Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Adam Kownacki vs. Chris Arreola in Fun Fight in Brooklyn in August

Even if “The Nightmare” comes in at a higher weight, he should not be taken lightly given what Andy Ruiz did to Anthony Joshua. Boxing fans now know that looks can be deceiving as the variables of hand speed, stamina, techniques, and ring IQ become more relevant than muscle mass, an issue that this time around will be moot.

When Chris’s weight is under 250, he is a very dangerous heavyweight, especially in the early rounds. Once he has his opponent hurt, he closes as well as anyone in boxing. This Mexican-American, raised in East Los Angeles, was an accomplished amateur and knows his way around the ring with a solid grasp of fundamentals

“The Nightmare” clearly has fought a higher level of opposition but aside from his bout against the unheralded and tedious Augustin, he hasn’t looked in top form since blowing away Seth Mitchell in 2013. Moreover, his experience could be offset by his age, ring mileage, and the younger Kownacki’s “home field advantage” at Barclays where he has built up a tremendous fan base.

Like Arreola, "Babyface" was an accomplished amateur. He spars a lot with Jarrell Miller—the two are close friends—and he fights in a similar manner except that his shots seem to carry more pop than Big Baby’s.

I se the schmoo-like “Babyface” Kownacki (19-0, 15 KOs) stopping Chris in the mid rounds.

How about you?

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adam Kownacki vs. Chris Arreola in Fun Fight in Brooklyn in August

mid to late rounds. Sooner the better. No need for a guy with no major money stashed up getting brain damaged.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola does not have the inner fire to win at this level any more. Even if by some accident he beats Kownacki where does he go?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Arreola does not have the inner fire to win at this level any more. Even if by some accident he beats Kownacki where does he go?
    Good point

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kownacki will lose at some point.

It just won't be against Arreola.

El Kabong Guest

Arreola can last if he fights smart, but hell he would have had a longer career if he fought smart earlier on. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. It should be a fun fight while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Surely there's a Goldern Corral nearby

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kownacki comes in some 20 lbs heavier. Maybe t shirts should become optional for prime time free tv heavies. Hope that Pascal v Brown turns into a quality scrap.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Kownacki comes in some 20 lbs heavier.
    big is beautiful
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola has been looking pretty bad for the last few years, shame he was always a class above the regular journeyman. I think kownacki will just beat on him for twelve rounds or whenever Arreola corner stops it...

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Arreola has been looking pretty bad for the last few years, shame he was always a class above the regular journeyman. I think kownacki will just beat on him for twelve rounds or whenever Arreola corner stops it...
    I have always liked Arreola maybe because he was so upset when he lost a title bout.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missed everything after Pascal dropped him with the right hand but good on Pascal pulling off the tech decision!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And before you can say it's odd for Curtis Stevens to come down to 154 at this stage there he is being absolutely dominated and ko'd by welterweight Wale Omotoso . He was hurt by nearly every shot that touched him. Time to call it a day

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TEST..new posts are appearing behind old ones for some reason. 8:50 pm here

Weird. Anyway.. really want to see Chris pull this off. Should be some fire works!
    Last edited by Spicoli; 08-04-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This isn't on any of the channels. I get, so I'm not watching... Seen the Facebook highlights though.. Didn't realise Steven's had gone Down in weight for this, that'll be him retiring then.

I like Arreola but I hope the pole wins, Arreola has had his time and is only going to get splatted v the top guys now. The pole is a hard worker and not rubbish.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's hope this one post gets through. I had written another one and it never made it. Anyway..... watched some of the Pascal-Browne fight and it ended badly for Browne. He had won every other round except the ones he was knocked down in..... one of them twice..... and ended up losing a technical decision after an accidental headbutt opened a new eye above his left one (ouch).

Arreola-Kownacki (how do announcers get an "s" sound out of Kownacki?) was a slugfest. Kudos to Chris for hanging in there after hurting his left hand midway through the fight. Kownacki looked good, but maybe less so than in the past..... or should I say more vulnerable. He's certainly there to be hit, and I don't know how he'd stand up to the bombs of a Deontay Wilder. One fight that would be super interesting to watch would be Kownacki-Ruiz. Two fat boys with no reverse gear and good power.

Well... better stop writing in case I get told that I need to wait 3,582 seconds before making my next post.

Thread Information