Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If not for our flag-bearers, this site would be pretty boring between fights. :-)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If not for our flag-bearers, this site would be pretty boring between fights. :-

I think lesbians kissing at that time of the night in front of possibly intoxicated young thugs can very well invite unwanted attention. I don't understand why they would do it, that was my point. a) it is not respectful.due to it being a public place and b) it was in front of dangerous people. I don't think they deserve anything, but I can see why it happened. You or I think differently but neither of us would hurt them. These thugs were something else and that is my point. It really is riugh on late night buses. I didn't feel safe at times as a teenager going through Longsight or Salford and I wasn't kissing anyone. It's about looking out for yourself mire than anything. It's like when driving, I know everyone else is more dangerous to me than I am to them so I drive accordingly.

Fine you disagree that it matters who it was but I would like to know. Anyway, late here. Must rest.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If not for our flag-bearers, this site would be pretty boring between fights. :-

Mobile typo's....grrr.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm the flag-bearer for exposing hypocrites and silly men who believe they're paragons of virtue

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Think about it. What the hell else to talk about between fights?

There's Trump.... but that gets old fast.

There's Brexit, but not all of us have all the facts to go beyond a superficial opinion (not including the British folks).

So who are these flag bearers?

Well..... we had Alpha, the Flat Earth flag bearer...... but you guys ran him off.

Now we have the return of Denilson, the White Supremacy flag bearer. He said he would only stick to boxing this time, but that lasted about as long as a Trump White House staffer.

Still trying to decide who's the flag bearer for Transgenderism. It's up in the air between Beanz and Fenster, only that Fenster took himself out of the running by stating he doesn't "care about trans." So that leaves Beanz.

So we have two flag bearers, and another one you guys ran off.

We need a substitute.
    I am not sure it is worth trying to inject some honesty here or not. I think this thread is symptomatic of a general theme though, so maybe it is worth addressing.

I will start by saying that I am not sure where your hostility is coming from TitoFan but I really harbour no ill feelings toward you or anyone else on the forum, though I find many attitudes expressed to often be quite disgusting.

I am not the flag bearer for anything really, least of all trans anything. You have repeatedly accused me of having 'a dirty little agenda' for simply disagreeing with your own and many others opionion on the issue. I have never started a thread about it and if you look you will see that usually your posts on the subject outnumber mine by 5 to 1.

So if anything the reverse is actually true. The trans issue is something you and a few of your concerned fellow posters return to again and again. 50+ posts in the trans boxer thread to my 11 for example. It's daft but also quite dishonest to therefor pretend I am a flag bearer just because I don't share your, what I consider to be irrational, fears.

If I am a flag bearer for anything it is for music, art, boxing and the rights of disabled people as these have dominated and continue to dominate my professional working life, but do you know what?

I can't share any of that here. It has become a playground of toxicity in which people are more interested in inventing stories about others and positions for them to inhabit than sharing anything themselves. It's very sad people have to be reduced to caricatures and have to undergo years of character assassination just for expressing a different opinion.

Its incredibly boring. The forum wide sense of humor failure has not helped either.

ANNNNDDD....... the Championship Trophy for Hyperbole Outright Lie Fantasy Quote of the Year goes to......................................

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would go back and study up on the meaning of the word "hostility", @Beanz . You seem to use it a lot (with everyone who disagrees with you)....... and I'm suspecting you're using it incorrectly most of the time.

Now, I don't want to lecture you on your own language, since you ARE in fact English......... but.............

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Priceless doesn't even begin to start to describe the special kind of stupid you need to subscribe to in order to post the replies you and Gandalf have Lyle.

I hope it is just that, because if not you are both kind of warped. This is the slippery slope you need to be more worried about than the imaginary fantasy of a gay conspiracy, one of you is terrified of and the other is fascinated by. You are both aligning yourselves with not just religious fundamentalists but a wave of justified homophobia and thinly veiled racism, ushered in by a regressive and dangerous brand of populism.

And you both have the bloody minded cheek to call a cup of milkshake violence.

Silence also on Robinson travelling to Portugal, boasting about there being no football banning order and then punching another England fan to the ground.
    Ahem, for clarity...

My response was appropriate. I feel very bad for the ladies and don't believe they should have been attacked or treated in such a vile manner, lesbians, kissing lesbians, whatever, they are human beings and they should be allowed to do as they please (within the letter of the law/so long as they aren't hurting anyone).

You seem to fail to see any link whatsoever between Islam and Homophobia....now have Christians in the past been homophobic? Absolutely! Are there Christians now who are homophobic? Absolutely! Do a large percentage of Christians believe homosexuality should be punishable by death? That's a negative Ghost Rider! Now answer those questions and replace Christianity with the word Islam and what are your answers?

I'm not in the least bit homophobic, laugh about it if you want, but I get along just fine with the gays no issues at all.

Racism Huh? Islam isn't a race, Lesbian isn't a race

What specifically about this kind of populism is regressive? What is "dangerous" about it?

Any word on what that other England fan did? Did he deserve a punching? Or is it just, well that's just what you expect from Tommy

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well...... Denilson is doing his part. He's carrying that anti-White Supremacy flag tall and proud.

Hell.... even X, who normally remains neutral and limits himself to posting good one-liners and stuff about travels.... has been inadvertently dragged into the scuffle.

Don't worry, @X ..... we got your back.

Got your back on the trans agenda also, even though your opinion on that may have left some in utter dismay and disbelief. "You TOO??!??" "Say it isn't so...... X."

Meanwhile, just to keep everyone on their toes, maybe I'LL prowl the sidelines for awhile and just lob the occasional smoke grenade in there.

Thread Information