Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: The hypocrisy of this board

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a hole in the ground
    Posts
    23,387
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3137
    Cool Clicks

    Default The hypocrisy of this board

    A few weeks ago some yanks started a thread moaning about having to keep the Contender results to themselves to spare the Brits from finding out the results.

    'If you don't want to know the result don't visit the board', a few of them said.

    Now the Calzaghe fight is on in the US on tape delay we Brits have to keep a respectful silence ragarding Joe's _______y tonight to spare the yanks.

    So why don't you guys just not view the board then,


    Oh how the worm has turned

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,428
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1846
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Shoes on the other foot now, I did try explaining how it works over here in the UK...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,841
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1779
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    May I be so polite as to ask what kind of result finishes with a ______y, except the obvious one? Not to spoil anything of course, but you seem to have made it too easy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a hole in the ground
    Posts
    23,387
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3137
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    May I be so polite as to ask what kind of result finishes with a ______y, except the obvious one? Not to spoil anything of course, but you seem to have made it too easy.
    Me spoil anything? Not me, honest guvner

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3232
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board


    IMO wheather it be you Brits or us Yanks....No biggie to post spoilers just mention it in the title of the thread and this way it is no ones fault but the person who clicks and decides to open it...Fair enough no?......

    As for me I don't give to shits either way...I'll end up watching it
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    24,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1377
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    A few weeks ago some yanks started a thread moaning about having to keep the Contender results to themselves to spare the Brits from finding out the results.

    'If you don't want to know the result don't visit the board', a few of them said.

    Now the Calzaghe fight is on in the US on tape delay we Brits have to keep a respectful silence ragarding Joe's _______y tonight to spare the yanks.

    So why don't you guys just not view the board then,


    Oh how the worm has turned
    Actually...I'm a Yank...& I got scolded for posting some shit about the Contender...so that shit aint floatin.

    As far as the results of the fight...if no one wants to see them...then they should just skip all the posts & wait on Wacko's Drunken Round by Round to tell them that Joe won.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,509
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1080
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    A few weeks ago some yanks started a thread moaning about having to keep the Contender results to themselves to spare the Brits from finding out the results.

    'If you don't want to know the result don't visit the board', a few of them said.

    Now the Calzaghe fight is on in the US on tape delay we Brits have to keep a respectful silence ragarding Joe's _______y tonight to spare the yanks.

    So why don't you guys just not view the board then,


    Oh how the worm has turned
    all i got to say is...

    could calzaghe have possibly found a worse fighter with a decent looking record?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    822
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    A few weeks ago some yanks started a thread moaning about having to keep the Contender results to themselves to spare the Brits from finding out the results.

    'If you don't want to know the result don't visit the board', a few of them said.

    Now the Calzaghe fight is on in the US on tape delay we Brits have to keep a respectful silence ragarding Joe's _______y tonight to spare the yanks.

    So why don't you guys just not view the board then,


    Oh how the worm has turned
    I can see not wanting to know about the Contender.....It's a friggiin miniseries!!!!...I loved watching it every week and look forward to it.....so they should save it for Eastside or a US based board.....The Joe C fight I might never get to see so I count on reading the opinions and observations of my Eurpoean Brothers/Sisters!!!!! and if someone can't see the difference between the 2 they need to GTFO (GET THE ..you know the rest)
    It feels good to be back home.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,077
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1870
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    My point when I made the thread was that it is alot easier to keep a single fight quiet than it is to keep a 2 month long series quiet.

    "If you don't want to know then don't look" is worldwide.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,428
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1846
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    thats why all people ask for is a warning *SPOILERS!*

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,077
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1870
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    thats why all people ask for is a warning *SPOILERS!*
    Right.

    But you can't account for drifters or people who don't post enough to account for the rules.

    If I were that worried about not knowing I would steer clear of the board. You never know what new guy signed up yesterday and ruined it for you. It's a foolish gamble and I see no grounds for complaint if you crap out.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,428
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1846
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    It's not new people who do it generally though...

    In the thread Bilbo made... the same people complaining about not wanting to have to stear clear of the forum until after they had seen the fight were the same people having a go at people being unhappy about contender spoilers.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a hole in the ground
    Posts
    23,387
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3137
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    It's not new people who do it generally though...

    In the thread Bilbo made... the same people complaining about not wanting to have to stear clear of the forum until after they had seen the fight were the same people having a go at people being unhappy about contender spoilers.


    You the man buddy, glad to see someone's got my back :P

    @ boxinggoriila, Don't sweat it mate, it was just a tongue in cheek thread really, I just found it amusing that there was a 'Dont spoil this for the yanks' sticky when u all complained about giving the Brits the same treatment.

    Personally I couldnt much care as I download every fight I want to see within minutes of it being upped

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    19,037
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1727
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    thats why all people ask for is a warning *SPOILERS!*
    Right.

    But you can't account for drifters or people who don't post enough to account for the rules.

    If I were that worried about not knowing I would steer clear of the board. You never know what new guy signed up yesterday and ruined it for you. It's a foolish gamble and I see no grounds for complaint if you crap out.
    and in which case call on the mods so we'll put a big ass SPOILER in the thread. Protect and serve

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    817
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The hypocrisy of this board

    Not really sure what bilbo is going on about but I just wanna throw this out there...

    You yanks is the equivalent to saying you niggers in the context that it's being used in

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing