on boxrec it says they are suppos to fight in november

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JLC VS MIGUEL COTTO

If/when Cotto disposes of Paulie this will be a great fight for him. He's ready to step it up and this will be by far his toughest match of his career thus far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OH SHIT

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What if Corrales beats Castillo... Then would he fight Cotto? I really don't think that would even be competitive. Corrales could conveivably beat Castillo in the rubber match, I dont think he could beat Cotto.. But I think Castillo could.. Don't even ask me to explain just something about watching the Torres fight, I think Castillo could be really effective against Cotto.. Corrales just couldn't take the punishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there is really no point in cotto fighting paulie, he is gonna f*** him up, paulie has no power at all, cotto will knock him out, but this would be a great Puerto Rico vs Mexico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    What if Corrales beats Castillo... Then would he fight Cotto? I really don't think that would even be competitive. Corrales could conveivably beat Castillo in the rubber match, I dont think he could beat Cotto.. But I think Castillo could.. Don't even ask me to explain just something about watching the Torres fight, I think Castillo could be really effective against Cotto.. Corrales just couldn't take the punishment.
    Here's my post from a different forum:

Miguel Cotto:

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=033535

and Jose Luis Castillo:

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=008837

must have signed to fight each other for the WBO light welterweight title, but I'm sure that the contract is valid only if Cotto doesn't suffer a disaster against Malignaggi and Castillo comes out of his fight with Corrales in good health. The contract might include contingencies about whether Cotto or Castillo win in their earlier bouts. I'm sure that we will hear about it soon.

Castillo's fight with Corrales is for the WBC Lightweight Title so the result of this fight won't change the status of the fight in November between Cotto and Castillo, which is for the WBO light welterweight title.

However, the Malignaggi-Cotto fight in June is for the WBO Light Welterweight Title, and if Malignaggi wins we may see Malignaggi (instead of Cotto) against Castillo in November.

This may sound confusing but it's not any worse than what we have in the playoffs in football these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man this fight is much bigger than Judah-PBF, I hope it goes through.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another fighter that you promote and is causing a big stir among the Hispanic boxing fans, Jose Luis Castillo. What are your plans for Castillo? He is talking about fighting sometime in April for a tune up fight before the Corrales fight.
    Yes, he is going to fight Corrales in June 3rd and then the winner of that fight will be in line to fight Miguel Cotto later on this year. Cause I am all for making the best and biggest possible fights. To piddle around with appearance fights doesn’t make any sense. The public gets bored. The public wants to see competition with top level fighters.

To put Castillo against a fighter like Cotto which you also promote. They are both your fighters and some might say that’s insane. Cotto, is he ready for a fighter like Castillo?
    He thinks he is. He has a manager, they make their own decisions. You know, the fact that I promote both of them just makes it easier to make the match but I am not the manager of either one of them

http://www.fightnews.com/reyes41.htm

In another interview,at a later date,which I cannot find at the moment,Arum stated Cotto would definitely be fighting Castillo as Castillo had stated that the 3rd Chico fight would be his last at 135.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto will have his hands full, and he better work on his "D". Battle of body-bangers! Gotta love it!

Castillo by KO.

Thread Information