1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz 2

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    One thing I meant to say earlier on, this was a done deal by Wilder’s TV People. If you watch in the ring after the Brezeale fight, they got Ortiz in there and tried to talk up a rematch . I’m not into defending Wilder too much , but to be fair, he more or less ignored it and walked out of the ring and left Ortiz there, all in all making it a bit of a damp squib.
    I don’t reckon Wilder was on board with it and pretty disinterested, so I won’t use the fact the he’s fighting Ortiz to say he’s ducking anyone, because I don’t reckon he’s that excited by this fight.

The Showtime TV guy, Jim Gray, mugged Wilder off in the interview saying - "nobody wants to see you fight Ortiz again," whilst Ortiz was in the ring.

Nothing to do with the TV company wanting it, quite the opposite, Wilder chose Ortiz, he walked out thanks to Jim Gray not letting them sell shit nobody wants (barring Wilder groupies).
    I might be wrong, but I thought he said "nobody wants to see you fight Brezeale" and that's why Brezeale walked off? he may have mentioned Ortiz as well, but that would be strange as they even made a half baked effort at interviewing him in the ring. I might be wrong, i'll have to try to find it on you tube.
    Just found it he said people don't want to see Brezeale, Ruiz or the guy that Fury is fighting, he didn't name Ortiz but he was definitely getting at the fact that people only wanna see Wilder, AJ & Fury fighting and no one else
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5HzbizAjs
    Yeah just had the chance to see it again, 4.06 into the vid. I thought that was the case. Like I said, if you watch it in full (after this vid finishes) , you can see that Wilder was pretty disinterested in Ortiz.
    I think he’s been told he’s fighting Ortiz. I’m not sticking up for Wilder, because I still reckon (and hope) that Joshua sparks him and that Fury beats him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a big fight will happen between the big 3 early 2020. Wilder after he beats Ortiz, Fury after the German and possibly Whyte, and AJ and whoever Eddie has lined for him late 2019.

There will be an auction to fight Wilder for his WBC title by Fury and AJ. Both will offer Wilder a fortune for this window of opportunity.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think a big fight will happen between the big 3 early 2020. Wilder after he beats Ortiz, Fury after the German and possibly Whyte, and AJ and whoever Eddie has lined for him late 2019.

There will be an auction to fight Wilder for his WBC title by Fury and AJ. Both will offer Wilder a fortune for this window of opportunity.
    Wake me up when 2 of the 3 are fighting against each other in the same ring.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte COLUMN: Deontay Wilder is a ‘s***house’, my response to Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr verdict

Deontay Wilder has ducked once again. If people don’t believe he’s running from the big fights by now, then I don’t know what to tell them.

He’s fighting Luis Ortiz again because he’s a s***house. It’s the easiest of fights for him.

Ortiz is a fake bogeyman. His best win by far was over Bryant Jennings who has been knocked out by my next opponent, the unbeaten Oscar Rivas. There’s this myth that the ancient Ortiz is avoided but the reality is that he has turned down multiple offers to fight me. I even have some sympathy for Anthony Joshua as Ortiz turns down fights and then waits until the opponent has another fight arranged before claiming that they are avoiding him. He rejected over $7million to face AJ this coming Saturday. I guarantee he’s getting a lot less than that for the Wilder rematch. It makes no sense.

After Wilder beat Dominic Breazeale, Ortiz somehow ended up in the ring and looked old, frail and confused. After hanging around for a few minutes looking lost, he was helped out of the ring by his carers and was overheard talking to himself in Spanish: “Where am I? Who are all these people? What are they doing in my house?”

Wilder has already beaten him and he knows he’ll beat him even quicker this time. What’s the point of fighting an old aged pensioner again? It’s just cruel.

Wilder previously told me that “I’m going to make you wait two years to fight me and there’s nothing you can do about it”. I’ve been WBC number one and silver champion for 575 days now but he is allowed to continue dodging me. How can you be number one and not get that fight with the champion for that long? Tell me, what is the point of the rankings?

Wilder has been WBC champion for nearly four-and-a-half years and he’s only fought two mandatory challengers in that time, both of them undeserving and cherry-picked and who lasted less than a round each. Something is badly wrong there. He acts like he calls the shots with the WBC and can say and do as he pleases.

I want Wilder bad, especially after all of this nonsense. After all the time I’ve spent chasing the WBC belt, I want that above all else.

Tyson Fury has been spouting off again, calling me a ‘bum’ and now saying he’s not interested in fighting me.

He’s the one who called me out in the first place so there’s no way that he can pull out now – whatever he says in public. He asked for the Diamond belt and the WBC have agreed to put it on the line, so there can be no more excuses.

He made the demands to the WBC and he’s got what he wanted. So let’s get it on in the Autumn, after I have dealt with Rivas on July 20.

Fury likes to say he will do this, he will do that, he will knock me out. Well, this is a chance for him to prove to people all the things he has been saying. I’m 100% confident that I’ll put him to sleep. Is he the Gypsy King or the Gypsy Coward?

His trainer, Ben Davison, says I’m not the toughest fight for Tyson Fury. Who the hell is Ben Davison? He got lucky. He’s just a yes man. He does whatever Tyson Fury wants him to and makes him feel a certain type of way. He’s more a fluffer than a trainer. Don’t get me wrong, Ben’s a nice guy but I just don’t think he has enough experience to control Tyson.

Peter Fury was the real taskmaster and the real grafter. He gave Tyson the discipline and got him to a certain place in his career. Davison just swooped in and stole Peter Fury’s years of hard work. Davison hasn’t improved Tyson at all. He’s still doing the same things he was taught by his uncle.

We all know Tyson has his broadcast deal with ESPN and Top Rank’s Bob Arum has previously claimed that Fury’s next three fights are going to take place in America. Well, me vs Fury is a massive fight. I’m sure they would make an exception to have that take place in the UK. If not, I’d be happy to fight him in the US or anywhere, anytime, on any TV channel.

I’m also delighted to announce that the IBC (Imaginary Boxing Commission) have just confirmed that their Super Lineal Champion Title is going to be on the line too when I face Tyson!

Tyson, stop talking rubbish, and let’s go baby!!

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...jr-tyson-fury/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is to blame for all this.

Fighting a drug cheat 52 year old man again..Let’s hope Wilder gets ironed out in 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder pitched this as 'all the controversy needs to be set right' or something along those lines. Not sure what he means by that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Wilder pitched this as 'all the controversy needs to be set right' or something along those lines. Not sure what he means by that.
    Probably the controversy that he got a long break after getting hurt in their first fight.

I’m not that interested in a rematch, but I will say that Wilder is very brave to take the rematch.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not my first choice.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where am I? Who are all these people? What are they doing in my house?”

The IBC

Never realised Whyte was such a funny bloke (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rumor is contracts have been signed for

Wilder v Ortiz II

AND ALREADY SIGNED FOR

Wilder v Fury II

F me this guy just lines up fights if true. I don’t like him but F you have to respect him, again, if true(unlike other HWs)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Rumor is contracts have been signed for

Wilder v Ortiz II

AND ALREADY SIGNED FOR

Wilder v Fury II

F me this guy just lines up fights if true. I don’t like him but F you have to respect him, again, if true(unlike other HWs)
    If that is true, I respect that a lot.

Thread Information