Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    472
    Cool Clicks

    Default Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    He just is... lolol.... He jumbles words, says the obvious and jumps in with nonsensical jibberish that is almost always off.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,245
    Mentioned
    1405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2654
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Was he that bad? He is normally articulate and measured when he speaks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,268
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Yes he’s bad in general, kind of the same way Foreman was bad. He sounds more articulate because of his accent and the way he postures and pauses before saying nothing, kind of like Eubank sr though not on that level. Ive seen him interviewed more low key and he comes across fine, commentating just isnt for everyone I think.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,107
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    356
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Definitely

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,674
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4679
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Seems he picked up right where he left on HBO. In fairness the whole crew of Chris Meyers and Goosen need some work. Lewis is also the first commentator I've ever seen who wrapped himself in a blanket during a broadcast because it was too cold .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,139
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1592
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Not everyone's cut out to be a commentator. Lennox could be the commentator at a World Cup final and put half the people to sleep.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    19,569
    Mentioned
    762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    974
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Seems he picked up right where he left on HBO. In fairness the whole crew of Chris Meyers and Goosen need some work. Lewis is also the first commentator I've ever seen who wrapped himself in a blanket during a broadcast because it was too cold .
    Which proves how British he really is (: No Canadian would feel the cold so much.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,245
    Mentioned
    1405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2654
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Seems he picked up right where he left on HBO. In fairness the whole crew of Chris Meyers and Goosen need some work. Lewis is also the first commentator I've ever seen who wrapped himself in a blanket during a broadcast because it was too cold .
    Lennox did the same when he fought and beat Bruno in Cardiff. It must be his lucky blanket.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,862
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    399
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Seems he picked up right where he left on HBO. In fairness the whole crew of Chris Meyers and Goosen need some work. Lewis is also the first commentator I've ever seen who wrapped himself in a blanket during a broadcast because it was too cold .
    Which proves how British he really is (: No Canadian would feel the cold so much.
    you beat me to it! you knew I was gonna come in with a Canadian quip, so you got in there first. Clearly he only lives in Canada in their summer, but he lives in the other nation of his heritage in the Winter ............Jamaica.
    Not an ounce of British in Him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    19,569
    Mentioned
    762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    974
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Seems he picked up right where he left on HBO. In fairness the whole crew of Chris Meyers and Goosen need some work. Lewis is also the first commentator I've ever seen who wrapped himself in a blanket during a broadcast because it was too cold .
    Which proves how British he really is (: No Canadian would feel the cold so much.
    you beat me to it! you knew I was gonna come in with a Canadian quip, so you got in there first. Clearly he only lives in Canada in their summer, but he lives in the other nation of his heritage in the Winter ............Jamaica.
    Not an ounce of British in Him.
    He was born he and lived here for 12 years. The problem with your argument is that poor kids all over the country will have the being born in Britain is not enough to make you British used against them all their life. To want to claim you are not British after being born and brought up here is fine if you are an adult, but not very helpful if you are a kid.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    472
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Yes he’s bad in general, kind of the same way Foreman was bad. He sounds more articulate because of his accent and the way he postures and pauses before saying nothing, kind of like Eubank sr though not on that level. Ive seen him interviewed more low key and he comes across fine, commentating just isnt for everyone I think.
    Being talkative is one thing, but that does not make you a talk show host!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,107
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    356
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Seems he picked up right where he left on HBO. In fairness the whole crew of Chris Meyers and Goosen need some work. Lewis is also the first commentator I've ever seen who wrapped himself in a blanket during a broadcast because it was too cold .
    Which proves how British he really is (: No Canadian would feel the cold so much.
    you beat me to it! you knew I was gonna come in with a Canadian quip, so you got in there first. Clearly he only lives in Canada in their summer, but he lives in the other nation of his heritage in the Winter ............Jamaica.
    Not an ounce of British in Him.
    He was born he and lived here for 12 years. The problem with your argument is that poor kids all over the country will have the being born in Britain is not enough to make you British used against them all their life. To want to claim you are not British after being born and brought up here is fine if you are an adult, but not very helpful if you are a kid.
    That’s sad, as if living in Britain isn’t punishment enough for their parents mistakes.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    19,569
    Mentioned
    762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    974
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Seems he picked up right where he left on HBO. In fairness the whole crew of Chris Meyers and Goosen need some work. Lewis is also the first commentator I've ever seen who wrapped himself in a blanket during a broadcast because it was too cold .
    Which proves how British he really is (: No Canadian would feel the cold so much.
    you beat me to it! you knew I was gonna come in with a Canadian quip, so you got in there first. Clearly he only lives in Canada in their summer, but he lives in the other nation of his heritage in the Winter ............Jamaica.
    Not an ounce of British in Him.
    He was born he and lived here for 12 years. The problem with your argument is that poor kids all over the country will have the being born in Britain is not enough to make you British used against them all their life. To want to claim you are not British after being born and brought up here is fine if you are an adult, but not very helpful if you are a kid.
    That’s sad, as if living in Britain isn’t punishment enough for their parents mistakes.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,862
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    399
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Seems he picked up right where he left on HBO. In fairness the whole crew of Chris Meyers and Goosen need some work. Lewis is also the first commentator I've ever seen who wrapped himself in a blanket during a broadcast because it was too cold .
    Which proves how British he really is (: No Canadian would feel the cold so much.
    you beat me to it! you knew I was gonna come in with a Canadian quip, so you got in there first. Clearly he only lives in Canada in their summer, but he lives in the other nation of his heritage in the Winter ............Jamaica.
    Not an ounce of British in Him.
    He was born he and lived here for 12 years. The problem with your argument is that poor kids all over the country will have the being born in Britain is not enough to make you British used against them all their life. To want to claim you are not British after being born and brought up here is fine if you are an adult, but not very helpful if you are a kid.
    It’s not about where you’re born, it’s about what you are. Deep in your soul, what you truly feel and believe you are. The only time Lewis, along with Rusedski, Budd , Pietersen and many others ever wanted to be British was during their careers.
    What did they contribute to “their country” before or since? Where do they call home? Do they feel British now?
    It’s bollocks , you know it and I know it.
    The problem is that you think I’m having a pop at Britain, and I’m not. Every Country does it, repatriating people just for their sporting prowess, and in some sports , Italians are the worst at it.
    It’s the way of the World, but my point is that we don’t really have to swallow it too much do we?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,479
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    342
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lennox Lewis... TERRIBLE AS A COMMENTATOR ON PBC!!!

    Lewis just isn’t very good as a commentator. But at least he isn’t so biased and annoying like many others

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Lennox Lewis VS Vitali Klitschko... the last of the great Lewis
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 02:51 AM
  2. Lennox Lewis as a commentator - what's ths issue ??
    By Mark TKO in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 11:31 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 02:41 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:59 PM
  5. Lennox Lewis is the worst commentator
    By chamiley in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 03:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Boxing Hompage | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Video Clips | Boxing Forum | Boxing Downloads| Boxing Twitter | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Quiz | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Betting Odds | Boxers Records | Auctions | Fun and Games | Articles on Boxing | World News | Earn Money from your Website | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Saddo Boxing - Disclaimer l Boxing