Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz - 15/7/19 - BT Sports/ESPN - Las Vegas

The lineal world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury will fight in Las Vegas for the first time when he tackles undefeated Tom Schwarz (24-0-KO16) at the world-famous MGM Grand on June 15 – live on ESPN+.

‘The Gypsy King’ (27-0-1-KO19) returns to the United States – scene of his triumphant display against WBC world champion Deontay Wilder in December – on one of boxing’s most prestigious stages.
    MGM Grand, which holds in excess of 17,000 fans, has witnessed some of the biggest super-fights in the history of the sport with the likes of Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson II, Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather, Mayweather vs. Canelo and Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao all gracing the arena.
    Fury vs. Schwarz will be broadcast live on ESPN+ in the US and BT Sport in the UK just months after Fury signed a colossal deal with major US promotional company Top Rank.
    Fury said: I’m absolutely delighted to be boxing in Las Vegas on ESPN+. I always said I will never go to Vegas until I box there and now I finally am.
    “I can’t wait to put on a boxing masterclass for all my fans. The British and Irish fans will invade Vegas. I can’t wait!”
    Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said: It’s with great pride that Top Rank and Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions, together with ESPN+ and MTK Global, will be able to present the leading heavyweight in the world and a megastar in boxing.
    “Tyson will be facing a tough, experienced and undefeated fighter in Tom Schwarz, who is coming to Las Vegas ready to shock the world.”
    MTK Global President Bob Yalen said: “All the best fighters of the last decade-plus have fought in the MGM Grand Garden Arena, and on June 15, you can add Tyson Fury to that list.
    “The world’s premier promoter, the world’s premier boxing venue and the world’s premier heavyweight, backed by the world’s premier management team on the world’s premier sports network…It is going to be a can’t-miss night of boxing.”
    UK promoter Frank Warren added: “I’m very excited about starting the next chapter in the Tyson Fury story. With this new deal and co-promotion with Top Rank, it’s all about getting Tyson out there to a huge audience, and nobody can do that in America like ESPN.
    “I would like to extend a special thanks to MTK Global for the role they have played in this exciting next step.”

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz - 15/7/19 - BT Sports/ESPN - Las Vegas

Anyone else starting to think Fury might have a tougher night than he thinks?

The Heavyweight divisions young guns should all be inspired after what Ruiz did to Joshua the other week

Potential banana skin?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remote chance this could be for the WBO title which Ruiz could be stripped of if the WBO choose before Saturday, can't see it happening but nothing in boxing surprises me these days.

"I'm hearing now that it could be on the line on Saturday night," Fury told Press Association Sport. "That's inside information so maybe I shouldn't have said that, though I've said it now anyway, so maybe it'll be on the line on Saturday night.
    "There is a chance. It's highly doable, so I've been told, so maybe it'll be for the WBO championship as well.
    "When you're the lineal champion that's as big as it gets. It doesn't get any bigger than that. It doesn't matter how many belts (the other heavyweights) have got; they've got to beat Tyson Fury to be number one.
    "(If not) the winner of me and Tom Schwarz will be mandatory for the WBO, because it's number three and number two (in the rankings) fighting each other."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/boxing/...ay_361712.html

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course the WBO will strip Ruiz, Fury is with Top Rank and the WBO belt is theirs. Fraudulent as fraudulent can be.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting how the promo poster shows Schwartz as a comparative monster next to Fury. Never mind that Fury is almost 4 inches taller.

Boxing hype takes on some interesting forms.

A focused Fury sweeps the floor with this chap. Schwartz ain't no Ruiz.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another upset would be sweet. Tyson won't take risks
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel like this fight is purely a yardstick to see whether Fury has any newfound drawing power in the states. His first fight in Vegas against a totally unknown German fighter, it doesnt make a lot of sense. The trouble is, as someone else said, Fury isnt really suited to showcase fights as a non puncher who has been in his share of stinkers. He does look fit and sharp from the little training footage Ive seen, so hopefully he can impress and help his stock.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a shame if they strip Ruiz, but not surprising if they choose.
    @TitoFan LOL, yeah, the ad makes it look like they're the same in height & build.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't bring myself to fool with espn+ but sort of anticipating this one. It's been interesting watching Fury in the build up, the guys a one man promotional campaign. These app gigs basically come down to if you mind not seeing a fight live and waiting a couple of days.

El Kabong Guest

Another top 3 loss would send this division into a tailspin!

Granted it would help AJ but the division as a whole would just look like shit if Fury loses.

Also @ross if you're still around I was fully wrong on Tyson Fury's level of skill and I owe you a million apologies for it, but I had never seen any slickness to him at all, but I admit it, he's quite the James J. Corbett, Gene Tunney, Jack Johnson style heavyweight. I don't like him at all, never will but he's a talented bastard hell I never thought he'd fight again after the break.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Tyson coming in 6 lbs heavier than his last fight a bad omen
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6lbs seem fine, considering he's not up against wilder or AJ.

He's kept the weight down for some time now and is used to it once again. I'd expect a sharper performance.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn’t going to bother getting up for this one but made the same decision a couple of weeks ago....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two of the sloppiest fighters ive ever seen.

Heart/Barrera that is.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    hell I never thought he'd fight again after the break.
    Why? Guys come back from drug bans all the time :S

Thread Information