Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prime Mayweather vs Prime Pacquiao. I think Floyd would dominate Manny even worse

Share/Bookmark
    james16million Guest

Default Prime Mayweather vs Prime Pacquiao. I think Floyd would dominate Manny even worse

Floyd Mayweather is much older than Pacquiao (although Pacquiao has been in more "wars" in boxing and was probably more out of prime), but there are many reasons why I think Prime Floyd would smoke Pacquiao even worse.

Main reasons
    -Prime Floyd was more aggressive. When he was Pretty Boy Floyd, he knocked people out and had a perfectly healthy hand
    -Prime Floyd was more faster and had quicker reflexes
    -Floyd smoked Canelo and Marquez, who knocked out Pacquiao
    -Floyd hit way harder in his prime

Last edited by Fenster; 05-23-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Mayweather vs Prime Pacquiao. I think Floyd would dominate Manny even worse

I go back and forth on this question. Floyd is an ATG, and the naturally larger man (which I feel is his major advantage). I also feel that there was a time where he pressed his advantage and went for the knockout, especially against opponents who were his size and smaller (can’t blame him for not trying to k.o. larger guys like Oscar, Canelo, and Baldomir).

Prime Manny was a force, however, so I’m not convinced Floyd stops, or even beats him. Not saying Manny is the definite winner either, but I think that fight is much closer and debatable in 2009/10. When fighters are in full stride, like both of those guys were at that time, they are very difficult to beat, never mind stopping them. Unfortunately, we will never know how that fight would’ve gone at this point.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Mayweather vs Prime Pacquiao. I think Floyd would dominate Manny even worse

Manny wins, Floyd was intimidated by Pac Man.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    yep, Makes sense. He was so intimidated by him that he fucking schooled him!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Prime, primo which is about 2009.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Their common opponent was DelaHoya, PAcman despite being much smaller stopped him, whilst Mayweather did well to get through the fight with a points win.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Their common opponent was DelaHoya, PAcman despite being much smaller stopped him, whilst Mayweather did well to get through the fight with a points win.
    I don't disagree with you here, but do feel that Oscar was further from his prime vs Manny than he was vs Floyd. The weight cut to 147 for Oscar, at that age/wear & tear, had an adverse affect on him. You see that often when older fighters cut too much weight or have a difficult cut (Riddick Bowe vs Golota, Roy vs Tarver 1, Chris Byrd dropping to Lt. Heavy...etc.).

Again, I feel that in 2009/10 Manny vs Floyd is a very competitive and intriguing fight, just want to be fair to both guys when comparing common opponents. Conversely, I feel that Cotto was closer to his prime when he fought Manny than he was when he fought Floyd. Styles and "getting up" for specific fights also play a factor in my mind, and I feel a solid case can be made for either guy presenting a significant problem to the other prime vs prime.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel bad for people that think it would even be competitive if Floyd was in his prime. Think of what Roach thought gave Manny a chance “Floyd’s legs are gone” “Floyd’s legs are gone” “Floyd’s legs are gone”.

Floyd out of his prime made Manny reach because of his superior ring intellect. Floyd with his legs makes Manny look foolish. Well, more foolish, because he made the fight so darned easy as it was.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When the fight was first pushed to happen, I predicted a Floyd KO. I still believe that. I don’t think Pacquiao has the style to beat Floyd.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I feel bad for people that think it would even be competitive if Floyd was in his prime. Think of what Roach thought gave Manny a chance “Floyd’s legs are gone” “Floyd’s legs are gone” “Floyd’s legs are gone”.

Floyd out of his prime made Manny reach because of his superior ring intellect. Floyd with his legs makes Manny look foolish. Well, more foolish, because he made the fight so darned easy as it was.
    First, I find it admirable that you are sympathetic to those of us who feel it would be a close fight. When individuals with obvious superior intellect remain humble and care about the little people, it speaks volumes to that genius’s character. For all of us who are so inferior, please allow me to thank you for your patience, understanding, and sympathy.

Second, even though I know it doesn’t fit your narrative, I just can’t help but remember a prime Floyd struggling with Jose Luis Castillo, who I don’t think is better than prime Manny. Additionally, I seem to remember a prime Floyd having some rough patches vs Corley and Judah. While it is true that Floyd eventually adjusted and dominated both southpaws, I feel that they were levels below a prime Manny.

So, while I think Floyd should have always been the favorite, I can see a case for Manny winning and DEFINITELY feel it is a closer fight prime vs prime. One punch can change everything, however, so the right counter by Floyd or the right shot from Manny could end the fight for either.

james16million Guest

No one in this era can beat Floyd in his prime. Maybe in fab four era

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly , you said he was intimidated , which is plain fucking ridiculous. Secondly, I can’t remember anyone beating Floyd around 2009. Forget about “gave him trouble” or “made him work” and any other meaningless bullshit.
    Finally, Ricky Hatton fought them both around this time, Pac ko’d Him early , Floyd stopped him late. You’d think he’d go for Manny right? WRONG! He always said Floyd would beat Manny because he’s just too fucking good in any moment in time.
    One thing I will concede is that if they fought today, Manny would definitely win. I suppose that’s why they won’t be fighting doh.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Primo Carnera;1519763]
    Firstly , you said he was intimidated , which is plain fucking ridiculous. Secondly, I can’t remember anyone beating Floyd around 2009. Forget about “gave him trouble” or “made him work” and any other meaningless bullshit.
    Finally, Ricky Hatton fought them both around this time, Pac ko’d Him early , Floyd stopped him late. You’d think he’d go for Manny right? WRONG! He always said Floyd would beat Manny because he’s just too fucking good in any moment in time.
    One thing I will concede is that if they fought today, Manny would definitely win. I suppose that’s why they won’t be fighting doh.[/

Wasn’t Floyd retired in 2009?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes If they fought now I'd pic Pac.

Prime Floyd against the Manny that beat Hatton would be a hell of a fight and we'd find out just how good PBF's defensive skills are.

Who'd win ? Dunno. A proper clash of styles but if I had to put any money on a fighter I would very very slightly edge towards Pac
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime May wins.

It seems Pac's exciting style has led some to claim it's skill, it's not.
    Looking at the style of Morales countering Pac & bloodied him. JMM 1st fights counters his way into a draw. Countering is PBF's specialty.

Thinking back on Pac's fight with Larios, who took it the distance had a 2 inch reach, where Floyd has like 3 1/2, he'd use that as well to his advantage.

Pac in his prime was considered as having bad balance, where I prefer to say, he just wanted to get the last shot in, regardless of his position/footing. Roach corrected that, to which I think a wild swinging Pac would've been tougher for Floyd than a calculated one.

And looking at how patient Pac was against MAB, that prime Pac waits...and loses just as bad.

Prime Pac IMO never out boxed, he just outlasted, out hustled, out gutted his foes, throwing lightening fast combos from any direction. Maybe this goes 2-0 with Pac getting credit in 1st fight for throwing a bazillion punches, but not really landing.
    Floyd hears the bad call chants...gives rematch and does a similar job in the Castillo fight. Patient, methodical, counters using his reach and timing to defeat Pac in a 2nd fight that is somewhat dull compared to the 1st one!
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 05-23-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information