Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "racist"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "racist"

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...n-english-city

Cleese, 79, tweeted that his friends abroad agreed with his observation, concluding: “So there must be some truth in it.”

The actor later issued a qualified apology following widespread condemnation. In a string of tweets countering accusations that his initial tweet was linked to race, he said: “I suspect I should apologise for my affection for the Englishness of my upbringing, but in some ways I found it calmer, more polite, more humorous, less tabloid, and less money-oriented than the one that is replacing it.”
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-30-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

If a city is 41% foreign born then isn't Cleese just making a factual observation? Indeed, if he is happy living among non-white people is he also still racist? Would I be racist for suggesting that if Tokyo becomes a majority white city that Japanese culture has been reduced? Does it mean one is now racist against white people? It all gets so silly.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No John Cheese is not making a factual observation at all. He is opining. London is still in England. It is therefore still an English city. A city is more than the people that live in it but you can hardly expect the capital city of any country to be free of people from outside of it's borders. When Cleese said this in 2011 and London was awarded the Olympics you would have thought the magnificent job done by another non-Englsih person in Danny Boyle in showcasing Great Britain to the world in 2012, might have allowed him a smidgeon of Pride in his home country and it's capital city, but no, it seems some English people will moan whatever happens and seek to have their version of English culture define what it really is for everyone else.

Watson, the gobby bastard step-child of a human beetroot and a droopy lipped pouting skinny vault boy soyboy hipster is predictably eager to add in his own ex-pat spin to pretend that Cheese was endorsing his own actual overt racism. 'White British People' seem to be top of his list of required box ticking to qualify someone as English. So presumably Black or Asian British people don't count. Does that mean white Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish White British people counting as English now as long as they live in London? His first predictable shot away from his irony failing pro globalist map background is of Muslim women..Hooray! can't possibly be Engish..because? They are not wearing bowler hats? Straight out with the strawman 'i am the victim' argument of 'England is the most English City' which nobody has made in order to push his own fascist nationalist agenda.

It is a common putrid tactic of the most vociferous of ex-pats to want to lie like this and he carries on in the same way with his false assertion that the mainstream Dom Joly is not only a fawning left wing comedian but that he is now condemning John Cleese an actor, writer and Comedian Joly was clear about admiring but chose to disagree with on this point. That is how duplicitous the scrawny cunt has to be in order to work his fans into a xenophobic fervour. Not content he than has to use another favourite tactic of racist ex-pats in pretending that Joly must himself be racist, because despite being born in Beirut and living in London until just before the birth of his kids. Living in a part of England with a 95% white population means not only that the even more ignorant old school versions of racism non-white,non-English people have to put up with there don't exist but again being white is what being English is all about.

Can you see a theme emerging?

Doubling down ,living in a British colony in which you can buy your citizenship, amazingly only by investing in the poisonous sugar trade (that enslaved it inhabitants) is now apparantly proof that nobody living there can be racist. Why? because they have a convenient ready made pool of black friends to point to when needed presumably. The whole argument these racist ex-pat bigots espouse is then encapsulated in an oft repeated inversion of the truth.

Watson suggests that merely having a different opinion or pointing out the racist or bigoted views of others is now virtue signalling. The reality of course is that it is those ex-pats like Watson and Cleese who are virtue signalling their own 'Englishness' in this faux concern for a country they do not give a flying fuck about. You could hardly be more inauthentic or unpatriotic than abandoning the country you supposedly love because you think there are not enough white people in it's capital city.

This is not enough though.

Watson then trebles down by again suggesting that being non-white is not English with his knife crime fetishization.

You can dress it up as you like. Cheese does not seem to be a racist and certainly nobody has called him an 'Evil racist' ...(well Fenster has but I am sure he was quoting a real person and not his own opinion)

But Watson

and many, many ex-pats

are quite clearly

Racist cunts.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard a couple of people use that Tokyo/Japan comparison, they were called racists as it implies you think "Englishness" means white. And the common theme is nothing defines white Englishness or Britishness apart from being evil racists.

What winds me up is people can't offer their own experiences and observations without some 20-30 year-old "educated victim" telling them they're an evil cunt who owes them something.

Old girl, born in London, rings radio station to say - I agree with Cleese, nobody talks English anymore at bus stops and shops, nobody even smiles at me, it used to be more friendly, the white people don't speak English (she obviously means all the Eastern Euros) - she's an evil racist.

Middle age black man (windrush parents), born in London, says - I agree with Cleese, people used to offer the elderly/disabled a seat on public transport, hold doors open, now they stare out the windows or at their phones - he's an uncle Tom.

An old Asian/Indian man, lived in London 50 years, says - I agree with Cleese, driving has become unbearable, all they do his honk the horn and shout, rush, rush, rush like back home. So many people.

Now, when one or two people say it we can brush it off as paranoia/personal feelings, it's common for people to confuse their own personal lives with the wider reality, however, when fucking thousands are saying the same thing, then maybe they have a point.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-31-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, why do people like Dom, Lily, Billy Bragg and the like choose to live in a 96% white area, though? Old English country towns/villages, isolated, beautiful places?

What is different from the majority asian/muslim areas? Black? Eastern European?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I've heard a couple of people use that Tokyo/Japan comparison, they were called racists as it implies you think "Englishness" means white. And the common theme is nothing defines white Englishness or Britishness apart from being evil racists.

What winds me up is people can't offer their own experiences and observations without some 20-30 year-old "educated victim" telling them they're an evil cunt who owes them something.

Old girl, born in London, rings radio station to say - I agree with Cleese, nobody talks English anymore at bus stops and shops, nobody even smiles at me, it used to be more friendly, the white people don't speak English (she obviously means all the Eastern Euros) - she's an evil racist.

Middle age black man (windrush parents), born in London, says - I agree with Cleese, people used to offer the elderly/disabled a seat on public transport, hold doors open, now they stare out the windows or at their phones - he's an uncle Tom.

An old Asian/Indian man, lived in London 50 years, says - I agree with Cleese, driving has become unbearable, all they do his honk the horn and shout, rush, rush, rush like back home. So many people.

Now, when one or two people say it we can brush it off as paranoia/personal feelings, it's common for people to confuse their own personal lives with the wider reality, however, when fucking thousands are saying the same thing, then maybe they have a point.
    The Tokyo/Japan thing is not a great comparison to make though. Many Japanese are notoriously racist. Racist ironically mainly because the country itself was run by those seeking to ape white, mainly colonial powers after years of resisting outside influences. Just like many of the countries Japan rushed to emulate may not have been the greatest example to copy, I don't think Japan and Tokyo are some kind of ideal to strive toward either.

Yes of course there will be idiots calling any conversation about the changing demographics of Britain an example of 'Evil Racists' but it is just as misleading to pretend they represent a seismic portion of British society as it is to pretend that all Brits are racist. I am just as exasperated at false outrage from those across the political spectrum, at perceived sleights and injustices that are not only directed toward them, but often quite benign and valid opinions. It does not mean though that when professional agitators like Watson use the same outrage tactics to pretend to speak for people who clearly do not share their vacuous stupidity, they should not be challenged on such assumptions.

A lot of the complaints you related seem to be about society in general across the west. There are plenty of really rude horrible old people around and plenty of white English bastards of all ages.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, why do people like Dom, Lily, Billy Bragg and the like choose to live in a 96% white area, though? Old English country towns/villages, isolated, beautiful places?

What is different from the majority asian/muslim areas? Black? Eastern European?
    Why do I speak for them? Honestly ask yourself why would I know?

Maybe because when you get older, and specifically when you have kids, you do not want to put up with the sheer volume of people, traffic and hecticness that defines living in a big city. When you have kids you usually need a larger property and the practicalities of bringing up kids , the school run, sleepless nights etc makes commuting a non-option. So you move. I lived in a tent in Biggin Hill and then a shared room in a house in Bromley for about 8 months but I could not have afforded to move into anywhere bigger if I had kids back then. Even though I was earning very good money.

If you think that living in what you consider a typically Old English country town or village is an indication of those moving there being racist (and i know you don't but that is precisely the argument PJW and other racist ex-pats make) then that seems to me to be projection.

Why didn't you ask about Black British celebrity moving out into the countryside?

Big cities even with largely white populations are inevitably going to have more crime, pollution etc.

Billy Bragg is just a bloke from Barking who happens to be a musician whose lives are defined by playing traveling for much of there working lives often to a new town every night for months at a time. He is also a brilliant example of somebody who loves, documents and celebrates England. Why should that mean he has to live in the place where he was born?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a racial element to that argument, but by the same token you could say 'What if Tokyo became dominated by Filipinos?' it would still mean the loss of traditional Japanese culture. There is nothing wrong with being foreign, but it is inarguable that it dilutes a native culture. My mate is married to a Filipino and she brings with her the culture and even family. It is understandable. If you import 10 million version of me, Walrus, and Lyle, you are not like to be getting much J-pop or anime fetishism going on. At least I am good enough to only import albums. In my case you would be getting Morrissey, Partridge, and Orwell. Interestingly enough The Guardian gave the new Morrissey album a predicable drubbing. It is of course a solid covers album and his voice is as good as always.

I also dispute the argument that 'Many Japanese are notoriously racist'. That is in itself a pretty bigoted generalisation to make and from someone who has never set foot inside Japan despite saying he would like to go. I know people who live in Japan and have families there and are quite content and not moaning about excessive racism. I have been there several times myself and always had a very pleasant time and been helped when lost every time as I cannot navigate. My only complaint is the food as I am a picky eater, but otherwise, it is a beautiful country, but I am sure there are some good old fashioned racists like anywhere.

The irony here though is that the ones The Guardian quotes as having an issue with Cleese are indeed all leafy white suburbs types. Lily Allen still hasn't taken in a migrant yet either. What a racist! At least John Cleese is honest. I think the left likes to virtue signal a lot and use others tax money, but would never really want to live in a no go zone or open their house to a non background checked economic migrant. Otherwise, they really would just do it.

Cleese says the UK has gone wrong and has left and good for him I say.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You dispute the fact that anyone can be racist unless you deem them to be. That is the ludicrousness of your argument. There are few bigger virtue signalers on the forum than you, an ex-pat bigging up the English who choose to leave rather than stay and fight for, and contribute towards, the type of England they want.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, i'm asking your opinion about white people who choose to live in all-white parts of the country, that's all. Attempting to understand it? Lovely spacious villages? Farms? Acres of land? Wonderful islolated coastal towns? Beautiful beaches. Church bells. Fish and chips. Heaven.

You often defend the privileged, rich and famous, that's all. Feel free to add any rich black/asian hypocrite to the white celebrities roster i've named.

Did these people ever scout Tower Hamlets for a home? Wonder why?

El Kabong Guest

I'm sure John Cleese isn't some sort of White Supremacist Nazi figure and there's surely a good explanation for his misspeaking/wrongthink....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I merely pointed out that you have no experience of Japan. I do have experience of living in several non multicultural and multicultural British cities and have visited many countries thus I find it easy to compare and contrast and then of course add data to the picture. Your comment was pure unmerited bigotry/racism and you do it all the time. So welcome to club racist. If I wasn't married I would probably have moved to Japan myself. Nowhere is perfect but I guarantee you won't get ripped off or feel hard done by by anyone if you go. It's a lovely and safe place.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I merely pointed out that you have no experience of Japan. I do have experience of living in several non multicultural and multicultural British cities and have visited many countries thus I find it easy to compare and contrast and then of course add data to the picture. Your comment was pure unmerited bigotry/racism and you do it all the time. So welcome to club racist. If I wasn't married I would probably have moved to Japan myself. Nowhere is perfect but I guarantee you won't get ripped off or feel hard done by by anyone if you go. It's a lovely and safe place.
    I am not disputing the fact that you may have lived somewhere other than Yorkshire, but that does not make you an expert, or my opinion some kind of feeble conjecture based on ignorance. Many of my family have lived all over the world. Sometimes being schooled there, living with indigenous people and often studying the very cultures you love to opine on, and it is quite clear that racism can be found anywhere. It is not bigotry or racist to point out how racist many Japanese people are, that is simply a fact, you in you rush to virtue signal your worthiness, insist on censoring and trying to bury under the carpet.

My comment about racist Asians was based on conversations and interactions for 30 years with my Dads second wife, who is Asian. After meeting her and marrying her in the Solomon islands, my old man lived in Japan for a whole and has been back many times. But no...you had to assume i was being the type of person you love to hate.

It gets pretty tiresome.

Of course anyone can be racist. I can remember when visiting my brother in Kelvin Glasgow and going down to the local off license being so taken aback by not just the fact it was all barred up, and that they handed you the booze through a hatch like a bank, at the speed and strength of the little Indian ladies Glaswegian accent, I nearly burst out laughing. Does that make me a racist? Maybe? Who cares?

Everyone is a hypocrite if they are truly human. It's good to recognise that.

I shall probably go to Japan in 2021 with the other half for our 50th.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I'm sure John Cleese isn't some sort of White Supremacist Nazi figure and there's surely a good explanation for his misspeaking/wrongthink....

It's called Free Speech and respecting the fact that someone can have a different opinion to you. That is part of being English. You should try it. PJW does not seem to understand that. Which is why he is not a great example of an Englishman.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information