Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WBC to "investigate" Deontay Wilder's comments on wanting to kill an opponent!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WBC to "investigate" Deontay Wilder's comments on wanting to kill an opponent!

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC to "investigate" Deontay Wilder's comments on wanting to kill an opponent!

when you have only sold 8 tickets then say something contraversial to sell a few more.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC to "investigate" Deontay Wilder's comments on wanting to kill an opponent!

"if he's not dead then it don't count"
    Tyson

"Ill do whatever it takes to win, bite him use voodoo."
    Livingstone Bramble

He's gonna have to kill me to walk out with that belt"
    Gerald McCellan on Julian Jackson

"He'll have to kill me to get my respect."
    James Toney 1st loss to Peters

I wonder if Gerald & James quotes could've been considered as requesting to be assisted in suicide.

Just curious, let's say he punches Brezealle so hard he falls into a coma, then passes away, could they charge Wilder with murder because of his words going into the fight?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck Wilder. He’s so desperate for attention he’ll say anything to sell the fight n is delusional about how great he thinks he is. Just a thug with a big mouth and a big punch.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is just words. At the end of the day you hype a fight and no doubt want to hurt the opponent too. Don't tell me boxing is now becoming politically correct. Nobody wants anybody to die, but we are at the end of the day watching people who are trying to physically hurt one another. If you don't like it, watch golf.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It is just words. At the end of the day you hype a fight and no doubt want to hurt the opponent too. Don't tell me boxing is now becoming politically correct. Nobody wants anybody to die, but we are at the end of the day watching people who are trying to physically hurt one another. If you don't like it, watch golf.
    It's about respect. Respect for Boxing as much as your opponent. Not boasting about wanting to kill your opponent, is not an example of political correctness. 'It's just words' is not a defence when it is the words you just said that are the issue. It's about taking responsibility for your actions and words are part of those actions. You just sound like a millennial when you deny this simple fact.

The WBC investigating anything is a joke but Wilder is a prick and does not deserve a moment of anybodies sympathy for acting like a knob.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    It's about respect. Respect for Boxing as much as your opponent. Not boasting about wanting to kill your opponent, is not an example of political correctness. 'It's just words' is not a defence when it is the words you just said that are the issue. It's about taking responsibility for your actions and words are part of those actions. You just sound like a millennial when you deny this simple fact.

The WBC investigating anything is a joke but Wilder is a prick and does not deserve a moment of anybodies sympathy for acting like a knob.
    It is boxing and people have said mean things plenty of times over the years. At the end of the day you are enjoying a sport where people get hurt. The words hurt nobody and that is what you seem to miss. If you do not want to see people get hurt or even use scary words then I recommend going somewhere else for your kicks. When people get knocked out they are getting hurt and fans seem to enjoy this. It is the fists that hurt, not words. The words merely hype up the inevitable violence. Boxing is violence.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is boxing and people have said mean things plenty of times over the years. At the end of the day you are enjoying a sport where people get hurt. The words hurt nobody and that is what you seem to miss. If you do not want to see people get hurt or even use scary words then I recommend going somewhere else for your kicks. When people get knocked out they are getting hurt and fans seem to enjoy this. It is the fists that hurt, not words. The words merely hype up the inevitable violence. Boxing is violence.
    Boxing is not about deliberately killing someone and shows no class. Stupid idiot should be fined.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I “like” Boxing. I don’t “like” Wankers talking horse shit. You’re almost saying this is part of the sport. Well it’s not. What Wilder said has nothing to do with Boxing . It has to all to do with somebody being a complete and utter Wanker.
    I know I sound offended by this, but really I’m not. In reality, I shake my head at how pathetic a twat Wilder is.
    The only thing that offends me about all of this is that he isn’t even any good, why are we even listening to him?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This doesn't fall under the throw away of 'just fight hype'. Watch the full pressers, the guys a cartoon stereotype getting ignorant flippantly talking about the worst aspect of the sport and those who have been literally fallen silent while participating in it. No 'fight hype' or even words for a McClellen or a Stevenson or countless others now. He and his brother launched into verbal tirades against the mans wife and kids ffs. Not online in person! Wilders a punk in an obvious mismatch who lost his last fight now just talking out his arse.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But what would the WBC investigate? Unless they have an idea that Wilder or Wilder's team plans to do something to Breazeale to make him not perform...

To be honest, hurting a man in the ring can be the easiest thing or the hardest thing. People make it seem as if Wilder can actually do that to Breazeale and Breazeale would stand there and let Wilder kill him?

Jesus, give SOME credit to Breazeale.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Boxing is not about deliberately killing someone and shows no class. Stupid idiot should be fined.
    Anytime you knock somebody out the potential is there that they do not get up. Punches are thrown with mean intentions with the intention to inflict maximum damage. I am quite sure Wilder would have preferred Fury did not make that count.

I do not think he seriously wants to kill anyone, but as usual language police busy bodies just want to be outraged by something. You are basically now calling fight hype hate speech and asking for penalties.

You know there is very little chance of anyone getting killed, so get over it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    But what would the WBC investigate? Unless they have an idea that Wilder or Wilder's team plans to do something to Breazeale to make him not perform...

To be honest, hurting a man in the ring can be the easiest thing or the hardest thing. People make it seem as if Wilder can actually do that to Breazeale and Breazeale would stand there and let Wilder kill him?

Jesus, give SOME credit to Breazeale.

THIS.

Investigate what?? Wilder said it..... it was pretty damn stupid..... end of investigation. The WBC looks even more retarded than it already is, when they talk about "investigating" anything.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

About as close as one can get to killing a man with one punch. I've watched it four times in the past 30 minutes.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information