Lot of people saying this is on for June 1st

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Ruiz

Ruiz is a good boxer, better than most, better than Miller, better than Whyte or Wilder. He just doesn't have the clump, size, chemist or gob of those lot.

It would get shit on of course. The same people who shit on this fight are the same that shit on Parker because he lost to Ruiz. Go figure. AJ cantered past Parker to be fair. AJ would need to lose a limb mid fight to give Ruiz a sniff. Even then he probably hops to an easy decision.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon the logic behind a possible Ruiz fight is that he's a Mexican and DAZN (since signing with them) bagging Canelo has seen a load of Mexican fans signing up.
    You'd think Sky Sports in the UK would now offer this as a freebie and drop the PPV.
    It's a shame AJs US debut has now become a laughing stock.
    The only available opponent that could rescue the night is Ortiz.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly, this is just about the best fight he could make on short notice. I would prefer Ortiz, but he would have to pass drug tests too.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's hard top knock Joshua for picking Ruiz Jr and I think skill wise it's a step up from Miller honestly. I tend to give Miller the plus in 'durability' but that's really based on being the size of a red wood tree. Have the feeling Ruiz will have to worry more about his face/flesh failing but he's a more accurate faster puncher than Miller. Be interesting to see if all the alphabet soup groups co sign as a defense as Ruiz for whatever reason is not ranked in any top 10. 11th in wba but then again we're talking about a group that had BJ Flores fighting for a trinket. It's a good fight. The shine shouldn't be taken off because Miller chooses to eat a buffet of banned shat on two occasions that we know of. I'm more ticked that they have Yafai on the card in a prime spot .

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Ruiz could make that in under 7 weeks... And I am not a fan of Michael Hunter taking it now either. Why would you want o jump into the wing with a fighter- let alone the champ- like Anthony Joshua UNLESS you have been ready for it like Dillian Whyte seems to be ready all the time for AJ.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing news: Anthony Joshua opponent LEAKED? Promotional poster uploaded to social media

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...-Andy-Ruiz-Jnr

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn was right about Ruiz, he said the American's will be happy but the casual Brits will hate it as Ruiz is a fat, Latino midget.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz needs to be on a table with a apple in his mouth. This fight should not go pass 5. Easy win for AJ.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Props to AJ, this is a pretty good replacement

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its as good a replacement as we were possibly going to get. I would bet Ortiz turned it down because he thought he couldnt have passed a drug test more than anything else, he has been 39 for 8 years and wont make half as much money the rest of his career. I dont believe he was scared of the fight as much as he knew it would get cancelled due to his failing a test anyways. Michael Hunter would have been on par at best, but he didnt want it on short notice and thats fair enough. Hes still young, new to HW, and if he continues to have success he could get the same chance down the line. I was surprised to see Ruiz is just 29, seems like hes been around forever. I think he might have some good moments but as most do, feel he just doesnt have the size, power, or physicality to win.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suspect that the reason it is very difficult to get a credible heavyweight fighter in as a last minute replacement is because nearly all of them would be at the wrong point of their PED cycle ......
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

know nothing about him but record looks OK - was a bit concerned as I saw his photo before his record
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    know nothing about him but record looks OK - was a bit concerned as I saw his photo before his record
    Ruiz fought recently when Khan fought Crawford. Had I known he was going to be AJ's next opponent I would have paid more attention to the fight. As it was the contest was not good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy Ruiz Jr 'agrees terms' to fight Anthony Joshua on June 1

Anthony Joshua is set to face Andy Ruiz Jr. after the American heavyweight was drafted in to replace Jarrell Miller for the June 1 bout in New York.

Ruiz steps in to face the unified World Heavyweight champion after Miller failed three drug tests in the build up to the Madison Square Garden fight.

The 29-year-old has reportedly agreed terms, with the fight set to be announced on Tuesday.

Promoter Eddie Hearn talked up Ruiz as a credible opponent for Joshua.

“People who know boxing, everything I’ve seen on social media says this is a tougher fight than Jarrell Miller,” Hearn told Fighthype.com. “Andy’s got quicker hands and punches harder.”

“I want someone who comes to fight, I don’t want someone who comes in a bit scared, one or two rounds and it’s over,” he added.

"He will entertain you, give it his all. Even if it means getting sensationally knocked out, he will rather do that than not do it.

“It’s not done yet, I’d say terms have been agreed, but there’s a few things that need to be ironed out in the contract.“

Ruiz has an impressive 32-1-0 with his one professional defeat coming in his only World title fight in December 2016.

Fighting Joseph Parker for the vacant WBO title vacated by Tyson Fury, Ruiz lost to the New Zealander by majority decision.

Parker then went on to drop the belt in a points loss to Joshua in their fight last spring.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/and...085507508.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information