Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should AJ change trainer?

Lennox and Warren have both said that Rob McCracken is simply not good enough.

If he did make the move who would be the right man to go to?

“I say you can’t go to university with your third-grade teacher,” said Lewis.

“They won’t have the answers you need at that level. You need a professor by then.”

Frank Warren appears to be of the same opinion.

Warren told The Telegraph: “I’ve made my views clear about the trainer. Somebody’s got to be accountable for this. I don’t like the trainer at all.

“I think his job as an amateur where he gets the best fighters given to him, everything’s been done with them.

“What’s he doing, an amateur trainer, training Joshua for professional title fights? What sparring operations is he getting? Sparring with amateurs.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...-andy-ruiz-jr/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should AJ change trainer?

love that quote from Lennox. Sums it up
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blokes that always slag off AJ revel in his demise. What a surprise. Trainer gets boot. Another surprise. Lennox worked wonders for Price.

How about Virgil Hunter? Floyd Snr? FreDdie? Abel?

Tunde Ajayi? LIONS IN THE CAMP! Big up!
    Last edited by Fenster; 06-05-2019 at 03:37 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point re Lennox and Price

At the moment that's how I see AJ faring in a rematch...
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so Lennox Lewis and Frank Warren reckon he should change his trainer eh? 2 of the saltiest wankers I've ever heard in my life! Lennox couldn't wait to have a dig at Joshua (but do it sneakily by criticizing the trainer, then he can say "but yeah , I love AJ , it's not his fault man!" ) kind of comment @ronswanson would make!
    And Frank Warren , ok so he doesn't think McCracken is good enough or experienced enough, yet his guy Tyson Fury is trained by Ben Davidson !!!! (who I like btw.)
    He could resurrect Cus D'Amato, Manny Steward and Angelo Dundee, roll them into one , and it still won't work if you don't do as they're telling you too! McCracken repeatedly told him to throw more jabs, double up on his jabs, and for whatever reason , he just fucking pawed it out there.
    Changing trainer would be the worst thing he could possibly do. You start changing trainers , thinking there's a golden cure or solution to your problem , and when you realize there isn't you spiral the way that Haye and Khan did and keep changing trainers. Also , it's a get out isn't it? "yeah me and the trainer didn't gel, it's not my fault!"
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch didnt have the best defence lol so maybe BUT RM is clearly a world class trainer - so would be for styles, not becuase of the quality

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is Froch had a granite chin AJ doesn't

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why was AJ so poor? If it was because of other reasons not boxing training related then why blame his trainer and fire him?

The AJ that beat Povetkin/Parker/Wlad would have won this fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares ? he lost a fight, boxers are just gladiators who entertain us.
    Once they become irrelevant nobody cares anymore.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Why was AJ so poor?
    He bought into his own hype. Going to basketball games, being a celebrity....not everyone can do that and keep focused.

Yes he should change trainers

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Why was AJ so poor?
    He bought into his own hype. Going to basketball games, being a celebrity....not everyone can do that and keep focused.

Yes he should change trainers
    If that is all true then changing trainers will not help him. If it is his attitude and mindset then this should be a huge wake up call but I think it is something more than that. I can believe he was injured before the fight as he looked a shadow of himself in that ring. AJ has faced Ruiz type opponents before and dealt with them easily.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

If that is all true then changing trainers will not help him. If it is his attitude and mindset then this should be a huge wake up call but I think it is something more than that. I can believe he was injured before the fight as he looked a shadow of himself in that ring. AJ has faced Ruiz type opponents before and dealt with them easily.
    Sometimes trainers can reign that focus in. Look at Tyson with Cus & Rooney vs with anyone else. He wasn't injured, he just fought a stupid fight because he thought he was invincible. Give up height, give up reach, give counter punching opportunities galore...yeah he gave up all his advantages and Ruiz wasn't just there to lie down and this is what happens.

Train right, use height, reach, control distance and pace, tie up when hurt, and this isn't an issue at all
    Last edited by El Kabong; 06-05-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Povetkin was the closest to Ruiz stylewise and he broke AJs nose, wobbled him and won the opening 4 rounds.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Povetkin was the closest to Ruiz stylewise and he broke AJs nose, wobbled him and won the opening 4 rounds.
    Povetkin was at least still seemingly dangerous....Ruiz was looked at like he was a Carebear and no threat at all. Ergo AJ's willingness to give up height, reach etc.

Hippopotamuses don't LOOK dangerous but they kill a bunch of unsuspecting people and that's exactly what happened to AJ...first he's thinking "awww a chubby little hippo" and next thing you know he's been demolished.

Again the bad part is this wasn't just a 1 punch surprise or a follow up after 1 punch, this was a nightmare on repeat.....this will seriously damage AJ's career. He won't be the same fighter in that he'll probably never have that confidence to color outside the lines in a fight ever again. He's going to have to turn himself into a robot in order to get back to being the best. That's a hard mountain to scale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes is the answer to this question. No need for over analysis on that one. I think it's obvious he does

also surprised to hear that after getting bounced off the canvas 4 times, suffering concussion and taking a sustained beating Joshua was ahead on one of the cards at the time of the stoppage so the fix was in regardless as it was with Katie Taylor n josh Kelly earlier in the night who got saved by dodgy scorecards

Thread Information