Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I genuinely think that Danny did not mean to be racist, only he would really know the truth and he admits he has been stupid. However ignorance should not be a defence and he really should know better.

I think some disciplinary action should have been taken but I would have given him a final written warning but really it is at the discretion of his employers and with the racist hate going against the royal couple BBC would have been complicit if they took no action at all.
    Danny is pretty funny and I would like to think he didn't mean to be racist, however that's a tough one to prove as you say as only he knows.

Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Of course anyone can be racist.. Duh. And you don't see much racism because you live in a country that is not very racially diverse. I don't want you to be racist Miles you just keep making incredibly hard not to draw those conclusions.
    So, what is this incredible racism going on down there in Plymouth?

I don't really mind if anyone thinks I am racist or not. I am quite comfortable with my mindset and know that I am not. However, I will defend science unless it can be proven wrong. I am not a flat earther type. In saying that though you treat everybody as an individual and accept that not everyone is the worst of any group and most are somewhere in the middle or rather good. It's human nature.
    'You don't half know how to manufacture argument. Have I once ever in the history of Saddos mentioned the city you live in. Give it a rest. Anyone would think Brock was prompting you by Pm.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course anyone can be racist.. Duh. And you don't see much racism because you live in a country that is not very racially diverse. I don't want you to be racist Miles you just keep making incredibly hard not to draw those conclusions.
    So, what is this incredible racism going on down there in Plymouth?

I don't really mind if anyone thinks I am racist or not. I am quite comfortable with my mindset and know that I am not. However, I will defend science unless it can be proven wrong. I am not a flat earther type. In saying that though you treat everybody as an individual and accept that not everyone is the worst of any group and most are somewhere in the middle or rather good. It's human nature.
    'You don't half know how to manufacture argument. Have I once ever in the history of Saddos mentioned the city you live in. Give it a rest. Anyone would think Brock was prompting you by Pm.
    You are the one who brought up racism and I am just wondering what kind of racism you are experiencing. The worst for me was a little girl calling me Pinnochio one time for being white and not having a flat nose. Oh, and one time being turned away from a nightclub when I was about 25, but I went there plenty of other times. In fact it is opposite racism at one bar I know. Koreans have to pay to get in but foreigners get in free. I find that strange, but what can you do. Also, there is a thing where mixed race couples can get good rates of interest above what Korean couples can get, but it discriminates against you if the foreigner is male. So, it is a mixed bag. But certainly not treated worse than the locals really.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a group of indian friends I meet up with a couple of times a year.

We always go for a curry usually to a new restaurant we've not tried before in Bradford / Leeds area.

In a couple of restaurants the past year or so they get some of their food served differently (tikka starters on skewers for non-Indians in one restaurant which was odd) and they usually get offered apna style dishes by the waiter whereas me and the Mrs don't unless we ask.

I always get offended and cry all the way home.......
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles, I understand why you think comparing humans with animals is harmless fun (nothing to get upset about), however, throughout our history the comparison between black people and monkey's has been done in a derogatory manner, and still to this day we have evidence of black footballers getting bananas lobbed at them.

I despise this current victimhood culture, where everyone is OWED something, however, in this instance only black people have the right to explain why they're offended, as we quite simply have never experienced it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donald Trump knows what it is like. How is it different for him? True that there are historical connotations, but words only have power if you let them control you. It is in this context that I am no longer controlled by the 'cunt' and have thus become all powerful. Nothing bothers me anymore and that is because words are nothing unless you give them more meaning than they are worth.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't believe for a second Danny Baker didn't understand his joke was "controversial", however, he arrogantly thought nobody would consider him racist because he's Danny Baker, man of the people, he used to protest the National Front at Millwall.

And, for the record, from my own personal experience Asian's (Pakistani/Indian)/Turks/Greeks/Arabs are the most racist towards black people i've ever come across. Shocking stereotypes.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Miles, I understand why you think comparing humans with animals is harmless fun (nothing to get upset about), however, throughout our history the comparison between black people and monkey's has been done in a derogatory manner, and still to this day we have evidence of black footballers getting bananas lobbed at them.

I despise this current victimhood culture, where everyone is OWED something, however, in this instance only black people have the right to explain why they're offended, as we quite simply have never experienced it.
    Some of us have ......
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donald Trump knows what it is like. How is it different for him? True that there are historical connotations, but words only have power if you let them control you. It is in this context that I am no longer controlled by the 'cunt' and have thus become all powerful. Nothing bothers me anymore and that is because words are nothing unless you give them more meaning than they are worth.
    Obama knows what it's like not Trump.

Unfortunately, like Trump, I don't think your own personal experience of accepting the "cunt" moniker will inspire millions of black people to stop getting offended.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Black people have largely reduced the N word by using it constantly among themselves. It is by constantly getting upset by words that they maintain power. I am certainly not telling black people how they should feel, but the victim culture surely gets boring sometimes.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait, in evolution aren’t we all monkeys or apes, seems moot to me

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being honest haven't we all at one point called someone elses baby a lot worse. 'Little monkies' included. Honestly, thanks to my Grandma by the time I hit 3 I was answering to "googly eyed little mothfucker". Might be missing something but didn't they have a lil bouncing baby white as snow? Edit, ok she's from mixed marriage yes? Honestly had no idea but off first glimpse wouldn't connect the two. Seeing as she's had slurs tossed at her he very well may have been playing off of those. Still strikes as much stupid as malicious though. Now do you see why it's not wise to get involved in another Countries politics .
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-11-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I genuinely think that Danny did not mean to be racist, only he would really know the truth and he admits he has been stupid. However ignorance should not be a defence and he really should know better.

I think some disciplinary action should have been taken but I would have given him a final written warning but really it is at the discretion of his employers and with the racist hate going against the royal couple BBC would have been complicit if they took no action at all.
    After the first paragraph I was all for giving you a like, but the second paragraph is bollocks.
    Of course the twat should’ve been sacked.
    I don’t think Danny Baker is a racist. But I do think that he is an arrogant, unfunny twat that hasn’t been funny for over 20 years. And in his desperate attempt to “make a gag, ba doom tish” , he didn’t think and he fucked up!
    Yeah as soon as it was pointed out, he took it down.... too fucking late. He deserves the sack for his ignorance and stupidity.
    And then typically he tries to deflect it on the beeb. “The way they did It , they threw me under a bus, the old farts in suits throwing daggers, blah blah!”
    Take ownership and fuck off!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had a big debate about this yesterday at work

One lad thought that Baker should be arrested and charged for it because he believes that purposely causing offense to someone should bring criminal charges
    I countered that with "if you told a joke about a dumb blonde and some bird got offended should you be prosecuted" he said of course not, I asked why her feelings aren't worth the same as a black persons, I asked who has the final say of what is deemed offensive enough to be against the law and what happens if you don't agree with it, he couldn't answer me

the conversation carried on and there is an Asian lad, he said that the word Nigger is more offensive that calling someone a honky and it would obviously offend a black person more than a white person purely because of the historical connotations
    I countered this by asking what right does he have to decide how offended I am, that honky slur could be the final straw that breaks the camels back and I could go home and hang myself, would that one comment still pale into insignificance when compared with calling someone a nigger?

Another lad said that he thinks that racism is wrong, Danny Baker shouldn't be allowed on television or radio ever again
    I countered this by pointing out that he had (just a matter of hours before) shown me 4 or 5 pictures all about this babby being black, I said that if he showed that to the wrong person then he would lose his job, should he have people rocking up and protesting against him every time he finds a new job which would leave him basically unemployable, he said that would be unfair but as Danny Baker is in the public eye he should at least apologize, I asked if Danny should be allowed on the radio after he had apologized and he said "NO" I asked what is the point in him apologizing then if people won't accept it (cheers Sargon)

Someone chimed in and said "what about them people that done the Grenfal Tower bonfire thing, I bet you think they should be prosecuted" I told them that if they should be prosecuted then so should Frankie Boyle for making a joke that Harvey would rape Katie Price, apparently though according to everyone else because that joke was made a year or two ago it doesn't matter

It was actually a really good conversation but I think the most pertinent thing was when I walked out of the office to go home I thought to myself "fuck should I have defended Danny Baker, will Maj think I'm a racist, did I say anything that anyone could make a complaint about?"

It shouldn't be that way, I know for a fact that no one involved in that conversation (except for maybe Majid) was offended by Danny Bakers tweet, and I know for a fact that if they had been sent it via whatsapp they would have all shared it.

And the only reason I say that Majid may have been offended is because he has only recently started at our place so I don't know what his thoughts are on this type of thing.

My mate sent me a picture of a black kid who had been photoshopped onto a picture of the queen, he was wearing a crown and saying wha gwarn grannie whilst the queen grimaced behind him, I saw the picture and fucking laughed, I don't have a problem with any type of jokes, I laugh at racist jokes, I laugh at sexist jokes, I laugh at jokes that make fun of pedophilia, does that make me a racist sexist pedophile? I don't know maybe, I've never wanted to go and abuse a black bloke and I've never wanted to rape anyone, I don't find kids attractive but maybe the fact I laugh at it means I agree with it and think it is fine.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that one of the saddest things is that these are conversations that we should be having but as evidenced by the conversation I had with everyone at work people are too frightened for fear of offending someone

2 people came up to me today and said that they really enjoyed it yesterday, they both said that they are concerned that they will say the wrong thing though and could end up in trouble.

crazy to think that people won't share their everyday views for fear of repercussions

Thread Information