Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nba finals

what is up with the controversy and Durant?

Didn't see it,, but like to get rundown from any NBA fans.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nba finals

Apparently it is considered he came back too soon, and ruptured his Achilles tendon. Now he's out indefinitely. Although I didn't see all of Game 5, and am not sure whether you're referring to that, or the fans supposedly clapping when Durant went down.

El Kabong Guest

Well a minority stake owner of the Warriors apparently had a run in with Kyle Lowry (I think, I don't follow basketball much). Lowry attempted to save a ball and Lowry landed on this guy's wife and I guess the guy took exception to that and pushed him and jawed at him a bit.

All I'll say of that is, if you're sitting courtside then there's the high probability you could have a 7 foot dude land on you or take a ball off the dome...it happens these guys are pros and they're playing hard. As a husband I understand wanting to defend your wife, but it's not like the guy karate kicked her in the head on purpose, he went after the ball, it was a hustle play with an unfortunate outcome, it happens fucking reel in your emotions dude(the minority owner)! You just don't do that. Making the event "race related" is poor form by the NBA and media, I don't think the guy would be a racist watching basketball games/owning part of a team....unless he's the second coming of Donald Sterling

Shame about KD if it's his Achilles he may never been the same player again. Certainly not the same off the dribble or on defen.....HAHAHA sorry I couldn't do it with a straight face.

What gets me is all the fucking politics in the NBA these days. Popavich talking bad a bout Trump, Kerr talking bad about Trump, Lebron talking bad about Trump. If Michael Jordan got asked anything not about basketball there had better have been money bet on the subject because otherwise he wasn't fucking bothered dude just wanted to ball and win titles. Also the NBA is not going to use the term "Owners" for the people who Own the teams anymore?!?!? They own the FRANCHISE not the players and also the players get paid millions and millions of dollars to compare that to slavery is fucking retarded...it diminishes what slavery actually was AND it's fucking retarded.....

....good luck with all THAT. Common, well we know his middle and/or last name ain't Sense . Does Common OWN those pants? Because if he does then he's got a real conundrum on his hands.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 06-13-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Well a minority stake owner of the Warriors apparently had a run in with Kyle Lowry (I think, I don't follow basketball much). Lowry attempted to save a ball and Lowry landed on this guy's wife and I guess the guy took exception to that and pushed him and jawed at him a bit.

All I'll say of that is, if you're sitting courtside then there's the high probability you could have a 7 foot dude land on you or take a ball off the dome...it happens these guys are pros and they're playing hard. As a husband I understand wanting to defend your wife, but it's not like the guy karate kicked her in the head on purpose, he went after the ball, it was a hustle play with an unfortunate outcome, it happens fucking reel in your emotions dude(the minority owner)! You just don't do that. Making the event "race related" is poor form by the NBA and media, I don't think the guy would be a racist watching basketball games/owning part of a team....unless he's the second coming of Donald Sterling

Shame about KD if it's his Achilles he may never been the same player again. Certainly not the same off the dribble or on defen.....HAHAHA sorry I couldn't do it with a straight face.

What gets me is all the fucking politics in the NBA these days. Popavich talking bad a bout Trump, Kerr talking bad about Trump, Lebron talking bad about Trump. If Michael Jordan got asked anything not about basketball there had better have been money bet on the subject because otherwise he wasn't fucking bothered dude just wanted to ball and win titles. Also the NBA is not going to use the term "Owners" for the people who Own the teams anymore?!?!? They own the FRANCHISE not the players and also the players get paid millions and millions of dollars to compare that to slavery is fucking retarded...it diminishes what slavery actually was AND it's fucking retarded.....

....good luck with all THAT. Common, well we know his middle and/or last name ain't Sense . Does Common OWN those pants? Because if he does then he's got a real conundrum on his hands.

@TitoFan per this post, there were a few issues, 1. injury (thanks) & then the stuff about the owner- @El Kabong.

Yeah I overheard a few at work talking that. Wasn't sure exactly. You know I don't want to agree with you right? But if I'm as objective as I claim to be, damn this new world racism is just so unnecessary.

So they can't say owner anymore? Reminds me of a scene in the movie Tropic Thunder, Robert Downey Jr playing a black dude responds to Ben Stiller saying 'you people'

Kirk Lazerus aka Robert D "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?.....YOU PEOPLE?
    Real black dude Apla Chino aka Brandon J "What do YOU mean...you people?" Classic scene, but never mind if you didn't see it.

I'm okay with athletes, entertainers and etc talking smack about presidents. Trump dishes it out, let him suck it up. If Ted Nugent cant tell Obama to suck on his rifle.....but I digress.

Durant had an injury it seems that maybe he could have still played more than he did is what I gather
    And the owner got sucked into a race-bait-debate.

Got it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait......

You can't call owners "owners" anymore?? Wonderful. Another useless waste of precious oxygen by obviously bored people.

Methinks this is a job for Justin Trudeau, he of "peoplekind" fame.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    @TitoFan per this post, there were a few issues, 1. injury (thanks) & then the stuff about the owner- @El Kabong.

Yeah I overheard a few at work talking that. Wasn't sure exactly. You know I don't want to agree with you right? But if I'm as objective as I claim to be, damn this new world racism is just so unnecessary.

So they can't say owner anymore? Reminds me of a scene in the movie Tropic Thunder, Robert Downey Jr playing a black dude responds to Ben Stiller saying 'you people'

Kirk Lazerus aka Robert D "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?.....YOU PEOPLE?
    Real black dude Apla Chino aka Brandon J "What do YOU mean...you people?" Classic scene, but never mind if you didn't see it.

I'm okay with athletes, entertainers and etc talking smack about presidents. Trump dishes it out, let him suck it up. If Ted Nugent cant tell Obama to suck on his rifle.....but I digress.

Durant had an injury it seems that maybe he could have still played more than he did is what I gather

Got it.
    Yeah the "controversy" around whole term owner is pretty ridiculous to me. Anyway in that vid Common says what he says that "it's really not being considerate of the history" ?? And just to lay this caveat out beforehand MAYBE I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I HAVEN'T HAD THE EXACT SAME LIVED EXPERIENCES OF BEING BLACK OR GROWING UP BLACK...but NBA players are at the very least making $838,464 a year (rookie minimum salary from what I could find) and the title of the guy that pays out that money is bothersome I just can't wrap my mind around it...yeah I get Owners and Slavery and that, but we're talking Unionized MultiMillionaires to compare that to slavery is.....well it's a fucking disservice to the hell actual slavery must have been/was...I mean when Lebron left Cleveland the first time, yeah the Owner acted like a jilted boyfriend who was all in his emotions about the hot chick getting away from him and yeah that's a bad look (it's Cleveland's aura though that town is the living beating heart of the Springsteen classic 'Glory Days'), but Lebron was able to leave without any consequences bar a few hurt feelings...from what I understand slavery didn't work in such a friendly "Go ahead leave! I didn't like you anyway!!! WE COULD HAVE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!" manner, but hey again not my lived experience (I mean I assume I'm right in my reasoning, but I'm willing to be told I'm wrong and have it explained to me).

Spot on call with the Tropic Thunder reference! That was an epic movie "Simple Jack belong to us now"

Maybe I was younger and didn't pay attention to it so much, but I enjoyed when sports and politics were a bit farther apart...then again you look back into history of many sports and there's a political tinge to things. Jesse Owens in the '38 Olympics....well the Olympics in general have always been a hotbed of political emotion, Louis-Schmelling 1 & 2, USA vs Russia 1980 Lake Placid "Do You Believe In Miracles?", Ali vs damned near everyone, Kareem Abdul Jabaar was politically active during his playing career, and so on....maybe it's the 24/7 news cycle that is the difference and hell maybe more athletes (like everyone else) are dialed in a bit more on politics or maybe it's the change in how news is covered, I don't know....just seems to be a lot more and when fans used to be able to forget the world while watching a game, now you just can't escape it and I guess I wonder where that will take us all....can people disagree politically and still be good neighbors or good citizens to each other at the end of the day? Kind of feels like we're heading away from "Absolutely" and closer to "I don't know" which strikes me as odd for some reason.

Ted Nugent is well out there in terms of his shouting his kind of politics from the rooftops....he's one of the very few Republican/Right leaning celebrities there is. And hell I don't really expect most "artists" regardless of the genre (music, acting, painting, etc) to be Republican or Right leaning but it seems as if 99.99999% are hardcore Mao's Little Red Book carrying Lefties....in sports too which I find shocking.

Oh the Lowry-Owner mix up is here...

Doesn't look like much, but it's certainly too much from ANY fan. Only thing that maybe you wonder about is "What if that was Marc Gasol? Would the reaction have been different?" and that only that guy doing the shoving would know.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got it.
    Yeah the "controversy" around whole term owner is pretty ridiculous to me. Anyway in that vid Common says what he says that "it's really not being considerate of the history" ?? And just to lay this caveat out beforehand MAYBE I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I HAVEN'T HAD THE EXACT SAME LIVED EXPERIENCES OF BEING BLACK OR GROWING UP BLACK...but NBA players are at the very least making $838,464 a year (rookie minimum salary from what I could find) and the title of the guy that pays out that money is bothersome I just can't wrap my mind around it...yeah I get Owners and Slavery and that, but we're talking Unionized MultiMillionaires to compare that to slavery is.....well it's a fucking disservice to the hell actual slavery must have been/was...I mean when Lebron left Cleveland the first time, yeah the Owner acted like a jilted boyfriend who was all in his emotions about the hot chick getting away from him and yeah that's a bad look (it's Cleveland's aura though that town is the living beating heart of the Springsteen classic 'Glory Days'), but Lebron was able to leave without any consequences bar a few hurt feelings...from what I understand slavery didn't work in such a friendly "Go ahead leave! I didn't like you anyway!!! WE COULD HAVE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!" manner, but hey again not my lived experience (I mean I assume I'm right in my reasoning, but I'm willing to be told I'm wrong and have it explained to me).

(I mean I assume I'm right in my reasoning, but I'm willing to be told I'm wrong and have it explained to me). Nothing to explain, I can only confirm your reasoning.
    Common got bit by a bug worse than the flu. Liberalitis.
    As comedian Katt Willams said..the flu is so bad it can make you throw up and have to schitt at the same time, so how bad must this new-aged liberalization be?

Slavery is too far removed to use it as a crux. Old school black nationalists (1960s) brought it up for the purpose of separation. Today it is a narrative.

End result my brothers and sisters looking past rich blacks (entertainers, athletes) faults & abilities to help their own . I wanna be in the NBA, NFL make millions, do little for my community, then raise hell when words from whites today are supposed to be the equivalent of actions of whites from generations ago.
    Nothing to explain, just lament on how liberals, minorities and extremists on both sides force real men like us to choose a side.

BTW, pick up some Tennessee Earnest Ford & drop that Slim Whitman!

El Kabong Guest

Nothing to explain, I can only confirm your reasoning.
    Common got bit by a bug worse than the flu. Liberalitis.
    As comedian Katt Willams said..the flu is so bad it can make you throw up and have to schitt at the same time, so how bad must this new-aged liberalization be?

Slavery is too far removed to use it as a crux. Old school black nationalists (1960s) brought it up for the purpose of separation. Today it is a narrative.

End result my brothers and sisters looking past rich blacks (entertainers, athletes) faults & abilities to help their own . I wanna be in the NBA, NFL make millions, do little for my community, then raise hell when words from whites today are supposed to be the equivalent of actions of whites from generations ago.
    Nothing to explain, just lament on how liberals, minorities and extremists on both sides force real men like us to choose a side.
    Yeah I was thinking, Common is 47 years old he was born 18 years after Brown v. Board of Education, 4 years after the 1968 Civil Rights Act, 7 years after the President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity...so I'm not saying there's not other issues facing communities other than my own, but the giant specter of Slavery and Jim Crow shouldn't be looming over any part of today's population.

I agree American Liberalism/Progressivism is a mental disorder, it's a cult of victim worship and in giving higher status to victims (real or perceived) a mindset is created where people are eager to become victims so they can rightfully and justifiably respond to these horrible things that have happened to them. Then of course there's the "soft bigotry of low expectations" where certain groups of people are basically viewed as less than human, they're treated as they are incapable of normal human actions and it robs them of dignity and it teaches them to have an external locus of control (meaning they are only acted upon, their actions never influence their own standing in the world) which can lead to something called 'learned helplessness' where you just get used to life beating the absolute shit out of you and you stay down....it's horrible, but it's what the Progressives/Liberals want.

Once someone sees themselves as having been wrongly acted upon (no matter their race, religion, gender, or lot in life) then whatever their response (be it in word or action) is in their mind justified and THAT is going to lead to a lot more violence in my opinion simply because they'll see it as a justifiable response. All those people in the learned helplessness pile would be an army at the ready of any politician who told them they could have it better if not for the _____ and then next thing you know _____ would be gone/destroyed/attacked/ruined.

Classic

Weeeew Golden State has been hexed...Kevin Durant ruptures his Achilles and the very next game Klay Thompson does his ACL....that has to sting. Got to love it for Leonard though from the Spurs to Toronto and immediately makes it happen for them through a very difficult run the 76ers and Celtics and then GSW?!?! Respect for that, I don't follow basketball much but that's impressive as far as I can tell.

El Kabong Guest

What is the fucking deal with NBA Executives? First you've got the GSW minority shareholder (I guess since Owner is now a verboten word) and now this...

Police pursuing complaint against Raptors president Masai Ujiri for battery of an officer
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...in/1453997001/

What the fuck is happening? It's a bunch of nonsense!

If I'm the Owner or President or an Executive for a team I'm up in the fucking skybox with some food and booze and the like. And if I'm feeling in a good mood, I'm buying concessions for large groups of people or pulling a few strings to get kids to meet the players or whatever....but I'm not fucking courtside because I can be courtside at practice every day....how much sport need one man take in? I get that in this most recent case, the gentleman just wanted to celebrate with his team, but come on you're President of the Raptors and you don't have credentials on hand or have a friend with credentials or know closer to the end of the game that you might need those in order to get on the court?

The deputy was just trying to do his job. If he lets some well dressed assassin or other dangerous person on the court then what would we think of the guy for being lenient? It's a thankless job sometimes more than others. I totally understand why there was an altercation...I don't know how it could have been solved other than Mr. Ujiri has his credentials or someone on the court (Coach or Player) vouches for him and then you've got plausible deniability as a deputy, but even that would make you uneasy...those are premier athletes and if anyone was to jump out there and hurt them and it was your own personal fault that would suck.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing to explain, I can only confirm your reasoning.
    'learned helplessness' where you just get used to life beating the absolute shit out of you and you stay down....it's horrible, but it's what the Progressives/Liberals want.
    All those people in the learned helplessness pile would be an army at the ready of any politician who told them they could have it better if not for the _____ and then next thing you know _____ would be gone/destroyed/attacked/ruined.

(sad, but true...)

Classic

Weeeew Golden State has been hexed...Kevin Durant ruptures his Achilles and the very next game Klay Thompson does his ACL....that has to sting. Got to love it for Leonard though from the Spurs to Toronto and immediately makes it happen for them through a very difficult run the 76ers and Celtics and then GSW?!?! Respect for that, I don't follow basketball much but that's impressive as far as I can tell.
    Golden State hexed, But the curse of Drake has been nixed LOL!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae
    But the curse of Drake has been nixed LOL!

Thread Information