pick both of them over Joshua now although I had Fury beating him before this fight anyway.
    I'll take Wilder v Ruiz if I'm honest and wouldn't write him off now. Joshua proved pretty mechanical in reactions but he's at the bottom of the 4 for me

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn bit of a condescending prick. 'He'll believe he can win the rematch' . This wasn't a one punch, he broke AJ down. Very surprised. Sure he's American and hell yeah..but fuck that's shocking.
    I'm guessing his mouth was on autopilot there. He's got to be devastated about this. Joshua now looks eminently beatable. Fury and Wilder look to be the men in the division now. I'd pick both of them over Joshua now although I had Fury beating him before this fight anyway.
    I'll take Wilder v Ruiz if I'm honest and wouldn't write him off now. Joshua proved pretty mechanical in reactions but he's at the bottom of the 4 for me
    oshua will not fancy the rematch. Ruiz will be in better shape (that's the wrong word for Ruiz but you know what I mean) and he goes in knowing he can win. Joshua will be terrified to throw a punch and Ruiz will be waiting to counter anything he throws. Even if Joshua wins every heavyweight out there will be wanting a chance to crack that chin.
    J

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog View Post
    He seemed really out of it mentally as if he lost his spirit
    Almost Victor Ortiz-like.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oshua will not fancy the rematch. Ruiz will be in better shape (that's the wrong word for Ruiz but you know what I mean) and he goes in knowing he can win. Joshua will be terrified to throw a punch and Ruiz will be waiting to counter anything he throws. Even if Joshua wins every heavyweight out there will be wanting a chance to crack that chin.
    J
    That chin and he hesitates a lot. Really was on display here, didn't expect a bit of reluctance with Ruiz pressing him back all night.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua did win rounds there though and in a rematch and chosen ref who won't let Ruiz work and an octopus game plan they might be able to do something. Plus the judges here seemed a bit iffy too. I would want Ruiz to win, but you never know. Joshua did make very poor mistakes here especially after the first KD and that is something that can be worked on. Distance, jab to body, movement, but Ruiz will stalk him and once those hands flow, you never know.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was kind of waiting for an legitimate excuse from AJ. Every body shot looked like it really hurt him. He never recovered from the third round and was gassed. I guess he just legitimately lost. I try not to read too much into one loss but he was not impressive tonight

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

J
    That chin and he hesitates a lot. Really was on display here, didn't expect a bit of reluctance with Ruiz pressing him back all night.
    He's going to hesitate a lot more now. He's going to fight like Klitschko from now on, he's never going to have confidence in his chin again. Wasn't it Sultan Ibragimov that Klitschko fought in New York and it was the most boring fight ever? The rematch will look like that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Joshua did win rounds there though and in a rematch and chosen ref who won't let Ruiz work and an octopus game plan they might be able to do something. Plus the judges here seemed a bit iffy too. I would want Ruiz to win, but you never know. Joshua did make very poor mistakes here especially after the first KD and that is something that can be worked on. Distance, jab to body, movement, but Ruiz will stalk him and once those hands flow, you never know.
    Joshua won't give him any free shots in a rematch. We know he can do twelve rounds when he hasn't been clocked. Might easily be a twelve round borefest with the little fat guy throwing hooks that miss by a mile at the plodding jabber.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What you can't work on is being completely fucked up by a punch to the head to the point where you gradually disintegrate and can't last the pace even if you do recover. And you can't prevent that eating away at you mentally day after day for the rest of your career.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua won't give him any free shots in a rematch. We know he can do twelve rounds when he hasn't been clocked. Might easily be a twelve round borefest with the little fat guy throwing hooks that miss by a mile at the plodding jabber.
    If anything Ruiz showed he can force the exchanges and it'll be more up to Joshua to set down, mentally and otherwise, on the right hand and know they're coming back. Ruiz did pretty good at getting small inside with quick shots and got Joshua rolling straight back standing tall for the longer stuff.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Ruiz can do it again, but there were a lot of things Joshua did wrong and mostly after the KD. He seemed to be fine until then. With a reach advantage alone all he has to do is bore with the jab and really dig in for clinches if Ruiz gets close. That worked at times here. But once he gets tagged and that is likely, then the same pattern likely returns. Joshua messed up big here. It makes the division far more interesting though.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I will be having a flutter on Ruiz if he is long odds.
    Bet365 has ruis 125/1 for the first 2 rounds then 150/1 thereafter. The combination round odds don't work out maths wise as good value, so I just had a £ a round.
    18/1 Ruiz by ko , hmm may go for a late win at those odds.
    Ruiz does have a good chin and engine £20 on that isn't a bad flutter.
    Ruiz doesn’t have great power though. I just think that there’s no way Ruiz wins. I don’t see the knockout and even if he bests AJ, he won’t get the decision
    Good odds are not reason for bad bets.

Thankyou for the advice ron . lol
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information