Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fans

Boxing fans a strange bunch you lose one fight your toast.
    Boxing is so unpredictable at should have could have one punch and it's good night.
    HW are big guys all them punches hurt everybody jumps on the bandwagon when a fighter has lost one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fans

I think sometimes a loss can really bring out a weakness that many other fighters will exploit. Also, after getting knocked out, many fighters are never the same.

But I do agree with the main sentiment. Some people are acting as if he is done when he can easily prove otherwise

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think sometimes a loss can really bring out a weakness that many other fighters will exploit. Also, after getting knocked out, many fighters are never the same.

But I do agree with the main sentiment. Some people are acting as if he is done when he can easily prove otherwise
    Boxing fans in general think one lose you have had it AJ is far from over the hill.
    Khan on the other hand well frankly should consider hanging his gloves up he's been sparked to many times and he could end up getting injured.!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's more of a generation issue.

From Pacman to Hopkins, their losses never hurt them. Morales schooled Pac 1st fight, but going into the rematch, the fire was still there on the part of his fans. Bhop had several losses that didn't come across as him getting beat as much as he didn't throw enough shots to warrant a win.

Holyfield vs Bowe I iwas a LLooonnngggg time ago, but I remember when Holy took that loss, he gained a respect in that defeat.

However, I would say there are some fighters whose losses do come across as a blueprint for others to use. Well, those boxers, yeah one and done.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing can be pretty flavor of the month and fans def have short attention spans. It's also very much the nature of a loss and personality may be a part. Not attributing this to Joshua but today promoters and networks are determined to have the next big thing, you see some rushed to the point of fans knowing they're being pushed hard and lets not lie..some guys you just root to lose . Fighters as with people are different now, maybe not quite as hardened for lack of a better term and frankly over value the 0 and all the ivory towers cushioned in with it. Set backs are not the end of the world but opportunity, just don't make them a habit.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if you lose faith in a fighter with one lose is frankly a bit stupid.
    Because Duran Hearns etc all lost but does it takeaway the fact they were great fighters.
    Hell no not one bit the boo boys jump on the bandwagon saying he was never this good etc. Really guys one of the toughest sports in the world were one punch turns a negative in to a positive.!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope AJ comes back stronger and they leave all the BS at the door.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have seen so many fighters lose their 0 that I have long stopped wishing them good luck before their fights. Thinking a fighter is finished or washed up after one defeat is a modern disease wrapped up in the same mentality that expects instant results from mangers and coaches and a meal at the press of a button. I blame Floyd..
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I hope AJ comes back stronger and they leave all the BS at the door.
    I do not think he will leave Eddie.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was watching AJ in the ring before the start chewing on his gumsheild not a care in the world. I said to my son AJ does not look right and he was not right he boxed like he was clueless.
    My opinion a complete off night I have never seen him box so badly.
    I would not be surprised he sparks Ruiz in short order in the rematch.
    Focused and not in never land I hope I like AJ a likeable person.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I was watching AJ in the ring before the start chewing on his gumsheild not a care in the world. I said to my son AJ does not look right and he was not right he boxed like he was clueless.
    Since he dropped Ruiz with an accurate shot, in a rematch he could very well do to Ruiz what Paul Williams did to Carlos Quintana in their rematch- 1st round sparked him!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Since he dropped Ruiz with an accurate shot, in a rematch he could very well do to Ruiz what Paul Williams did to Carlos Quintana in their rematch- 1st round sparked hiamm!
    Maybe a lack of motivation as AJ has 50 million in the bank hell that's a lot of money.
    Do you really need to get punched in the face
    or run at 5am just wondering.!

El Kabong Guest

AJ fought in a dumb manner. Why? Can he do better in the rematch? Absolutely! Could he also be broken from that fight? Absolutely!

AJ is in control of AJ and he'll have to (as Teddy Atlas would say) "answer some questions he's asking himself" in the rematch.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone seems to be sleeping on how Ruiz made AJ move back and to his left by beginning every exchange with the hook and pursuing. AJ does not like to move this way. His victory wasn’t an accident and it wasn’t just hand speed. Ring generalship was the largest factor. AJ is the better fighter, he would win against more opponents. But beating Ruiz will be tough. AJ has to figure out how to make it his fight, Ruiz knows how to make it his, it’s no small ask.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Everyone seems to be sleeping on how Ruiz made AJ move back and to his left by beginning every exchange with the hook and pursuing. AJ does not like to move this way. His victory wasn’t an accident and it wasn’t just hand speed. Ring generalship was the largest factor. AJ is the better fighter, he would win against more opponents. But beating Ruiz will be tough. AJ has to figure out how to make it his fight, Ruiz knows how to make it his, it’s no small ask.
    Not only was he backing up AJ, but one his rest periods, he was landing counter shots. So AJ was either backing up or throwing with the risk of being countered. He didn’t adjust at all

Thread Information