Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would prime Mike Tyson do against the current top heavyweights? (Joshua, Fury)

Share/Bookmark
    james16million Guest

Default How would prime Mike Tyson do against the current top heavyweights? (Joshua, Fury)

Tyson's most brutal Knockouts
    I honestly think Prime Tyson can knock out any current HW, including Fury

Last edited by james16million; 05-21-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How would prime Mike Tyson do against the current top heavyweights? (Joshua, Fury

Fury would be the hardest because of length and style. He would easily take out Wilder and I think take out AJ mid to late rounds

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How would prime Mike Tyson do against the current top heavyweights? (Joshua, Fury

Still think Tyson takes out all of them. Wilder in round 1, Fury midway, AJ is still not at his best and think he can get better.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Mike Tyson beats all bar a handful of guys ever, so naturally he would have no trouble whatsoever disposing of anybody fighting today.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Takes Wilder out early and Joshua the mid rounds.

Fury would be the most awkward for him but a prime Tyson should find a way to connect within 12 rounds which should be enough.

Fury does have skills to frustrate him but not the power to stop him.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So far it seems pretty unanimous. I'll join the chorus and say he beats all three of them. Wilder and AJ by knockout... Fury... depends. If Fury goes in there full-grappling mode he may last out a decision. He's already proven he can take a good punch.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So far it seems pretty unanimous. I'll join the chorus and say he beats all three of them. Wilder and AJ by knockout... Fury... depends. If Fury goes in there full-grappling mode he may last out a decision. He's already proven he can take a good punch.
    I think it is proven he can lose his concentration and get hurt. Cunningham is not a big puncher.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Everyone will immediately say "Tyson KO's everyone today" and yeah I mean he COULD he certainly had the power to, he had the skill to.

IF (big if) the current crop was to fight and beat Tyson here's what they would have to do to accomplish that.....

Tyson Fury: use length, tie up when Mike gets close and lean on him hard, play the usual head games, stay behind the jab, don't try anything silly stay focused. If Fury was able to do all of those things land clean punches and avoid getting hit too clean in return he would win a decision providing he didn't fight too negatively.

Anthony Joshua: Try to be more like Holyfield and less like Bruno. When Tyson gets rough you stand your ground and give some back. Pump the jab and try to slow/time his head movement. Use your size, stay in your gameplan and don't overextend on power punches as he's a counter puncher with lights out power. If AJ did that and was active with his hands he could wear Tyson down late

Deontay Wilder: BOX for the love of God, use your length, use your legs, make Tyson chase you, pour the power on LATE after giving him a little taste early. When Tyson tires his head stops moving and that is when you swing for the fences (which is still dangerous but it's either that or swing away once the fight starts and both are incredibly dangerous vs Tyson) if Wilder did all that and was extremely accurate with his punches (HA) he could score a KO providing he connected just right.

Don't hate on me, I'm just providing examples of how those guys would have to fight in order to beat Tyson. I think Tyson would probably beat all of them and he could beat them by KO or decision doesn't matter a win is a win.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strangely enough I can see Fury having the best chance of the three regardless of power. Joshua too flat footed and squared. Wilder never makes it to the ring. He starts talking that 'catching bodies leave you bloody' nonsense to Mike and they find him folded in a suitcase with that dumb mask poking out his arse and his ears gnawed off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy to say on paper how to beat another boxer, but being in the ring and having to deal with it, that's obviously another story.

Tyson was constant aggression, that could last the whole fight, closing you down. Fast punches on target that you may not see, hurt you the most.

Aren't we talking about the first version of Tyson that lasted for just over 2 years, not the second version which didn't have the same head movement, or the third version which was a 4 round world champion and a smaller version of George Foreman.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are saying that Fury would have the best chance or would be the most awkward and I get why.
    But what we have to factor in is that Fury looks technically good and awkward compared against this era against relatively speaking lesser quality Boxers.
    It doesn’t mean he is going to be awkward against a prime Tyson or any really good /great HW’s . Tyson was extremely accurate with great timing and freakish power with minimal torque.
    He might just get caught and KO’d in the 1st round. He does have heart and get back up when he’s down, but I would suggest Tyson is a far more concussive puncher than Cunningham and Wilder.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    People are saying that Fury would have the best chance or would be the most awkward and I get why.
    But what we have to factor in is that Fury looks technically good and awkward compared against this era against relatively speaking lesser quality Boxers.
    It doesn’t mean he is going to be awkward against a prime Tyson or any really good /great HW’s . Tyson was extremely accurate with great timing and freakish power with minimal torque.
    He might just get caught and KO’d in the 1st round. He does have heart and get back up when he’s down, but I would suggest Tyson is a far more concussive puncher than Cunningham and Wilder.
    I think mainly because Fury would have a huge height advantage and would gameplan to use his length to touch Tyson with his jab and then grab him once he got close. I agree though that it’s a tough ask for Fury to last the fight, but he is tough and may be able to frustrate Tyson. I think Tyson wins, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked at an upset.

AJ doesn’t have the boxing ability to keep Tyson on the end of his jab and circle the whole fight. And AJ would not win a fire fight.

Wilder has such a bad style match up so I honestly can see it ending in the first round. Three rounds max.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson was terrific against the oponants he faced , he lost every fight when he got hit back. Who did Tyson beat of any real note ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Tyson KO's all. Past it Tyson loses to all, oh, the irony.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Tyson was terrific against the oponants he faced , he lost every fight when he got hit back. Who did Tyson beat of any real note ?

Ruddock hit him pretty hard and still lost to Mike. Just sayin'

Thread Information