Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Joshua look more beatable after tonight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Joshua look more beatable after tonight?

Yes. He lost his undefeated record and aura of invincibility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua was exposed to an extent. Weak chin, Not enough heart. Bad stamina etc

And the worst part was his opponent was shorter, with a huge reach disadvantage and looked out of shape

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyktfo View Post
    And the worst part was his opponent looked out of shape
    No sir, he just preferred to be round shaped.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    troll.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Thanks for your input. I just couldnt decide whether the most current result on his resume did more or less to bolster his resume on the world scene.
    Oh it definitely bolsters it. I keep reading people say it proves Joshua would have beat Wilder. Can't argue with that.

The people that say that are also "flat Earthers."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hmm. Technically AJ went flat like 18 times against a globe last night, but I think he was actually being hit by the projectiles of israeli air baloons posing as satellites and not punches from his big fat opponent.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Tyson is fat as well..both Ruiz and Tyson seem to have zero stamina issues.

AJ looked like he has David Price stamina issues.

He did seem to take long breaks after the knockdown and part of him could not continue.
    Ruiz was definitely sucking air last night. He is just fortunate that AJ was even more drained. Ruiz was gassed after the third. AJ just was too tired to capitalize. That’s why Ruiz didn’t go for the knockout in the fourth.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

He did seem to take long breaks after the knockdown and part of him could not continue.
    Ruiz was definitely sucking air last night. He is just fortunate that AJ was even more drained. Ruiz was gassed after the third. AJ just was too tired to capitalize. That’s why Ruiz didn’t go for the knockout in the fourth.
    AJ had his cards taken off the table for him more often than not. Huge dudes take turns looking for wind, guys pace themselves and knowing you're able to set the same combos and find your pretty predictable target over and over affords that. Credit where credit is due.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

AJ had his cards taken off the table for him more often than not. Huge dudes take turns looking for wind, guys pace themselves and knowing you're able to set the same combos and find your pretty predictable target over and over affords that. Credit where credit is due.
    I definitely credit Ruiz for winning, but I’m just stating that he did not look on top shape. I’m not sure if he would have beaten AJ if AJ weren’t so gassed. AJ looked like he weathered the storm a little but just couldn’t capitalize because he was so tired. Someone less tired could have gotten his legs back and adjusted.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I definitely credit Ruiz for winning, but I’m just stating that he did not look on top shape. I’m not sure if he would have beaten AJ if AJ weren’t so gassed. AJ looked like he weathered the storm a little but just couldn’t capitalize because he was so tired. Someone less tired could have gotten his legs back and adjusted.
    Well really didn't we assume to know that going in, he didn't 'look' like a lot of things while AJ did. It's two way traffic in there, Joshua was put there he didn't just waltz in and decide whelp heck I'm beat I'll just take a seat here on the canvas . I asked it going in..all that bulk and muscle not to mention never really facing fast short counters like that. Andy set the pace. It came back to bite him and results trump look.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyktfo View Post
    Anthony Joshua was exposed to an extent. Weak chin, Not enough heart. Bad stamina etc

And the worst part was his opponent was shorter, with a huge reach disadvantage and looked out of shape
    Short and sweet, banned already?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But how on earth was Joshua tired? He didn't do anything!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well really didn't we assume to know that going in, he didn't 'look' like a lot of things while AJ did. It's two way traffic in there, Joshua was put there he didn't just waltz in and decide whelp heck I'm beat I'll just take a seat here on the canvas . I asked it going in..all that bulk and muscle not to mention never really facing fast short counters like that. Andy set the pace. It came back to bite him and results trump look.
    Again, just because AJ got more tired doesn’t mean that Ruiz was fit enough to last 12 effectively. Great win by Ruiz but only time will tell how well he does against other top HWs. If he proves me wrong and outlasts other fighters, I will eat crow

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again, just because AJ got more tired doesn’t mean that Ruiz was fit enough to last 12 effectively. Great win by Ruiz but only time will tell how well he does against other top HWs. If he proves me wrong and outlasts other fighters, I will eat crow
    Hey don't get me wrong I'm not making Ruiz out to be the next coming but it's not like he came from absolute untested obscurity. He answered all questions put to him and surpassed expectations, he shook up the world Joshua not so much. Personally I think Wilder v Ruiz would be an interesting style match up. And of course AJ rematch which is all but certain. Ruiz v Fury feels like it would be dreadful but have to see how this plays out now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get the impression that Ruiz Jr has provided the blueprint to beat Joshua.

It was those fast counters & the body attack that did for Joshua, but Ruiz also showed a lot of heart & a good chin, plus he was prepared to gamble.

Not every fighter has those attributes or would be prepared to gamble like that.
    Last edited by Syntax Error; 06-04-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Thread Information