Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

fuck he hits hard

Wilder is a lot better than I thought he was a year ago. After all 3 have fought in the next month let’s see where we stand.

Still say on any given night one can beat the other so a defeat against one of the other 2 doesn’t rule you out of the picture. These boys will make some serious money....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Oh no no... hell no. Joshua should remain on his throne. Wait till Wilder is worthy of a shot. Forget selling out Barclay Center and the U.S. boxing public starting to warm up to Wilder.

Joshua beat Klitschko. That trumps anything Wilder's ever done, and damn it..... it should be milked for everything it's worth.

Meanwhile, let the King feast on the Ruizes of the world.

(Only thing worse than a "casual" is blind fandom).
    That is just you making an argument I don't see anyone making on behalf of Joshua in order to justify Wilder milking (or being used to milk) the type of people that are now blaming Joshua for not facing a multiple drug cheat. When Wilder supposedly surpasses AJ's resume for knocking out someone Joshua fought many moons ago, and Joshua does not even get credit for staying busier and (including fighting the drug cheats like Povetkin Wilder still hasn't faced) offering Wilder 100 million, then the only blind fandom being employed is by those thinking a first round knockout is a benchmark that trumps anything else.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Breazeale has a thing I call lazy hands. He was willing to lay back and let Wilder be first. DB had to jab. So he could jab his way in. He was just lazy. He should have worked Wilder. That's the way to beat him. Watch the Fury fight. Tyson never let him off the hook. It's hard to be first with a fist in your face. Breazeale sould have watch film. We have to understand Wilder isn't that good. He can punch but that's about it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Oh no no... hell no. Joshua should remain on his throne. Wait till Wilder is worthy of a shot. Forget selling out Barclay Center and the U.S. boxing public starting to warm up to Wilder.

Joshua beat Klitschko. That trumps anything Wilder's ever done, and damn it..... it should be milked for everything it's worth.

That is just you making an argument I don't see anyone making on behalf of Joshua in order to justify Wilder milking (or being used to milk) the type of people that are now blaming Joshua for not facing a multiple drug cheat. When Wilder supposedly surpasses AJ's resume for knocking out someone Joshua fought many moons ago, and Joshua does not even get credit for staying busier and (including fighting the drug cheats like Povetkin Wilder still hasn't faced) offering Wilder 100 million, then the only blind fandom being employed is by those thinking a first round knockout is a benchmark that trumps anything else.

I started by saying that "the pendulum was starting to swing". But predictably, Wilder haters (and blind Joshua fans) are unwilling to give an inch in their now stale stance, that Wilder hasn't fought anybody.... that Wilder doesn't draw.... that Wilder lacks fundamentals.... in short, that Wilder isn't worthy. I wasn't "blaming" Joshua for anything, merely taking a poke at the decomposed argument that Joshua and his unlikable promoter could sit back and make a mockery of negotiations with Wilder. Not any more. You're the one inventing an argument about a first round knockout. Not me. Still..... I expected a stronger argument from you since you're one of those blind Joshua fans/ Wilder haters. Difference being I'm neither, nor am I a Joshua hater/ Wilder fan. Makes no difference to me. In fact, I deplore Wilder talking about bodies on his record. Was happy to see him actually talking normally and toning it down after the fight.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I started by saying that "the pendulum was starting to swing". But predictably, Wilder haters (and blind Joshua fans) are unwilling to give an inch in their now stale stance, that Wilder hasn't fought anybody.... that Wilder doesn't draw.... that Wilder lacks fundamentals.... in short, that Wilder isn't worthy. I wasn't "blaming" Joshua for anything, merely taking a poke at the decomposed argument that Joshua and his unlikable promoter could sit back and make a mockery of negotiations with Wilder. Not any more. You're the one inventing an argument about a first round knockout. Not me. Still..... I expected a stronger argument from you since you're one of those blind Joshua fans/ Wilder haters. Difference being I'm neither, nor am I a Joshua hater/ Wilder fan. Makes no difference to me. In fact, I deplore Wilder talking about bodies on his record. Was happy to see him actually talking normally and toning it down after the fight.
    Why does somebody have to be a Wilder hater to not be overly impressed with him stringing a few punches together against a notoriously slow starter who still managed to tag him after getting caught early before lights out? The whole argument which you are again inventing, is not that Wilder is not worthy but rather the reverse. Other than Fury there is no heavyweight more worthy of fighting Joshua but Wilder and/or his lame team quite clearly do not want it. What more do Hearn and Joshua have to do to make you and the Wilder nut huggers see the forest for the trees? It was like Slim said 'a picture Perfect KO'. That is not the same thing as showing a big improvement for fight to fight or being able to adapt his style to different and dangerous fighters.

When you have to make up Kiltschko as being the only dangerous, difficult or tricky opponent on AJ's CV it's your own judgment that is revealed as being all about hyperbole and getting carried away because an American heavyweight showed up for the first time in years. You seem happy to call Ruiz easy meat for Joshua and yet Wilder is not held to account for avoiding the Whyte's, Povetkins etc. Go and look and see who Wilder was fighting in his first 5 years as a pro. Audley ffs
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does somebody have to be a Wilder hater to not be overly impressed with him stringing a few punches together against a notoriously slow starter who still managed to tag him after getting caught early before lights out? The whole argument which you are again inventing, is not that Wilder is not worthy but rather the reverse. Other than Fury there is no heavyweight more worthy of fighting Joshua but Wilder and/or his lame team quite clearly do not want it. What more do Hearn and Joshua have to do to make you and the Wilder nut huggers see the forest for the trees? It was like Slim said 'a picture Perfect KO'. That is not the same thing as showing a big improvement for fight to fight or being able to adapt his style to different and dangerous fighters.

When you have to make up Kiltschko as being the only dangerous, difficult or tricky opponent on AJ's CV it's your own judgment that is revealed as being all about hyperbole and getting carried away because an American heavyweight showed up for the first time in years. You seem happy to call Ruiz easy meat for Joshua and yet Wilder is not held to account for avoiding the Whyte's, Povetkins etc. Go and look and see who Wilder was fighting in his first 5 years as a pro. Audley ffs

This is of course an unwinnable argument, as you are clearly a self-avowed Joshua deep-throater, and I just dislike facts being twisted to fit deep-throaters' agendas. You'll parrot the line about Wilder avoiding Joshua, just like Wilder fans will continue to chant that Joshua is the one avoiding Wilder. Frankly, I had enough of last year's soap opera to last me a lifetime. Unless you are privy to Joshua's private quarters or have some intimate knowledge about his pillow talk, you nor anyone else can 100 percent claim to know what is really going on in the minds of Joshua, Hearn, or for that matter Wilder himself. Just like another thread just started up, where a post-fight Wilder press conference is turned into yet another "Wilder is ducking Joshua" cult-like claim..... you'll go happily bounding off after that bandwagon, waving your Joshua flag.

Wilder's first opponents in his career had no bigger critic than me. THAT'S what differentiates me and you. Nuthugging, particularly in the heavyweight division, is something I've never done. You, on the other hand..... and you've probably got the calluses to prove it. I've criticized Wilder's list of opponents in the past.... I've criticized his style..... I've raked him over the coals for his idiocy while speaking sometimes. Meanwhile, you and a host of others deep-throat Joshua like there's no tomorrow. Can hardly blame you, seeing as to how British boxing is finally on the map after years of being nowhere, and the heavyweight division is THE division in boxing. I'm honestly happy for you.

Let's hope the Wilder-Joshua fight finally comes to pass, since after all his bluster Fury went running for the hills.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is of course an unwinnable argument, as you are clearly a self-avowed Joshua deep-throater, and I just dislike facts being twisted to fit deep-throaters' agendas. You'll parrot the line about Wilder avoiding Joshua, just like Wilder fans will continue to chant that Joshua is the one avoiding Wilder. Frankly, I had enough of last year's soap opera to last me a lifetime. Unless you are privy to Joshua's private quarters or have some intimate knowledge about his pillow talk, you nor anyone else can 100 percent claim to know what is really going on in the minds of Joshua, Hearn, or for that matter Wilder himself. Just like another thread just started up, where a post-fight Wilder press conference is turned into yet another "Wilder is ducking Joshua" cult-like claim..... you'll go happily bounding off after that bandwagon, waving your Joshua flag.

Wilder's first opponents in his career had no bigger critic than me. THAT'S what differentiates me and you. Nuthugging, particularly in the heavyweight division, is something I've never done. You, on the other hand..... and you've probably got the calluses to prove it. I've criticized Wilder's list of opponents in the past.... I've criticized his style..... I've raked him over the coals for his idiocy while speaking sometimes. Meanwhile, you and a host of others deep-throat Joshua like there's no tomorrow. Can hardly blame you, seeing as to how British boxing is finally on the map after years of being nowhere, and the heavyweight division is THE division in boxing. I'm honestly happy for you.

Let's hope the Wilder-Joshua fight finally comes to pass, since after all his bluster Fury went running for the hills.
    You will notice I didn't actually call you a nuthugger. I am wondering if something is lost in translation here because three deep throats, pillow talk, cults and callouses seems a bit homo-erotic and unnecessary when talking about a pretty definitive conclusion to what was still just another time marking fight. You are a few years too late with British boxing being on the map, because in boxing, as in most other sports, for such a tiny island with a small population we absolutely muller you P4P, in a way that would make Wilder look like he hits like a fairy.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You will notice I didn't actually call you a nuthugger. I am wondering if something is lost in translation here because three deep throats, pillow talk, cults and callouses seems a bit homo-erotic and unnecessary when talking about a pretty definitive conclusion to what was still just another time marking fight. You are a few years too late with British boxing being on the map, because in boxing, as in most other sports, for such a tiny island with a small population we absolutely muller you P4P, in a way that would make Wilder look like he hits like a fairy.

Ohhhhh no. Let's not get into that argument. You'll mention soccer and cricket..... and I'll counter with baseball and basketball.

In boxing you're having a nice renaissance. But don't make me put up per capita numbers and embarrass your ass. (Per capita of course being the virtual equivalent of the p4p you brought up).

Point is, you happily join the chorus line about Wilder ducking Joshua for all the predictable (albeit false and inaccurate) reasons....... while I'll remain the voice of reason (pardon the redundancy) as far as why Wilder and Joshua haven't fought yet.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Making this a UK vs USA thread is as little brother as a little brother can get.

Wilder told them 50/50 and he’d fight. Maybe he deserves 50, maybe he doesn’t. Make it 55/45 in favor of Joshua sounds right. But DAZN straight up wouldn’t tell Wilder what they would pay Joshua in the matchup. If anyone can tell me a multi year contract they entered or a boxer entered without all the terms then we will begin to have a case against Wilder. Since I’m rather sure everyone here knows that isn’t how boxing contracts work we have to acknowledge the guy pulling the strings at DAZN isn’t being forthcoming and thus is attempting to deceive. But we all knew this already, some just want to avoid that plain and obvious truth.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad we have you to tell us what splits Joshua and Wilder should take.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Breazeale has a thing I call lazy hands.
    thats a good one.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All in all pretty predictable outcome and repeating my first post..just a way to get Wilder back into the KO "" talk after Fury and with AJ coming over. Raise your hand if you honestly didn't think that would be the end result? But it doesn't stop at least 3 writers likening him to Mike Tyson this morning . Good knock out, bigger and better things need to come.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    All in all pretty predictable outcome and repeating my first post..just a way to get Wilder back into the KO "" talk after Fury and with AJ coming over. Raise your hand if you honestly didn't think that would be the end result? But it doesn't stop at least 3 writers likening him to Mike Tyson this morning . Good knock out, bigger and better things need to come.
    The 3 diva heavyweights will not meet this year, 2020 is the earliest I can see it happening.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The 3 diva heavyweights will not meet this year, 2020 is the earliest I can see it happening.
    Heavyweights are overrated. Bit surprised Wilder didn't once mention AJ when asked about it at press conference. Maybe he's actually keeping it in perspective given that Breazeale was already torched. I still think Wilder needs that emphatic ko, clear win, over Fury first.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad we have you to tell us what splits Joshua and Wilder should take.
    I didn’t say what splits they should take. I said maybe he deserves one, maybe he doesn’t and I said another split sounded right. At no point did I say anyone should take anything. But it’s okay, you don’t have to be accurate.

Thread Information