Thread: WBSS semi final - Taylor v Baranchyk - Inoue v Rodriguez 18/5/19

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBSS semi final - Taylor v Baranchyk - Inoue v Rodriguez 18/5/19

Hey guys. Sorry I'm late. Tuned in to the Wilder-Breazeale undercard.

First things first. @powerpuncher ...... thanks for the condolences. Damn... that was vicious.

Now for my main point.

IMO, Inoue immediately vaults to the top of the p4p food chain, if he wasn't there already. McDonnell... 1st round. Payano... 1st round. Rodriguez... 2nd round.

These guys are no slouches. They're world (or former) world champions.

Inoue is for REAL.

Not only is he "Monster" Inoue. He's formally MR. Monster Inoue....... sir.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

First things first. @powerpuncher ...... thanks for the condolences. Damn... that was vicious.

Now for my main point.

IMO, Inoue immediately vaults to the top of the p4p food chain, if he wasn't there already. McDonnell... 1st round. Payano... 1st round. Rodriguez... 2nd round.

Inoue is for REAL.

I feel like people aren’t talking about Inoue enough on here. He has proven to be one of the best p4p fighters in the world and is exciting. I think the only fighters at the moment who have a case to be above him are Crawford, Loma, and Usyk. I don’t think anybody else has a case at all at the moment.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inoue is like a juggernaut hidden inside a sports car. The look on mateys face pleading with his corner to explain just what stepping back in front of an oncoming freight train again would prove , was telling. It is easy to slip into hyperbole when talking about fighters the likes of which you do not see many of in a lifetime but Inoue certainly falls into that class. Taylor marches on and will have learnt a lot from that. Think Freddy underestimated him.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Now for my main point.

Inoue is for REAL.

I feel like people aren’t talking about Inoue enough on here. He has proven to be one of the best p4p fighters in the world and is exciting. I think the only fighters at the moment who have a case to be above him are Crawford, Loma, and Usyk. I don’t think anybody else has a case at all at the moment.

None of those guys have the awesome 3-fight streak Inoue's currently on. They might have a case, but that'll change soon enough.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regis Prograis: Facing Josh Taylor in Super Series final 'was destiny'

Regis Prograis says "it was destiny" he and Josh Taylor would meet in the World Boxing Super Series final - a bout he thinks should be outside Scotland.

The American watched as Taylor, 28, took the world IBF super-lightweight belt from Ivan Baranchyk in front of a home crowd at Glasgow's Hydro.

Prograis, 30, currently holds the WBA and interim WBC belts.

And, asked if the unification fight should be in Glasgow, he said: "A nice crowd, but I don't think so."

Prograis conceded that, like Taylor in Scotland, he has strong support in his native Louisana so "it will be better at a neutral site so there is no advantage for either side".

Eight boxers gathered in Moscow when the series was launched in July, with Prograis and Taylor having since won their quarter- and semi-final fights.

The pair have justified their world rankings, with Prograis rated number one and Taylor number two at the start of the tournament.

Prograis, who wore a borrowed kilt to Saturday's fight, retained the WBC crown by beating England's Terry Flanagan over 12 rounds , before a sixth-round knockout of WBA champion Kiryl Relikh of Belarus.

Taylor knocked out American Ryan Martin before overcoming Baranchyk, who had himself beaten Sweden's Anthony Yigit in his quarter-final to take become a short-lived holder of the IBF title.

"I knew it was going to happen," said Prograis. "Since we saw each other in Moscow, it felt like it was going to happen. Since then, I said me and him were the two best fighters in the division.

"He just had to get past his opponents. We both got past our opponents and I just felt it was destiny and it was going to happen anyways."

Now negotiating will begin over the date and venue for the final and the Scot's manager, Barry McGuigan, points out that fighting his fellow southpaw will present a tough challenge for Taylor.

"Prograis is a very good fighter, heavy handed, fights at a slow pace, more skill, so it's a different set of tactics, a different set of sparring partners and will be a completely different fight," he said.

I've got the strangest feeling they will try and sway towards New York, probably Madison Square Gardens, but I've not spoken to anyone about that. Money will probably talk.

But Josh will have no fears. When you've been a world-class amateur and been around the world fighting, you do learn how to adapt and feel comfortable. After all, a ring is a ring, wherever you are.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48327144
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inoue my P4P #1. Usyk close debate. Inoue superstar. I hope Nery get allow back Japan for brutal punish. Only bad I say to Inoue is wish face best 115. No stay long. My feel can dominate 122 immediate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Inoue my P4P #1. Usyk close debate. Inoue superstar. I hope Nery get allow back Japan for brutal punish. Only bad I say to Inoue is wish face best 115. No stay long. My feel can dominate 122 immediate

I'd bet on Inoue vs Nery any day of the week.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post

I'd bet on Inoue vs Nery any day of the week.
    I really want that fight to happen.

Thread Information