Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Up and coming prospects

A thread for those with potential. Came across this today

This guy started in 2016 and at 6 foot 7 and a super welter . (That is 6 inches taller than Hearns )

Early days, he is only 21 but maybe one to look out for.

Add your picks early. No need to be contenders yet just
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Up and coming prospects

Try and include some footage if you can

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'The towering Inferno' (show our age if you remember that being a Christmas classic every year) fights Hector Zepeda in two days time on Friday 21 June. On Boxnation in the UK and on ShoBox in the USA.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    A thread for those with potential. Came across this today

This guy started in 2016 and at 6 foot 7 and a super welter . (That is 6 inches taller than Hearns )

Early days, he is only 21 but maybe one to look out for.

Add your picks early. No need to be contenders yet just

This kids a freak, never heard of him but fuck me he took a heavy body shot then banged the black guy right out.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on him, like the look of him already.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6” 7 and 154 pounds It almost seems like it should be physically impossible for him to make it with that build. Hard to make a lot out of that other than he isnt a bum, but yeah definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Have to admit I find it hard to follow who the good prospects are these days. I miss ESPN friday night fights and such a fair bit, that used to be a good platform for up and comers fighting stateside. Now you can only hope to see decent undercards for big fights, but they seem more few and far between, maybe just me.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    6” 7 and 154 pounds It almost seems like it should be physically impossible for him to make it with that build. Hard to make a lot out of that other than he isnt a bum, but yeah definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Have to admit I find it hard to follow who the good prospects are these days. I miss ESPN friday night fights and such a fair bit, that used to be a good platform for up and comers fighting stateside. Now you can only hope to see decent undercards for big fights, but they seem more few and far between, maybe just me.

No.. you're right. It used to be easier to identify and follow up and coming prospects where there was more free coverage on TV.

Regarding this kid..... oh yeah, 6 foot 7 at 154 pounds with skills and power is an absolute nightmare for any super welter at this point. It's almost unfair. But boxing's about making weight, not height, so.....

I'm thinking he makes a pretty good splash at that weight (gotta watch that defense, though), before his age and body frame makes it impossible for him to remain at that weight. Eventually he'll move on to middle, super middle, and who knows... if he's still around he's got the height to make heavyweight (not that I think he'll make it that far).

Oh... he's also a southpaw. Double nightmare for the 154 pounders.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

No.. you're right. It used to be easier to identify and follow up and coming prospects where there was more free coverage on TV.

Regarding this kid..... oh yeah, 6 foot 7 at 154 pounds with skills and power is an absolute nightmare for any super welter at this point. It's almost unfair. But boxing's about making weight, not height, so.....

I'm thinking he makes a pretty good splash at that weight (gotta watch that defense, though), before his age and body frame makes it impossible for him to remain at that weight. Eventually he'll move on to middle, super middle, and who knows... if he's still around he's got the height to make heavyweight (not that I think he'll make it that far).

Oh... he's also a southpaw. Double nightmare for the 154 pounders.
    Have to third that. There seems to be less regularity..that consistency..when it comes to regular shows/cards. Times are more random now, half on this app and half on this social media site etc. There's everything to be said about the consistency of a regular series on the screen.

Fondura is fun stuff. Definitely has a P Williams thing going and is a complete buzz saw inside. Pretty accurate for reach and hellacious uppercuts. Looking forward to his fight tomorrow night. One of the best things about Showtime is the focus some up and comers featured on the off shoot ShoBox The next generation.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have loved to have seen him as an MMA fighter. With those long ass legs and southpaw stance he could kick his opponent's liver into orbit from a mile away.

But he'll outgrow 154 very soon and get exposed. Dude has no clue how to utilize his size other than run people over.

Funny enough he has a 74 inch reach. For comparison Anthony Joshua is the same height and has an 82 inch reach. Even Errol Spence has a 73 inch reach and he's about 5 foot 9.

But I suppose that doesn't take into account the torso length and length of your legs, which can effectively increase your 'range' by leaning. Interesting cat, worth watching just for the freak show
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 06-22-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that this young man has a tremendous future: http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/807163

He was supposed to have fought last night in Mexico against this guy:http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/248749
    But I haven't heard how, or if, the fight turned out.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I think that this young man has a tremendous future: http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/807163

He was supposed to have fought last night in Mexico against this guy:http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/248749
    But I haven't heard how, or if, the fight turned out.
    It is next Friday, the 28th.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Otha Jones III is 2-0 fought on Friday on the undercard Benn and Cheesman fights. Very talented and has a good back flip.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Otha Jones III is 2-0 fought on Friday on the undercard Benn and Cheesman fights. Very talented and has a good back flip.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is another one: http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/818461
    I think they are matching him a bit too soft, but he is getting too quality sparring. He recently sparred with Rigondeaux, and is currently working with top ranked Brandon Figueroa as they both prepare for upcoming fights.

Thread Information