User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

Share/Bookmark
    james16million Guest

Default Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

Floyd Mayweather's 10 golden rules for success (full video)
    Found this pretty helpful. Obviously following his rules won't mean you will be as rich or successful as him, but you can still apply the same principals and get great results
    KEY POINT
    -Take things one day at a time. Everyone makes mistakes. You live and you learn
    -Dedication - Some days will feel hard. You got to keep pushing and never give up even if you fail
    -Momentum - When you start to achieve small success it builds positive momentum. Use it to your advantage
    -Continue to believe in yourself as confidence grows
    -Reward yourself

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Billionaire boxer Floyd Mayweather's 10 rules for success

Is he really a billionaire?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Is he really a billionaire?
    Was going to ask that as well. I mean, yes he was a great boxer and made a lot of money but a billionaire? I wonder.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Money does not buy class.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Money does not buy class.
    Tell that to Floyd

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What kind of success? If success is making millions upon millions... then he could've stopped at one. Being good enough at what you do... and getting millions and millions to shell out good money to watch you perform.

But having Floyd lecturing anyone on success is a bit weird, in the broader context of success.

Can't imagine he'll ever be a big draw on the lecture tour.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    What kind of success? If success is making millions upon millions... then he could've stopped at one. Being good enough at what you do... and getting millions and millions to shell out good money to watch you perform.

But having Floyd lecturing anyone on success is a bit weird, in the broader context of success.

Anybody who does what Floyd has done definitely has some good advice in there somewhere. The problem is that you have to search through the idiocy to find it. One thing that Floyd isn’t is a motivational speaker with common sense. I can’t take away from him his hard work and ability to know how to get people to watch him

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody who does what Floyd has done definitely has some good advice in there somewhere. The problem is that you have to search through the idiocy to find it. One thing that Floyd isn’t is a motivational speaker with common sense. I can’t take away from him his hard work and ability to know how to get people to watch him

I think we differ a bit on that. IMO, Floyd just "fell" into his good fortune. Not saying he didn't work hard, as I'm fully aware of his work ethic in boxing. That, plus his God-given talent, is what took him to the heights he scaled. However, the legions of people who paid to either see him win or get squashed wasn't by design. I don't think there was a contrived, planned-out effort to create this boxing persona that people either loved or loved to hate. Rather, I think it was just part of Floyd's outsized personality combined with the success he had in the ring. If only he was as smart as some people give him credit for, there might be hope for a new generation of boxing promoters that could increase the sport's popularity. But Floyd has always been about Floyd.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we differ a bit on that. IMO, Floyd just "fell" into his good fortune. Not saying he didn't work hard, as I'm fully aware of his work ethic in boxing. That, plus his God-given talent, is what took him to the heights he scaled. However, the legions of people who paid to either see him win or get squashed wasn't by design. I don't think there was a contrived, planned-out effort to create this boxing persona that people either loved or loved to hate. Rather, I think it was just part of Floyd's outsized personality combined with the success he had in the ring. If only he was as smart as some people give him credit for, there might be hope for a new generation of boxing promoters that could increase the sport's popularity. But Floyd has always been about Floyd.
    Floyd was #2 p4p behind Roy Jones and non boxing fans had no idea who he was. He was pretty boy Floyd. Him becoming the bad guy of boxing was contrived it seems. He was always good but it wasn’t until he became outspoken that he started making money. He became money Mayweather.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd was #2 p4p behind Roy Jones and non boxing fans had no idea who he was. He was pretty boy Floyd. Him becoming the bad guy of boxing was contrived it seems. He was always good but it wasn’t until he became outspoken that he started making money. He became money Mayweather.

If it was contrived, which I still don't believe, it could've easily been a member of his entourage. His trainer... his dad or uncle... or some other, more savvy business minded person looking to create a cash cow. I just don't give Mayweather any credit when it comes to that kind of mentality... and truth be told, taking advice from Floyd on his "10 rules for success" is akin to taking navigation lessons from the captain of the Titanic.

Thread Information