Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What would be a better fight Cotto-Gatti or Cotto-Castillo

Bob arum said if cotto beats mallignagi and castillo beats corrales, then it will be cotto-castillo. arturo gatti in his press conference with baldomir said he wants to fight cotto after baldomir. what would be a better fight.

I cannot see cotto beating castillo, as castillo is more experienced, has tremendous power and granite chin.

while gatti-cotto can be a classic, although I would favor cotto to win this fight, it would be action packed with lots of knockdowns.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What would be a better fight Cotto-Gatti or Cotto-Castillo

cotto vz castillo.

cotto will crush gatti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't think Gatti has the durability anymore to make it a fight. Castillo would be a nice one. I'd give Jose the the edge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My boy Miguel would destroy Gatti,Castillo would be tougher but as long as he stays on the outside,keeps Castillo at then end of his jab and works the body,slowing him down,he can win ud esily. Hoever,if he tried to fight Castillo,it would be close but I'd still back Miguel.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    My boy Miguel would destroy Gatti,Castillo would be tougher but as long as he stays on the outside,keeps Castillo at then end of his jab and works the body,slowing him down,he can win ud esily. Hoever,if he tried to fight Castillo,it would be close but I'd still back Miguel.
    Completely disagree. Castillo fights alot like that Torres guy did, only he is a proven world class fighter who can go to war for 12 rounds with a granite chin. If Torres had simply been able to keep it up theres no way Cotto would have made it out of a couple of those rounds. I think it could be a great fight, but I don't see how there is any way you can say Cotto could win "easily".. NOONE beats Castillo easily. Miguels best chance to win would be to literally stink the place out, like Mayweather did in the 2nd fight.. And take no chances at all, but I would still favour Castillo because I think his skills are just as good as Cotto and he could work his way inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think castillo walks thru cotto and i think gatti kayoes him early.....cotto cant take shots period---hes begging to get ktfo.........if torres had any idea how to fight a lick he would have scorched cotto--he almost did anyway....both castillo and this version of gatti know how to pace themselves and how to box--how to fight-----ive always felt cotto was way overrated ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup . I pick Cotto over both of them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Completely disagree. Castillo fights alot like that Torres guy did, only he is a proven world class fighter who can go to war for 12 rounds with a granite chin. If Torres had simply been able to keep it up theres no way Cotto would have made it out of a couple of those rounds. I think it could be a great fight, but I don't see how there is any way you can say Cotto could win "easily".. NOONE beats Castillo easily. Miguels best chance to win would be to literally stink the place out, like Mayweather did in the 2nd fight.. And take no chances at all, but I would still favour Castillo because I think his skills are just as good as Cotto and he could work his way inside.
    My bad,good point,no-one looks good against Castillo BUT you can't compare Torres and Cotto to Cotto and JLC because Torres was an unknown,Miguel did not know what to expect. Ans I can gurantee if Miguel can take 25 plus clean from Torres in that round,that Torres would not have stopped him. If that did not do it,what will?It's possible that Torres has more power than Castillo too. Castillo is skilled ut I don't think as much as Cotto,the boy has it all! Like I said,and as was evident when Chico Corrales left some room between himself and Castillo,JLC can be outboxed at a distance and Cotto's body shots will slow anyone down. I'm backing Cotto alllll the way,I have faith in this boy.

AC-Cobra Guest

Cotto destroys Gatti now, prime Gatti would of won a very exciting fight now though.

I personally believe Castillo would beat Cotto, Castillo can box, go to war, has great power (reference Corrales attempt at the Judah hustle) and is tough as anyone out there. This would be an awesome fight though and probably one of the highest grossing in a long time I would bet. Think about it, American's are gonna buy it because its a high profile fight that could be good and even great and I imagine you'd get double the attention from the Latin market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto castillo the best fight to watch, and cotto wins both with his smart combos, power and good defence at slow pace. Gatti would be easy work. Too slow. Speed = trouble for cotto.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think cotto destroys gatti. yes he will be the favorite to win but I think gatti can still keep it competitive with his power remember whenever cotto has faced anyone with decent power his legs start to wobble plus with gatti's never say die attituted we will definetly see a war. a lot of people have writtern off gatti from the mayweather fight but that is because it was mayweather who at 140 was at most his best weight. I still would rather see gatti-cotto.

It would be the real Gatti vs "The Puerto Rican Gatti"(Larry Merchant)
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that you guys are being a little hard on Gatti. The man is a warrior and is a lot better than any of the fighters that Cotto has ever faced. He can realy turn the fight into a war and of course he has the expirience when it comes to those type of fights. I'm not saying Cotto can't beat him but it won't be as easy as some of yall are making it look. Never the less it would be a great fight and I would love to watch it. As for Castillo, Cotto can't beat him yet. Castillo will take him to a place hes'e never been and KO him inside of 9 rounds.
    " To beat me he will have to kill me and to do that he has to be willing to die himself "

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    I don't think cotto destroys gatti. yes he will be the favorite to win but I think gatti can still keep it competitive with his power remember whenever cotto has faced anyone with decent power his legs start to wobble plus with gatti's never say die attituted we will definetly see a war. a lot of people have writtern off gatti from the mayweather fight but that is because it was mayweather who at 140 was at most his best weight. I still would rather see gatti-cotto.

Cotto has been down once and was pushed,he was wobbled on the temple against Corley who also shook Floyd,and those are the only 2 that have ever hurt him. Torres had a 90%plus ko record so it actually shows how good Miguel's chin was,to take all those clean in round 2 and come back with the better at the end of the round!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

miguel cotto is my wigga.

he will bring the 411 down on a biatches a s s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley

Cotto has been down once and was pushed,he was wobbled on the temple against Corley who also shook Floyd,and those are the only 2 that have ever hurt him. Torres had a 90%plus ko record so it actually shows how good Miguel's chin was,to take all those clean in round 2 and come back with the better at the end of the round!!!
    that is why gatti-cotto will be a good fight coz they are both warriors who are slightly flawed.

Thread Information