Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why is Hatton so popular in Britain compared to

All the past fighters? I think the Eubank, Calzaghe, Lewis, Collins were all better p4p than him, and Nigel Benn was more exciting. So how is it that Hatton is the one who is so liked by everyone in Britain and around the world in general? Most british boxers have miles of more class than american fighters Benn, Eubank, and Calzaghe among them so why is Hatton liked more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is Hatton so popular in Britain compared to

the guys a class act in and out of the ring. hes unbeaten, his best years are yet to come plus hes one of the most accessible fighters you could meet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    All the past fighters? I think the Eubank, Calzaghe, Lewis, Collins were all better p4p than him, and Nigel Benn was more exciting. So how is it that Hatton is the one who is so liked by everyone in Britain and around the world in general? Most british boxers have miles of more class than american fighters Benn, Eubank, and Calzaghe among them so why is Hatton liked more?
    Hatton is a diamond geezer, but make no bones about it, he lacks the popularity of Bruno and Cooper (by far the top two) or Benn and Eubank.

But then the sport is not as popular as it was in the 80s and early 90s.

He is more popular than Naseem, because he comes across on TV (rightly or wrongly) as a much nicer person.

As for Joe, like Lewis he gets a deep, deep respect, but because he is a sheep shagging wop , he lacks that hero quality, because the English cannot have a Celt hero

I hope you realise, this is done deeply tongue in cheek, I mean the Welsh are very nice people...away from sheep :P

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are indeed partial to some furry sheep sex - no homosexual stuff though, that's filthy!

[attachment deleted by admin]
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    We are indeed partial to some furry sheep sex - no homosexual stuff though, that's filthy!
    LOL, [click] not least, because no doubt you are some 6' 4" 20 stone monster Rugby player

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How old are you?These guys were all far more well known to the general public in their prime than Hatton is at the moment!
    I will die at my post , on the streets or in prison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont know what you mean, alot of people here in england dont even know who Ricky Hatton is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid

He is more popular than Naseem, because he comes across on TV (rightly or wrongly) as a much nicer person.
    depends how u wanna define popular? popular as in more known - no way. absolutely everyone i knew was talkin about Naseem Hamed in his hey day. no one talks about hatton outside of boxing, they just know he's an 'alrite fighter from manchester'.

popular as in more liked - yes u are definately right. though Naz did have his fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Medina
    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid

depends how u wanna define popular? popular as in more known - no way. absolutely everyone i knew was talkin about Naseem Hamed in his hey day. no one talks about hatton outside of boxing, they just know he's an 'alrite fighter from manchester'.

popular as in more liked - yes u are definately right. though Naz did have his fans.
    Popular, as in more liked, is indeed what I meant, I would agree Naseem is more known by the general public, in his pomp.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fighting ability is one of the last things that fight fans care about, Ricky is Gutsy in the ring. Works for 100% of the fight and is a down to earth bloke.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky is a very good figher and very underrated skill wise Plus hes a very nice kid
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton is P4P one of the best we've had too, Calzaghe isn't really a man of the people even though he's an amazing boxer and a genuinly nice guy aswell I hear. Plus dominant fighters tend not to be in such good fights. Bruno and Benn were definatly more popular in the mainstream.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton

1. Heis the real deal. He beat the best champion in the divison.
    2. He has the ability and style that makes us wanna watch him.
    3. If you hear his interviews, you will know that he has bags of charisma.
    4. He has the coolest intro song, since the one played when Nigel Benn lost to Watson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton is NOWHERE NEAR as popular as Benn and Eubank outside of Manchester. I don't know what planet your on if you believe Hatton is anything close to the popularity of what Benn and Eubank were, obviously you don't live in Britain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    Hatton is NOWHERE NEAR as popular as Benn and Eubank outside of Manchester. I don't know what planet your on if you believe Hatton is anything close to the popularity of what Benn and Eubank were, obviously you don't live in Britain.
    I think that that is the Sky factor, he beat one of the best boxers in the world and wasnt even in the top 3 British personalitys of the year, but he won the best boxer of 2005 award from nearly everyone in the States, it's a pity he wont be fighting on Itv because his style would make him so popular.

Thread Information