Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  55
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 94

Thread: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

Share/Bookmark
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,306
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Wilder will fight Joshua when he gets paid, 120 million isn't enough. That's nice to know.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,353
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Shows you that Wilder can match anything Joshua is willing to put up. I don't really see the need for Ortiz 2. It was a close fight, but the KO was decisive. I can see Wilder just getting it done earlier. He needs to fight new opponents. Only Fury is worth a rematch but Fury seems to be adverse to it and I cannot blame him considering the end. I think Wilder at this point is the most exciting of the HW's.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,252
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1598
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Certainly the pendulum is starting to swing a little bit isn't it.

    Used to be Wilder hadn't fought anybody. Well... he's slowly working on that isn't he.

    Seems Wladimir was the only entry on AJ's resume his fans needed to mention to cancel out anything Wilder had done. Who's AJ fighting next again? And who has he fought lately? Just askin'

    Argument was Wilder was fighting in front of 5,000 people in the backwoods of Alabama. Seems he's slowly warming up to the U.S. heavyweight fandom consciousness isn't he. I mean... unless a screaming sold-out Barclays Center is still unworthy.




    Time for a disclaimer here. Not a die-hard Wilder fan, nor an AJ hater. Just putting things into a little perspective. Old habits die hard... and it seems die-hard AJ fans will continue dredging up all the reasons as to why Wilder is not worthy.

    But......... shhhhhh....... does anybody else sense the pendulum starting to swing a little bit?



    Point is, my boxing friends..... that throne is getting just a bit heated..... and it's gonna take a little more than the previous Eddie Hearn theatrics to convince fans that AJ really wants to fight Wilder and it's Wilder holding up the works.

    Wanna make it about number of belts? Sure..... ok. AJ has the most number of trinkets. If that's the argument.... we have nothing to talk about.




    That drunken giraffe just steamrollered his mandatory. AJ's leftovers? Great...... let's sit down and talk about it.

    All I know is the excuses will start slowly vanishing one by one like so many slammed doors.

    While we're at it....... Tyson Fury is a f*cking pussy for denying boxing fans of a rematch the whole world wanted to see.

    Saying you actually won a fight that was called a draw and then running for the hills looks chicken-shit, whether a big contract was involved or not. There....... I finally said it.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,306
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Nothing like a KO to get the casuals gassed

    So Deontay knocks out a Joshua victim faster than him and that means..... what about the other common opponents? All of whom Joshua knocked out faster than Wilder?

    "It took Joshua 7 rounds" - the retards are having a field day (listening to TBV)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1098
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Nothing like a KO to get the casuals gassed So Deontay knocks out a Joshua victim faster than him and that means..... what about the other common opponents? All of whom Joshua knocked out faster than Wilder? "It took Joshua 7 rounds" - the retards are having a field day (listening to TBV)
    I am a Joshua fan and I have been convinced for a while that Wilder hits harder than Joshua. He hits very very hard. He may be the hardest puncher in heavyweight history. He’s also scum. He could very well KO AJ as well. He could get KOd too. Fight needs to happen.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,252
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1598
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Oh no no... hell no. Joshua should remain on his throne. Wait till Wilder is worthy of a shot. Forget selling out Barclay Center and the U.S. boxing public starting to warm up to Wilder.

    Joshua beat Klitschko. That trumps anything Wilder's ever done, and damn it..... it should be milked for everything it's worth.

    Meanwhile, let the King feast on the Ruizes of the world.




    (Only thing worse than a "casual" is blind fandom).

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,787
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1100
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    But the KO is what Wilder brings. It certainly isn't fundamental technique! He is exciting, simply because you know he's going to do his damndest to KO the other guy, but his wounded giraffe impression makes him seem vulnerable. I think one variable associated with Wilder that hasn't been fully tested is heart. He's shown it to some degree with Ortiz, but can he get up to land his equalizer? This makes for good drama, especially given his power. He's interesting precisely because his fundamentals are so lacking, yet has had little apparent need for them (with a few obvious exceptions). He exemplifies why boxing is such an interesting sport - which attributes obviate others, and in which combination?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,306
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Nothing like a KO to get the casuals gassed So Deontay knocks out a Joshua victim faster than him and that means..... what about the other common opponents? All of whom Joshua knocked out faster than Wilder? "It took Joshua 7 rounds" - the retards are having a field day (listening to TBV)
    I am a Joshua fan and I have been convinced for a while that Wilder hits harder than Joshua. He hits very very hard. He may be the hardest puncher in heavyweight history. He’s also scum. He could very well KO AJ as well. He could get KOd too. Fight needs to happen.
    Agree.

    Wilder has tremendous explosive power, more explosive in a single shot than Joshua or anyone else.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,811
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    610
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    That's quite impressive, I don't rate brezeale that highly at all, I predict him to lose every fight but the git is big and tough and can take a punch and then come back with some good power. Pretty impressive to put that guy flat on his back with one punch.... I also don't by think Wilder is that good(apart from his pretty amazing power) but he's pretty funny to watch when he gets in one of his weird moods, good for him.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,252
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1598
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post
    But the KO is what Wilder brings. It certainly isn't fundamental technique! He is exciting, simply because you know he's going to do his damndest to KO the other guy, but his wounded giraffe impression makes him seem vulnerable. I think one variable associated with Wilder that hasn't been fully tested is heart. He's shown it to some degree with Ortiz, but can he get up to land his equalizer? This makes for good drama, especially given his power. He's interesting precisely because his fundamentals are so lacking, yet has had little apparent need for them (with a few obvious exceptions). He exemplifies why boxing is such an interesting sport - which attributes obviate others, and in which combination?


    I get you b. But Wilder's lack of fundamental techniques have become so cemented into people's heads that it's become the immediate go-to argument. Yet I only saw one truly amateurish looking punch in tonight's fight. Albeit a very short fight... but still. Wilder's jab is strong and purposeful. Save for one missed right hand, the other ones were fairly straight. I'd say let's ask Breazeale, but he's probably still wondering when the fight's gonna happen. Yes.... Wilder gets excited when he hurts a guy and that got him a good counter tonight for his troubles. But the final KO punch was nicely thrown.

    Just goes to show how tough it is to shake a perception that has become ingrained in people's minds.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,353
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Nothing like a KO to get the casuals gassed

    So Deontay knocks out a Joshua victim faster than him and that means..... what about the other common opponents? All of whom Joshua knocked out faster than Wilder?

    "It took Joshua 7 rounds" - the retards are having a field day (listening to TBV)
    It is what the fans wanted to see, it is what I suggested Wilder needed to do, and he has gone and done it. Next opponent please. Oh, and nobody died.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,306
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    I'm listening to fans say this KO proves he beat Fury.

    Deontay is George Foreman, Earnie Shavers, Mike Tyson rolled into one.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,787
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1100
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post
    But the KO is what Wilder brings. It certainly isn't fundamental technique! He is exciting, simply because you know he's going to do his damndest to KO the other guy, but his wounded giraffe impression makes him seem vulnerable. I think one variable associated with Wilder that hasn't been fully tested is heart. He's shown it to some degree with Ortiz, but can he get up to land his equalizer? This makes for good drama, especially given his power. He's interesting precisely because his fundamentals are so lacking, yet has had little apparent need for them (with a few obvious exceptions). He exemplifies why boxing is such an interesting sport - which attributes obviate others, and in which combination?


    I get you b. But Wilder's lack of fundamental techniques have become so cemented into people's heads that it's become the immediate go-to argument. Yet I only saw one truly amateurish looking punch in tonight's fight. Albeit a very short fight... but still. Wilder's jab is strong and purposeful. Save for one missed right hand, the other ones were fairly straight. I'd say let's ask Breazeale, but he's probably still wondering when the fight's gonna happen. Yes.... Wilder gets excited when he hurts a guy and that got him a good counter tonight for his troubles. But the final KO punch was nicely thrown.

    Just goes to show how tough it is to shake a perception that has become ingrained in people's minds.
    I think it's fair to say he has shown improvement. I think it's also fair to say we'll never describe Wilder's fundamentals as textbook. Either way, his power equates to getting the job done in almost every fight he's been in.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,112
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    333
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    Well placed & timed. Just a picture perfect KO.

    That right hand is why Fury claimed he deserved the win, but given the chance to prove with a rematch, he opts out.

    Is the HW division really full of saps that Wilder fights & gr8's that Wilder avoids at the same time? Or is it an adjusted argument after Wilder beats 'em?

    When he loses he'll be called out as finally being exposed. For me though a loss is never the end. It's a loss.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,455
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

    If AJ had the balls to get in the ring with Wilder he would beat him. Sure Wilder has power but he is fundamentally a flawed boxer and AJ would knock him out.Eddie should pay Wilder what he wants and AJ will do the rest and take the title and shut up Wilder.

    Otherwise Fury will beat Wilder.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-29-2019, 06:30 PM
  2. Fight night - Sky Sports Main Event 7pm - 23/03/2019
    By Batman in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-27-2019, 04:09 PM
  3. DOMINIC BREAZEALE- One tough guy!
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-12-2017, 03:21 PM
  4. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-07-2017, 06:47 PM
  5. Replies: 129
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 08:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing