530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm glad we have you to tell us what splits Joshua and Wilder should take.
    I didn’t say what splits they should take. I said maybe he deserves one, maybe he doesn’t and I said another split sounded right. At no point did I say anyone should take anything. But it’s okay, you don’t have to be accurate.

So glad you're ok with that. What other splits "sound right" to you?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Oh no no... hell no. Joshua should remain on his throne. Wait till Wilder is worthy of a shot. Forget selling out Barclay Center and the U.S. boxing public starting to warm up to Wilder.

Joshua beat Klitschko. That trumps anything Wilder's ever done, and damn it..... it should be milked for everything it's worth.

Meanwhile, let the King feast on the Ruizes of the world.

(Only thing worse than a "casual" is blind fandom).
    That is just you making an argument I don't see anyone making on behalf of Joshua in order to justify Wilder milking (or being used to milk) the type of people that are now blaming Joshua for not facing a multiple drug cheat. When Wilder supposedly surpasses AJ's resume for knocking out someone Joshua fought many moons ago, and Joshua does not even get credit for staying busier and (including fighting the drug cheats like Povetkin Wilder still hasn't faced) offering Wilder 100 million, then the only blind fandom being employed is by those thinking a first round knockout is a benchmark that trumps anything else.

I started by saying that "the pendulum was starting to swing". But predictably, Wilder haters (and blind Joshua fans) are unwilling to give an inch in their now stale stance, that Wilder hasn't fought anybody.... that Wilder doesn't draw.... that Wilder lacks fundamentals.... in short, that Wilder isn't worthy. I wasn't "blaming" Joshua for anything, merely taking a poke at the decomposed argument that Joshua and his unlikable promoter could sit back and make a mockery of negotiations with Wilder. Not any more. You're the one inventing an argument about a first round knockout. Not me. Still..... I expected a stronger argument from you since you're one of those blind Joshua fans/ Wilder haters. Difference being I'm neither, nor am I a Joshua hater/ Wilder fan. Makes no difference to me. In fact, I deplore Wilder talking about bodies on his record. Was happy to see him actually talking normally and toning it down after the fight.
    Why does somebody have to be a Wilder hater to not be overly impressed with him stringing a few punches together against a notoriously slow starter who still managed to tag him after getting caught early before lights out? The whole argument which you are again inventing, is not that Wilder is not worthy but rather the reverse. Other than Fury there is no heavyweight more worthy of fighting Joshua but Wilder and/or his lame team quite clearly do not want it. What more do Hearn and Joshua have to do to make you and the Wilder nut huggers see the forest for the trees? It was like Slim said 'a picture Perfect KO'. That is not the same thing as showing a big improvement for fight to fight or being able to adapt his style to different and dangerous fighters.

When you have to make up Kiltschko as being the only dangerous, difficult or tricky opponent on AJ's CV it's your own judgment that is revealed as being all about hyperbole and getting carried away because an American heavyweight showed up for the first time in years. You seem happy to call Ruiz easy meat for Joshua and yet Wilder is not held to account for avoiding the Whyte's, Povetkins etc. Go and look and see who Wilder was fighting in his first 5 years as a pro. Audley ffs

This is of course an unwinnable argument, as you are clearly a self-avowed Joshua deep-throater, and I just dislike facts being twisted to fit deep-throaters' agendas. You'll parrot the line about Wilder avoiding Joshua, just like Wilder fans will continue to chant that Joshua is the one avoiding Wilder. Frankly, I had enough of last year's soap opera to last me a lifetime. Unless you are privy to Joshua's private quarters or have some intimate knowledge about his pillow talk, you nor anyone else can 100 percent claim to know what is really going on in the minds of Joshua, Hearn, or for that matter Wilder himself. Just like another thread just started up, where a post-fight Wilder press conference is turned into yet another "Wilder is ducking Joshua" cult-like claim..... you'll go happily bounding off after that bandwagon, waving your Joshua flag.

Wilder's first opponents in his career had no bigger critic than me. THAT'S what differentiates me and you. Nuthugging, particularly in the heavyweight division, is something I've never done. You, on the other hand..... and you've probably got the calluses to prove it. I've criticized Wilder's list of opponents in the past.... I've criticized his style..... I've raked him over the coals for his idiocy while speaking sometimes. Meanwhile, you and a host of others deep-throat Joshua like there's no tomorrow. Can hardly blame you, seeing as to how British boxing is finally on the map after years of being nowhere, and the heavyweight division is THE division in boxing. I'm honestly happy for you.

Let's hope the Wilder-Joshua fight finally comes to pass, since after all his bluster Fury went running for the hills.
    You will notice I didn't actually call you a nuthugger. I am wondering if something is lost in translation here because three deep throats, pillow talk, cults and callouses seems a bit homo-erotic and unnecessary when talking about a pretty definitive conclusion to what was still just another time marking fight. You are a few years too late with British boxing being on the map, because in boxing, as in most other sports, for such a tiny island with a small population we absolutely muller you P4P, in a way that would make Wilder look like he hits like a fairy.
    - I shouldn't laugh, he'll get really angry, but the irony of this obsession with other mens goolies is funny. I'm sure it's just a translation thing
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Making this a UK vs USA thread is as little brother as a little brother can get.

Wilder told them 50/50 and he’d fight. Maybe he deserves 50, maybe he doesn’t. Make it 55/45 in favor of Joshua sounds right. But DAZN straight up wouldn’t tell Wilder what they would pay Joshua in the matchup. If anyone can tell me a multi year contract they entered or a boxer entered without all the terms then we will begin to have a case against Wilder. Since I’m rather sure everyone here knows that isn’t how boxing contracts work we have to acknowledge the guy pulling the strings at DAZN isn’t being forthcoming and thus is attempting to deceive. But we all knew this already, some just want to avoid that plain and obvious truth.
    So you accept that 50 million offer with no contract or details of Wilder's end, date, venue, anything was bogus? Fantasy? Who was deceiving then, Ron?

The only plain and obvious truth is your double standards when it comes to Al Haymon fighters. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sadly, this has the makings of another Floyd vs Pacquiao. Six years of jockeying and posturing, only to get underwhelmed in the end.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Oh no no... hell no. Joshua should remain on his throne. Wait till Wilder is worthy of a shot. Forget selling out Barclay Center and the U.S. boxing public starting to warm up to Wilder.

Joshua beat Klitschko. That trumps anything Wilder's ever done, and damn it..... it should be milked for everything it's worth.

Meanwhile, let the King feast on the Ruizes of the world.

(Only thing worse than a "casual" is blind fandom).
    That is just you making an argument I don't see anyone making on behalf of Joshua in order to justify Wilder milking (or being used to milk) the type of people that are now blaming Joshua for not facing a multiple drug cheat. When Wilder supposedly surpasses AJ's resume for knocking out someone Joshua fought many moons ago, and Joshua does not even get credit for staying busier and (including fighting the drug cheats like Povetkin Wilder still hasn't faced) offering Wilder 100 million, then the only blind fandom being employed is by those thinking a first round knockout is a benchmark that trumps anything else.

I started by saying that "the pendulum was starting to swing". But predictably, Wilder haters (and blind Joshua fans) are unwilling to give an inch in their now stale stance, that Wilder hasn't fought anybody.... that Wilder doesn't draw.... that Wilder lacks fundamentals.... in short, that Wilder isn't worthy. I wasn't "blaming" Joshua for anything, merely taking a poke at the decomposed argument that Joshua and his unlikable promoter could sit back and make a mockery of negotiations with Wilder. Not any more. You're the one inventing an argument about a first round knockout. Not me. Still..... I expected a stronger argument from you since you're one of those blind Joshua fans/ Wilder haters. Difference being I'm neither, nor am I a Joshua hater/ Wilder fan. Makes no difference to me. In fact, I deplore Wilder talking about bodies on his record. Was happy to see him actually talking normally and toning it down after the fight.
    Why does somebody have to be a Wilder hater to not be overly impressed with him stringing a few punches together against a notoriously slow starter who still managed to tag him after getting caught early before lights out? The whole argument which you are again inventing, is not that Wilder is not worthy but rather the reverse. Other than Fury there is no heavyweight more worthy of fighting Joshua but Wilder and/or his lame team quite clearly do not want it. What more do Hearn and Joshua have to do to make you and the Wilder nut huggers see the forest for the trees? It was like Slim said 'a picture Perfect KO'. That is not the same thing as showing a big improvement for fight to fight or being able to adapt his style to different and dangerous fighters.

When you have to make up Kiltschko as being the only dangerous, difficult or tricky opponent on AJ's CV it's your own judgment that is revealed as being all about hyperbole and getting carried away because an American heavyweight showed up for the first time in years. You seem happy to call Ruiz easy meat for Joshua and yet Wilder is not held to account for avoiding the Whyte's, Povetkins etc. Go and look and see who Wilder was fighting in his first 5 years as a pro. Audley ffs

This is of course an unwinnable argument, as you are clearly a self-avowed Joshua deep-throater, and I just dislike facts being twisted to fit deep-throaters' agendas. You'll parrot the line about Wilder avoiding Joshua, just like Wilder fans will continue to chant that Joshua is the one avoiding Wilder. Frankly, I had enough of last year's soap opera to last me a lifetime. Unless you are privy to Joshua's private quarters or have some intimate knowledge about his pillow talk, you nor anyone else can 100 percent claim to know what is really going on in the minds of Joshua, Hearn, or for that matter Wilder himself. Just like another thread just started up, where a post-fight Wilder press conference is turned into yet another "Wilder is ducking Joshua" cult-like claim..... you'll go happily bounding off after that bandwagon, waving your Joshua flag.

Wilder's first opponents in his career had no bigger critic than me. THAT'S what differentiates me and you. Nuthugging, particularly in the heavyweight division, is something I've never done. You, on the other hand..... and you've probably got the calluses to prove it. I've criticized Wilder's list of opponents in the past.... I've criticized his style..... I've raked him over the coals for his idiocy while speaking sometimes. Meanwhile, you and a host of others deep-throat Joshua like there's no tomorrow. Can hardly blame you, seeing as to how British boxing is finally on the map after years of being nowhere, and the heavyweight division is THE division in boxing. I'm honestly happy for you.

Let's hope the Wilder-Joshua fight finally comes to pass, since after all his bluster Fury went running for the hills.
    You will notice I didn't actually call you a nuthugger. I am wondering if something is lost in translation here because three deep throats, pillow talk, cults and callouses seems a bit homo-erotic and unnecessary when talking about a pretty definitive conclusion to what was still just another time marking fight. You are a few years too late with British boxing being on the map, because in boxing, as in most other sports, for such a tiny island with a small population we absolutely muller you P4P, in a way that would make Wilder look like he hits like a fairy.
    - I shouldn't laugh, he'll get really angry, but the irony of this obsession with other mens goolies is funny. I'm sure it's just a translation thing

Actually, I saw Beanz's nut hugger and raised him a pillow talk, a couple of deep throats, and some calluses. However, I vehemently object to Beanz's mention of the word "cults", as it has nothing to do with homo-eroticism.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dominic Breazeale feels referee stopped Deontay Wilder fight too early

Dominic Breazeale suffered a brutal first-round knockout at the hands of heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder on Saturday, but felt the referee stopped the fight too early.

WBC titleholder Wilder sent Breazeale to the canvas with a ferocious right hand to retain his belt after just 137 seconds at Barclays Center, improving to 41-0-1 in the process.

The mandatory challenger was almost back on his feet by the time referee Harvey Dock completed his 10 count, though he appeared in no condition to continue.

It was just the second defeat of Breazeale's career, with the American having lost to Anthony Joshua in the Briton's first world title defense in June 2016, but he felt he had more to give.

"I think the ref stopped it a little early because I could hear him saying 'seven' and 'eight', but that's boxing," Breazeale said.

"He did his job and kept us safe for our next fight. I got on my feet and had my legs under me. It's the heavyweight division so there's going to big shots from guys with power. This was a situation where he landed the big right hand before I did. I thought I was going to come on in the later rounds. I'll be back and go for the heavyweight title again."

After registering the 40th knockout of his career, Wilder said a unification bout with IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua will happen, although rematches against Tyson Fury or Luis Ortiz could also be up next.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dom...151647949.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the count might have been a little fast, but it didn't matter, Breazeale was on queer street when he got up. He couldve had someone elses legs underneath him and not known the difference. Wilder has improved a little. Particularly new was the uppercut he tried and missed on. Still it would seem like his form is causing unnecessary wear and tear on his body and will be a threat to his longevity. Its exciting to swing for the fences on every punch but it can be hell when you land and hell when you miss.

The shot that ended the fight came in typical Wilder fashion. He shot the jab and kept the right hand behind the body/lead shoulder. Breazeale, had his left hand practically in his pocket and he was trying to shoot from the hip. I didn't think he'd last to the opening bell to be honest. His footwork couldn't have been worse with two wooden legs. This was a showcase for Wilder and wilder makes these fights look easier than they should be because his opponents stand in front of him thinking they're out of range or or focusing on offense because they know that he's prone to getting clipped. I don't think theres a huge problem with his chin as much as him not seeing the punches coming because hes usually swinging big. If you want to be wilder, you have to get your legs into the fight and give him angles to neutralize the reach. Jabbing him out of position and feinting him to keep him from setting his feet.

Is Joshua capable of that.... Possibly. The issue with Joshua is hes used to walking down opponents that he has outgunned and advancing behind the jab to open guys up with combos. Which is beautiful if you're already inside. Joshuas a big target and if he stands in front of Wilder coming in, he'll be precisely where he doesn't want to be.. Most opponents have taken to try to circle to wilders left (away from that right hand and under estimating its ranginess). Joshua jabbing over the jab and turning him will take some of that away. Sooner or later Wilder is going to uncork the right hand behind the jab even if hes out of position, turned, off balance because its what he knows. Joshua cant get to overzealous and combo happy or he risks paying for it.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder can be hurt and has been a few times now, Breazeale definitely hurt him but he seemed to shake it off quickly and came back firing.
    If Wilder hits you with that big right hand your hitting the deck no matter who you are.
    AJ v Wilder is now THE fight in the division.
    They'll just go at it until one of them is unconscious.
    No way that goes the distance.
    Hard to pick a winner but Wilder has better speed than AJ so might get to him first.
    It's gonna be a brilliant fight when they finally meet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly the pendulum is starting to swing a little bit isn't it. Used to be Wilder hadn't fought anybody. Well... he's slowly working on that isn't he. Seems Wladimir was the only entry on AJ's resume his fans needed to mention to cancel out anything Wilder had done. Who's AJ fighting next again? And who has he fought lately? Just askin' Argument was Wilder was fighting in front of 5,000 people in the backwoods of Alabama. Seems he's slowly warming up to the U.S. heavyweight fandom consciousness isn't he. I mean... unless a screaming sold-out Barclays Center is still unworthy. Time for a disclaimer here. Not a die-hard Wilder fan, nor an AJ hater. Just putting things into a little perspective. Old habits die hard... and it seems die-hard AJ fans will continue dredging up all the reasons as to why Wilder is not worthy. But......... shhhhhh....... does anybody else sense the pendulum starting to swing a little bit? Point is, my boxing friends..... that throne is getting just a bit heated..... and it's gonna take a little more than the previous Eddie Hearn theatrics to convince fans that AJ really wants to fight Wilder and it's Wilder holding up the works. Wanna make it about number of belts? Sure..... ok. AJ has the most number of trinkets. If that's the argument.... we have nothing to talk about. That drunken giraffe just steamrollered his mandatory. AJ's leftovers? Great...... let's sit down and talk about it. All I know is the excuses will start slowly vanishing one by one like so many slammed doors. While we're at it....... Tyson Fury is a f*cking pussy for denying boxing fans of a rematch the whole world wanted to see. Saying you actually won a fight that was called a draw and then running for the hills looks chicken-shit, whether a big contract was involved or not. There....... I finally said it.
    He knocked over a tomato can. Breazeale dropped his hands and basically asked to get knocked out. Wilder lost his last fight against Fury and got a gift decision. On Saturday he fought in front of what the Guardian called : the charitably announced crowd of 13,181 so that's a half full at best arena and maybe half of the people there probably got free tickets. Was the fight PPV in America? I don't think it was, was it. Wilder has a right hand that can knock anybody out but nobody over there seems to be too excited about him. When he's in against somebody who isn't a can he doesn't look so good.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How good is Fury's chin to get up from Wilder's big right hand?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Certainly the pendulum is starting to swing a little bit isn't it. Used to be Wilder hadn't fought anybody. Well... he's slowly working on that isn't he. Seems Wladimir was the only entry on AJ's resume his fans needed to mention to cancel out anything Wilder had done. Who's AJ fighting next again? And who has he fought lately? Just askin' Argument was Wilder was fighting in front of 5,000 people in the backwoods of Alabama. Seems he's slowly warming up to the U.S. heavyweight fandom consciousness isn't he. I mean... unless a screaming sold-out Barclays Center is still unworthy. Time for a disclaimer here. Not a die-hard Wilder fan, nor an AJ hater. Just putting things into a little perspective. Old habits die hard... and it seems die-hard AJ fans will continue dredging up all the reasons as to why Wilder is not worthy. But......... shhhhhh....... does anybody else sense the pendulum starting to swing a little bit? Point is, my boxing friends..... that throne is getting just a bit heated..... and it's gonna take a little more than the previous Eddie Hearn theatrics to convince fans that AJ really wants to fight Wilder and it's Wilder holding up the works. Wanna make it about number of belts? Sure..... ok. AJ has the most number of trinkets. If that's the argument.... we have nothing to talk about. That drunken giraffe just steamrollered his mandatory. AJ's leftovers? Great...... let's sit down and talk about it. All I know is the excuses will start slowly vanishing one by one like so many slammed doors. While we're at it....... Tyson Fury is a f*cking pussy for denying boxing fans of a rematch the whole world wanted to see. Saying you actually won a fight that was called a draw and then running for the hills looks chicken-shit, whether a big contract was involved or not. There....... I finally said it.
    He knocked over a tomato can. Breazeale dropped his hands and basically asked to get knocked out. Wilder lost his last fight against Fury and got a gift decision. On Saturday he fought in front of what the Guardian called : the charitably announced crowd of 13,181 so that's a half full at best arena and maybe half of the people there probably got free tickets. Was the fight PPV in America? I don't think it was, was it. Wilder has a right hand that can knock anybody out but nobody over there seems to be too excited about him. When he's in against somebody who isn't a can he doesn't look so good.

Reread what I said.

"Certainly the pendulum is starting to swing a little bit isn't it."

Quite different from saying that Wilder is the "man" in the division, isn't it. I don't know. Maybe it IS a translation thing, like some have said.

"Used to be Wilder hadn't fought anybody. Well... he's slowly working on that isn't he."

Emphasis on "slowly". So he knocked over a "tomato can." How does that invalidate the Ortiz's and Stiverne's of the world? (Cue the "Ortiz is an old man and Stiverne is a nobody" song-and-dance). I would say Wilder's choice of opponents has improved vastly over the first part of his career. But you're free to disagree, of course.

"Argument was Wilder was fighting in front of 5,000 people in the backwoods of Alabama. Seems he's slowly warming up to the U.S. heavyweight fandom consciousness isn't he."

Fact is the argument WAS being used that Wilder was fighting in front of family and friends in the backwoods of Alabama. Now he's fighting in the slightly more upscale Barclay Center in Brooklyn. Sorry it doesn't hold as many people as Wembley Stadium, but what can you do. Objection overruled.

BTW, I'll stick to my own opinion that the fight was justly called a draw. Contrary to UK popular opinion, Wilder didn't JUST win the rounds in which he knocked down Fury. But whaddaIknow....

So you see.... all this anti-Wilder backlash is really unnecessary.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reread what I said. "Certainly the pendulum is starting to swing a little bit isn't it." Quite different from saying that Wilder is the "man" in the division, isn't it. I don't know. Maybe it IS a translation thing, like some have said. "Used to be Wilder hadn't fought anybody. Well... he's slowly working on that isn't he." Emphasis on "slowly". So he knocked over a "tomato can." How does that invalidate the Ortiz's and Stiverne's of the world? (Cue the "Ortiz is an old man and Stiverne is a nobody" song-and-dance). I would say Wilder's choice of opponents has improved vastly over the first part of his career. But you're free to disagree, of course. "Argument was Wilder was fighting in front of 5,000 people in the backwoods of Alabama. Seems he's slowly warming up to the U.S. heavyweight fandom consciousness isn't he." Fact is the argument WAS being used that Wilder was fighting in front of family and friends in the backwoods of Alabama. Now he's fighting in the slightly more upscale Barclay Center in Brooklyn. Sorry it doesn't hold as many people as Wembley Stadium, but what can you do. Objection overruled. BTW, I'll stick to my own opinion that the fight was justly called a draw. Contrary to UK popular opinion, Wilder didn't JUST win the rounds in which he knocked down Fury. But whaddaIknow.... So you see.... all this anti-Wilder backlash is really unnecessary.
    He only got hit with one decent punch and it had him wobbled and hanging on. It's a matter of time till he gets clocked.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    How good is Fury's chin to get up from Wilder's big right hand?
    Yes Fury has a chin. More than that was the will to fight. Wilder had everything going for him. Fury hasn't fought in 2 1/2 years, a 100 pounds overweight, and hooked on drugs. With all that he has the heart of a Champion. to me Tyson Fury is still the HW Champion.
    Last edited by mrbig1; 05-23-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly the pendulum is starting to swing a little bit isn't it. Used to be Wilder hadn't fought anybody. Well... he's slowly working on that isn't he. Seems Wladimir was the only entry on AJ's resume his fans needed to mention to cancel out anything Wilder had done. Who's AJ fighting next again? And who has he fought lately? Just askin' Argument was Wilder was fighting in front of 5,000 people in the backwoods of Alabama. Seems he's slowly warming up to the U.S. heavyweight fandom consciousness isn't he.
    Wanna make it about number of belts? Sure..... ok. AJ has the most number of trinkets. If that's the argument.... we have nothing to talk about.
    America is odd with its boxing gates, not sure why that matters though. A guy like RJJ won the HW title in Vegas with a 1/2 empty Mack Center, does that matter in anyway to a fan?

Cassius Clay won a title fighting Liston to an empty house as well.

Other than Texas, California & Madison Square garden, rarely do fighters pack the house be it Bradley, Ward, former champs to name a few.

And kinda perplexed on you calling Brezealle a Tomato can was he that when he fought AJ? It seems then that the whole HW division is always overloaded with tomato cans, to which Wilder saw it as a mandatory, should he lose his belt for that?
    Reminds me of when Bernard Hopkins took a lot of flack...and deserved it...for fighting a no namer Morrade Hakkar a mandatory.

Who is there for DW or AJ to fight? And if these guys are better than Brezealle I can only question who did they fight to relinquish the tomato can label that has been applied to Dominic?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Dominic Breazeale feels referee stopped Deontay Wilder fight too early

Dominic Breazeale suffered a brutal first-round knockout at the hands of heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder on Saturday, but felt the referee stopped the fight too early.

WBC titleholder Wilder sent Breazeale to the canvas with a ferocious right hand to retain his belt after just 137 seconds at Barclays Center, improving to 41-0-1 in the process.

The mandatory challenger was almost back on his feet by the time referee Harvey Dock completed his 10 count, though he appeared in no condition to continue.

It was just the second defeat of Breazeale's career, with the American having lost to Anthony Joshua in the Briton's first world title defense in June 2016, but he felt he had more to give.

"I think the ref stopped it a little early because I could hear him saying 'seven' and 'eight', but that's boxing," Breazeale said.

"He did his job and kept us safe for our next fight. I got on my feet and had my legs under me. It's the heavyweight division so there's going to big shots from guys with power. This was a situation where he landed the big right hand before I did. I thought I was going to come on in the later rounds. I'll be back and go for the heavyweight title again."

After registering the 40th knockout of his career, Wilder said a unification bout with IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua will happen, although rematches against Tyson Fury or Luis Ortiz could also be up next.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dom...151647949.html
    As the forum sadist who hates early stoppages, that was not an early stoppage. He looked to be out of it, then wobbled back to the ropes. He was in no state to continue.

Thread Information