Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Body and fat shaming Andy Ruiz is pathetic!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Body and fat shaming Andy Ruiz is pathetic!

Stop calling Ruiz fat he has enough on his plate.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Ruiz comes off as one of the more legitimately confident tubby fighters. There have been far worse with even less ability. Prior to Miller inserting both of his feet into his big mouth and god knows what in his arse cheek there were some who had no problems with his ever expanding sweat pants at 315. I mean really, raise your hand from your couch if you've ever gone 12 hard rounds.
    That’s the issue with the HW division though. It’s the only division where you can get into shape but eat whatever you want and mess up your body and still be one of the top guys. HW division is generally the worst because of this. Ever notice why the top fighters never look like Ruiz? Because those that are serious about being on top will be disciplined enough to not look like that.

And I hate the body type argument. There are different types of bodies but I’ve never seen an in shape and healthy eater look like that. They may not have a six pack or even look rock solid, but they at least look semi fit.
    Sure it is true we often do judge a guy or gal on appearance be it in the ring or bobbling down the sidewalks. Heavyweights would seem to be limitless on the scale and first thought that rotund is..oh great not commitment here. But I wouldn't say great expanses are limited to hvys as now so many guys leap divisions or do cw or simply blow weight in short time. Wonder how many hvys drain down to scale and come in 20 lbs additional?

I just want an honest effort at the top level, good fights. It's not a bikini contest and if we've learned anything it's that looks can be deceiving in every weight class. I'm not convinced a stripped down less chubber version of Ruiz would be a better fighter or take as good a shot or have the same motor. I mean look back at say the 90's and the gaggle of sculpted guys that really never measured up or were sucking air like a fish on land. Saw a tubby Tony Tubbs clown a svelte Riddick Bowe and get robbed for it once. Honestly a few of the top guys today have some hips hangeth over and c cups. Some can box circles, and others hit there built in Zab Judah stamina peak and lumber around.

Not to get silly with it but on the flip side, when is too much too much in bulk and body adonis. Now Joshua is a physical specimen and hard work and fitness speaks for itself. But has there been a time the conditioning is suspect, and how's he do with all that muscled mass in the legs when consistently pushed at a fast pace. He took a dip in with Wlad and proved he had gears coming back but a fast churning worker will keep him moving. Not entirely sold Ruiz Jr is close to being the one but again be it a big baby Huey body type or a mountain of muscle, easier to judge a guy on work done and effort given

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He went 12 rounds with Parker what I remember he did push Parker I don't think he is a bum at all.
    AJ will be to much for him Ruiz is a decent enough opponent hell it's boxing anything can happen.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, Ruiz is fat

However, Joshua is naturally a skinny and lanky guy. I've seen old photos of him, plus look at his calves, wrists and hands. Funny how nobody says anything much about that huge weight and muscle gain
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats right X. Even if he was fairly jacked up as a a young man, maintaining the body and size he has while being fit to fight 12 rounds is really suspect. I would put money on him being on stuff.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz comes off as one of the more legitimately confident tubby fighters. There have been far worse with even less ability. Prior to Miller inserting both of his feet into his big mouth and god knows what in his arse cheek there were some who had no problems with his ever expanding sweat pants at 315. I mean really, raise your hand from your couch if you've ever gone 12 hard rounds.
    That’s the issue with the HW division though. It’s the only division where you can get into shape but eat whatever you want and mess up your body and still be one of the top guys. HW division is generally the worst because of this. Ever notice why the top fighters never look like Ruiz? Because those that are serious about being on top will be disciplined enough to not look like that.

And I hate the body type argument. There are different types of bodies but I’ve never seen an in shape and healthy eater look like that. They may not have a six pack or even look rock solid, but they at least look semi fit.
    Sure it is true we often do judge a guy or gal on appearance be it in the ring or bobbling down the sidewalks. Heavyweights would seem to be limitless on the scale and first thought that rotund is..oh great not commitment here. But I wouldn't say great expanses are limited to hvys as now so many guys leap divisions or do cw or simply blow weight in short time. Wonder how many hvys drain down to scale and come in 20 lbs additional?

I just want an honest effort at the top level, good fights. It's not a bikini contest and if we've learned anything it's that looks can be deceiving in every weight class. I'm not convinced a stripped down less chubber version of Ruiz would be a better fighter or take as good a shot or have the same motor. I mean look back at say the 90's and the gaggle of sculpted guys that really never measured up or were sucking air like a fish on land. Saw a tubby Tony Tubbs clown a svelte Riddick Bowe and get robbed for it once. Honestly a few of the top guys today have some hips hangeth over and c cups. Some can box circles, and others hit there built in Zab Judah stamina peak and lumber around.

Not to get silly with it but on the flip side, when is too much too much in bulk and body adonis. Now Joshua is a physical specimen and hard work and fitness speaks for itself. But has there been a time the conditioning is suspect, and how's he do with all that muscled mass in the legs when consistently pushed at a fast pace. He took a dip in with Wlad and proved he had gears coming back but a fast churning worker will keep him moving. Not entirely sold Ruiz Jr is close to being the one but again be it a big baby Huey body type or a mountain of muscle, easier to judge a guy on work done and effort given
    I’m just saying that there has never been a top HW that has looked like Ruiz. Every top HW in the history of boxing hasn’t look chubby. I’m in no way saying that being ripped makes you better, but I am saying that there is a reason that no top HW in history has looked like that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m just saying that there has never been a top HW that has looked like Ruiz. Every top HW in the history of boxing hasn’t look chubby. I’m in no way saying that being ripped makes you better, but I am saying that there is a reason that no top HW in history has looked like that.
    Yeh going over the years I can agree but being a top guy can rotate frequently. Ruiz has a particular lose pear shape and that's a tough measuring stick. You don't see that build at 32-1 that often. But there he is. Many top heavies have come in fat outta shape compared to their 'best' or prior showings. Peter was waddling around pushing 260 before he grabbed a trinket to be at top. Galento was shaped like a keg of beer when he almost gave Louis a heart attack. Remember when Foreman was called a fat old clown before lifting Holyfield off the canvas with a body shot and being back on 'top'. But in fairness compared to Ruiz, Foreman would be called the sculpted hulk of the two today .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed. If he likes being fat its his choice

He knocked out Anthony Joshua which is far more impressive than being lean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Stop calling Ruiz fat he has enough on his plate.
    hahahahah this made me laugh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder and Joshua both looked ripped but in the last 6 months they've both been beat by guys with love handles.

immediate rematch, bad idea...

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    An immediate rematch wouldn't be so bad if he learns from his mistakes, but I don't know what the turnaround time for that would be. If you're the size of AJ and you're not landing the 1-2 on Ruiz FROM DISTANCE then I'm sorry you don't deserve to beat him. Everything works off the jab and if you're not hammering that point home vs Ruiz or anyone else then you're giving up your height, your defense, and you're letting your opponent get a good look at everything headed his way and that allows them to counter or brace for impact.

The punches that knock guys out are the ones they don't see coming. Ruiz saw everything because AJ was lazy with that jab and he'd drop it and then he'd hook with the hooker which again is a bad move.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    An immediate rematch wouldn't be so bad if he learns from his mistakes, but I don't know what the turnaround time for that would be. If you're the size of AJ and you're not landing the 1-2 on Ruiz FROM DISTANCE then I'm sorry you don't deserve to beat him. Everything works off the jab and if you're not hammering that point home vs Ruiz or anyone else then you're giving up your height, your defense, and you're letting your opponent get a good look at everything headed his way and that allows them to counter or brace for impact.

The punches that knock guys out are the ones they don't see coming. Ruiz saw everything because AJ was lazy with that jab and he'd drop it and then he'd hook with the hooker which again is a bad move.
    That was not the real AJ in there. He looked very poor and I have never seen him that bad before. It is not belittling Ruiz achievement but AJ has been able to handle better opponents than him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

AJ was embarassed, dejected, and he wasn't getting his way in the ring and that's what you saw, that's the grimace of a smile and the turning of his back. He didn't want to be in there plain as that, he wanted a cake walk and what he got was a stubborn little bastard who refused to just lay down and take the L....happens all the time. I think a calm, focused AJ can still run the division, but too much success, too much other shit outside of boxing, getting drunk on the celebrity of being the best that makes you not want to work to beat the guys like Ruiz.

Hopefully it is a warning shot to all undefeated boxers never take your opponent lightly and always put the hard work in. The hard work is the attention to detail on the little stuff, footwork, stamina, snapping the jab, defense....you do that the knockouts come or they don't but at least you'll be winning on points.

AJ has a lot left to learn

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

That was not the real AJ in there. He looked very poor and I have never seen him that bad before. It is not belittling Ruiz achievement but AJ has been able to handle better opponents than him.
    We saw him look that bad for a number of rounds against a very gun shy Wlad who refused to finish him knowing his own stamina issues. Joshua didn't look great early here but seemed fine. He then scored a KD. He then got very careless and that is when he got unstuck.

The difference is Ruiz was willing to take the shot to be able to let his hands go. Ruiz didn't seem to hurt Joshua, it was more overwhelm him with combination punching. He went down not from a hard shot as such but more confusion at the Calzaghe style onslaught. He had no idea what to do.

I can only imagine the fun a Tyson or even a Toney would have in there against such a poor jab and sloppy defence.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ was embarassed, dejected, and he wasn't getting his way in the ring and that's what you saw, that's the grimace of a smile and the turning of his back. He didn't want to be in there plain as that, he wanted a cake walk and what he got was a stubborn little bastard who refused to just lay down and take the L....happens all the time. I think a calm, focused AJ can still run the division, but too much success, too much other shit outside of boxing, getting drunk on the celebrity of being the best that makes you not want to work to beat the guys like Ruiz.

Hopefully it is a warning shot to all undefeated boxers never take your opponent lightly and always put the hard work in. The hard work is the attention to detail on the little stuff, footwork, stamina, snapping the jab, defense....you do that the knockouts come or they don't but at least you'll be winning on points.

AJ has a lot left to learn
    If He wanted a cake walk then he underestimated Ruiz even worse then I imagined. AJ thought he could hop around in a few circles and then choose his dessert, what he got was a guy who has shed blood and tears for any type of cake his whole life. He thought he could just offer up a slice of black forest and that would be it, while as ruiz went down in the 3rd round he had the fear of less cake put in him. He knew in his heart its not always the black forest that makes a champion. He dug down and showed him that there are layers to the sponge, gave him butter and cream filling to think about, threw some flourless pound in there and soon enough AJ didnt even have the hunger for angel food.
    Last edited by p4pking; 06-04-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Thread Information