Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Strange News Thread

German pigeon flashed by German camera goes viral

It was a quiet afternoon in Bocholt in western Germany when a pigeon broke the calm and the speed limit, flying down a residential street at 45km/h (28mph) in a 30km/h zone.

A mobile speed camera flashed as soon as the pigeon flew past.

Authorities in the town, a short distance from the Dutch border, published the picture last week, and it has since gone viral.

Under normal circumstances the penalty for speeding would be €25 (£21;$2.

The town said that even with a 3km/h margin allowed in speeding cases, the pigeon had been going 12km/h too fast and was "on a collision course with vehicles and pedestrians".

One local said it was clearly a racing pigeon, while another suggested an appropriate punishment would be community service as a carrier pigeon.
    The Bocholt Facebook page said philosophically: "Whether and, above all, how the fast bird can and will pay its €25 on-the-spot fine remains to be seen."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48198755
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep. This one definitely makes the cut.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/be...f1ba16bb8fe152

Two patients contract HIV from ‘vampire facial’

Ok let me get this straight. Some people (mostly women I gather) purposely go some place where they subject themselves to considerable pain, where needles are repeatedly stuck in their faces to draw blood (like a tattoo, only more savage). This blood is then centrifuged and injected back into their faces, all in the name of beauty or less aging, or some shit like that. In the process, a couple of people have contracted HIV.

Hmm... I know this is the Strange News Thread, but there should be an offshoot called the Stupid Things People Do Thread. What in the name of f*ck are people going to come up with next?

El Kabong Guest

Twitter Blacklists Famed Gender Dysphoria Researcher Ray Blanchard
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ray-blanchard/
    Blanchard’s single censored Tweet — marked in bold below — was part of a series in which Blanchard explained his “thoughts on gender dysphoria and its management in a few sentences.” Twitter blocked it as supposed “hateful conduct”:

Earlier today I wrote this thread in response to a follower who asked me, “What is your actual position on transgender people?” It looks like my reply has not been delivered to a single person besides the original inquirer, so I am reposting it here.
    My beliefs include the following 6 elements: (1) Transsexualism and milder forms of gender dysphoria are types of mental disorder, which may leave the individual with average or even above-average functioning in unrelated areas of life.
    (2) Sex change surgery is still the best treatment for carefully screened, adult patients, whose gender dysphoria has proven resistant to other forms of treatment.
    (3) Sex change surgery should not be considered for any patient until that patient has reached the age of 21 years and has lived for at least two years in the desired gender role.
    (4) Gender dysphoria is not a sexual orientation, but it is virtually always preceded or accompanied by an atypical sexual orientation – in males, either homosexuality (sexual arousal by members of one’s own biological sex) . . .
    or autogynephilia (sexual arousal at the thought or image of oneself as a female).
    (5) There are two main types of gender dysphoria in males, one associated with homosexuality and one associated with autogynephilia. Traditionally, the great bulk of female-to-male transsexuals has been homosexual in erotic object choice.(6) The sex of a postoperative transsexual should be analogous to a legal fiction. This legal fiction would apply to some things (e.g., sex designation on a driver’s license) but not to others (entering a sports competition as one’s adopted sex).

El Kabong Guest

Stephen Fry was attacked for using the OK hand gesture ....Why? Because people apparently long for the days of Robespierre, Trotsky, Stalin, the Stasi, Witch Hunts, The Inquisition, etc.....the mob will attack anyONE for anyTHING and in this case they picked the wrong dude. Stephen Fry dragged them for it, righteously and rightfully so!

The OK hand sign, the 'It's OK to be white' signs, "Free Bleeding", etc are 4chan trolls of the rabid Social Justice mob who blindly attack without reason and without fail. They always take the bait, they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take the bait.

Stop reacting and start THINKING people

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Stephen Fry was attacked for using the OK hand gesture ....Why? Because people apparently long for the days of Robespierre, Trotsky, Stalin, the Stasi, Witch Hunts, The Inquisition, etc.....the mob will attack anyONE for anyTHING and in this case they picked the wrong dude. Stephen Fry dragged them for it, righteously and rightfully so!

The OK hand sign, the 'It's OK to be white' signs, "Free Bleeding", etc are 4chan trolls of the rabid Social Justice mob who blindly attack without reason and without fail. They always take the bait, they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take the bait.

Stop reacting and start THINKING people

The OK hand sign is what..... hundreds of years old? It's also a useful diving signal, used universally. Of course there are cultures where its use has never been viewed as a positive thing... but those are the things you become familiar with when you travel abroad.

Now all of a sudden someone with loads of time on their hands and three molecules of gray matter between the ears came up with this White Supremacy prank... and all the predictable reactions, overreactions, and reactions to the reactions have let loose. Is anyone surprised that like a kindergarten class, a group of society would become immediately polarized? The bleeding heart PC slugs latching onto this new, suddenly "offensive" sign....... and the bullying idiots who then gleefully use it to get a reaction out of the former group. Romper room at its worst.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a brilliant, honest and refreshing interview that you do not often get in life.

Nick Kyrgios brands Rafael Nadal 'salty' & Novak Djokovic 'cringeworthy' in podcast

He's never been one to hold back and now Nick Kyrgios has unleashed a volley of criticism against some of his fellow professionals in an unfiltered interview.

Speaking on the 'No Challenges Remaining' podcast, the 24-year-old branded Rafael Nadal "super salty" and called Novak Djokovic "cringeworthy".

In the 50-minute interview, Kyrgios called Roger Federer the "greatest of all time" but had less warm words for the Swiss' great rival Nadal.

"He's my polar opposite. Literally my polar opposite," Kyrgios said. "And he's super salty.

"When he wins it's fine, he won't say anything bad, he'll credit the opponent - 'he competed well today, he's a great player' - but then as soon as I beat him, it's just like 'he has no respect for me, my fans and no respect to the game'. I'm like 'what are you talking about? I literally played this way that I beat you the other previous times and nothing changed'.

"It's not a good look. And then Uncle Toni [Nadal's coach] came out saying 'he lacks education'. I'm like 'I did 12 years at school, you idiot. I'm very educated. I understand that you're upset I beat your family again'."

The contents of the podcast interview became public on Thursday, the same day Kyrgios was defaulted from the Italian Open after throwing a chair on to the court and walking off.

He was docked a game by the umpire for unsportsmanlike conduct, and as Kyrgios packed his bags and left, the umpire awarded the match to Norway's Casper Ruud early in the deciding set.

Kyrgios on Fernando Verdasco:

"Verdasco drives me nuts, man. It gets me so vexed, I'm like angry now that I just hear that name. He's the most arrogant person ever. He doesn't say hello, he thinks he's so good, he thinks he's God's gift. Dude, your backhand's pretty average and let's be honest, you hit a ball over a net.

"Guys like that, they drive me insane. There's no humility there, there's no perspective. It's just like 'I'm here, I'm so cool, I'm unbelievable because I hit a ball over the net. Do this for me, do this for me, I won't say hello to you, I'm too important'.

"Guys like that. See how angry I'm getting? It kills me."

Kyrgios on Novak Djokovic

"I just feel like he has a sick obsession with wanting to be liked. He just wants to be like Roger.

"For me personally, I don't care right now, I've come this far, I feel like he just wants to be liked so much that I just can't stand him.

"This whole celebration thing that he does after matches, it's like so cringeworthy. It's very cringeworthy.

"But he is a champion of the sport, one of the greatest you'll see.

"Djokjovic just rubs me the wrong way, always says what feels like he needs to say and never speaks his opinion."

Kyrgios on Andy Murray:

"I feel like his record against Djokovic is embarrassing, I've told him! I just feel like he's so much better than Novak, I've played them both, and I feel like Andy Murray returns better, he's harder to play against, I feel like his serve's better... I've told him 'you should have won so many more Grand Slams'.

"With Murray, he would have ticked all the boxes, it's just sad, it sucks not seeing him around here, in the locker room he was the best, always having bants and everybody was super friendly with him but he also had an opinion of some people too and he wasn't afraid to say things as well which I liked. He was just a lot of fun and I think the sport lost a good one there."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/48293200

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kyrgios should stop beating around the bush and say what he really thinks.

El Kabong Guest

Obese transgender man, 32, admitted to hospital with stomach pains turns out to be pregnant, in labor, and delivering a stillbirth
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...r-notions.html

Experts say the tragic case, described in Wednesday's New England Journal of Medicine, could have been avoided if nurses had taken his case more seriously.

The case points to larger issues about assigning labels or making assumptions in a society increasingly confronting gender variations in sports, entertainment and government.

In medicine, there's a similar danger of missing diseases such as sickle cell and cystic fibrosis that largely affect specific racial groups, the authors write.

'The point is not what's happened to this particular individual but this is an example of what happens to transgender people interacting with the health care system,' said the lead author, Dr Daphna Stroumsa of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.

'He was rightly classified as a man' in the medical records and appears masculine, Stroumsa said. 'But that classification threw us off from considering his actual medical needs.'

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really news but proof that life is strange

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...skin-oils.html
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Not really news but proof that life is strange

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...skin-oils.html

So if you suck your wife's nipples you get a mouth full of bugs ?
    Collateral damage.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overcrowding kills: Mountaineers request Nepal to limit permits for Mount Everest hike

The demand by the Akhil Maharashtra Giryarohan Mahasangh (AMGM), the apex body of mountaineers’ organisations in the country, came in the wake of deaths of eight Indian climbers due to reported “overcrowding” at the world’s highest peak.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/stor...078-2019-05-27

El Kabong Guest

Well it seems like forever ago that Gillette gave us "The Best Men Can Be" ad the only problem was....it wasn't woke enough

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh FFS..... they're just trying to sell razors.

Ok, how's this?

(Man appears on screen holding a Gillette razor)

Man: "Buy Gillette razors. They're the best in the market. Best value for your money."

(Man walks off stage..... end of commercial)

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ad.php?t=54791

Women face trial for staged motel tryst ending with glued penis
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's one. How'd you like to swim in THIS pool?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...id=mailsignout

"People can't figure out how to get in and out of this stunning London infinity pool"

Here's ONE way to get out. I wouldn't recommend it though.

You could probably skip to about 5 minutes into the video.

Thread Information