Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66

Thread: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1240
    Cool Clicks

    Default Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao
    By Dan Hernandez-September 19, 2007

    It has been established that Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao, 44-3-2, 35 KO’s, is a fighter for the ages. He is strong, aggressive, powerful and willing to brawl. He is as close to fearless in the ring as I can imagine. The first time I saw him was on an HBO telecast a few years back and I told my cronies, “Who is this guy?” The pure energy that is he exhibited was overwhelming; and, he was just standing in the corner waiting for the bout to commence. It got better.

    full story: http://ringsidereport.com/rsr/news.php?readmore=1856

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,832
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1865
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    He set the west in flames.

  3. #3
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Pacquiao would lose to them all.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,832
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1865
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Pacquiao would lose to them all.
    they all became too big for pac, if they were brought up the same size as pac it would be a different story. chins will definitly be tested floyd would be the most suspect.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1240
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Pacquiao would lose to them all.
    they all became too big for pac, if they were brought up the same size as pac it would be a different story. chins will definitly be tested floyd would be the most suspect.
    That's the best thing you have posted here in Saddo JuliusRain.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    19,037
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1699
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Pacquiao would lose to them all.
    they all became too big for pac, if they were brought up the same size as pac it would be a different story. chins will definitly be tested floyd would be the most suspect.
    yes based on the times he's been knocked out/down..no wait that can't be right

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    917
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Pacquiao will lose to all of them mainly because of PAC being so small. I was just watching Kid Diamond and Huerta on Versus On-Demand I just realized how big the frames are on these 135pounders.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,832
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1865
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Pacquiao would lose to them all.
    they all became too big for pac, if they were brought up the same size as pac it would be a different story. chins will definitly be tested floyd would be the most suspect.
    yes based on the times he's been knocked out/down..no wait that can't be right
    NO! its because he hasn't been hit as often and as hard unlike the others whom are sure to land more then once a round

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Arguello and Chavez would eat Manny for breakfast. Arguello's size and power would be too much,even when after 70 plus pro fights,he gave a prime Aron Pryor hell. Arguello's straight right hands,left hooks and bodywork would hurt Manny and stop him.

    JCC-no-one beat a prime JCC unless you boxed. Stand toe to toe even for a few rounds and you will get hurt:ask Meldrick Taylor etc. Impossible to hurt,strong,Manny has been hurt and knocked out by bodyshots before and no-one worked the body more than Chavez. Cahevz via vicious left hook to the body stoppage.

    Mayweather- an all time great at the lower weights. It's because of the guys he beat there that he is P4P number 1 because his resume at 140 onwards is hardly impressive. Still,at 130/135,the complete fighter. Had power,speed,awesome defence,everything. Would batter Manny. Faster,more skillful than anyone Manny has ever faced.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1240
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Arguello and Chavez would eat Manny for breakfast. Arguello's size and power would be too much,even when after 70 plus pro fights,he gave a prime Aron Pryor hell. Arguello's straight right hands,left hooks and bodywork would hurt Manny and stop him.

    JCC-no-one beat a prime JCC unless you boxed. Stand toe to toe even for a few rounds and you will get hurt:ask Meldrick Taylor etc. Impossible to hurt,strong,Manny has been hurt and knocked out by bodyshots before and no-one worked the body more than Chavez. Cahevz via vicious left hook to the body stoppage.

    Mayweather- an all time great at the lower weights. It's because of the guys he beat there that he is P4P number 1 because his resume at 140 onwards is hardly impressive. Still,at 130/135,the complete fighter. Had power,speed,awesome defence,everything. Would batter Manny. Faster,more skillful than anyone Manny has ever faced.

    are you serious Gamo? you're talking about pac going down because of body shots. can you live with the present and try to understand(at least watch) why he was knocked out?

  11. #11
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Arguello and Chavez would eat Manny for breakfast. Arguello's size and power would be too much,even when after 70 plus pro fights,he gave a prime Aron Pryor hell. Arguello's straight right hands,left hooks and bodywork would hurt Manny and stop him.

    JCC-no-one beat a prime JCC unless you boxed. Stand toe to toe even for a few rounds and you will get hurt:ask Meldrick Taylor etc. Impossible to hurt,strong,Manny has been hurt and knocked out by bodyshots before and no-one worked the body more than Chavez. Cahevz via vicious left hook to the body stoppage.

    Mayweather- an all time great at the lower weights. It's because of the guys he beat there that he is P4P number 1 because his resume at 140 onwards is hardly impressive. Still,at 130/135,the complete fighter. Had power,speed,awesome defence,everything. Would batter Manny. Faster,more skillful than anyone Manny has ever faced.

    are you serious Gamo? you're talking about pac going down because of body shots. can you live with the present and try to understand(at least watch) why he was knocked out?
    Yes but he still doesn't change the fact that Chavez's body shots would ware out Pac and eventually stop him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Bruce,no offence,but you need to go and re watch the Manny career set. Maybe not just the knockout,but there were plenty of fights where Manny was hurt to the body. Any pac fan would know this and no-one hit harder or more consistently to the body than Chavez. Manny has a long way to go before people write articles like that about him. I'm not saying he cannot achieve it but there are far far far too many overly optimistic/over confident fans/writers/article about him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1240
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    I think chavez would have a hard time hitting manny in the body. If he does it, Manny would barrage him with punches in the face. Rodela, Manny's sparring partner, described manny's punches that it was like being hit by a bat. That was the reason MAB could not recover from Manny's punches. do you think chavez would also be able to withstand it?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    I think chavez would have a hard time hitting manny in the body. If he does it, Manny would barrage him with punches in the face. Rodela, Manny's sparring partner, described manny's punches that it was like being hit by a bat. That was the reason MAB could not recover from Manny's punches. do you think chavez would also be able to withstand it?
    Please don't try and compare Pac to JCC,there is no comparison. Chavez went down for the first time in 95 plus fight(can't remember the specific number). He fought guys with huge power like Rosario,Ramirez etc. They didn't hurt him. Manny would barrage him in the face? He;s been hurt on numerous occassions to the body,I didn't see any barrages to the face. A prime JCC would easily withstand,he had one of the greatest chins in the history of boxing.

    And that's his SPARRING PARTNER...he gets paid to say that. And WTF is Rodela?Tell me about him.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1240
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dream a Little Dream: Matching Manny Pacquiao

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    I think chavez would have a hard time hitting manny in the body. If he does it, Manny would barrage him with punches in the face. Rodela, Manny's sparring partner, described manny's punches that it was like being hit by a bat. That was the reason MAB could not recover from Manny's punches. do you think chavez would also be able to withstand it?
    Please don't try and compare Pac to JCC,there is no comparison. Chavez went down for the first time in 95 plus fight(can't remember the specific number). He fought guys with huge power like Rosario,Ramirez etc. They didn't hurt him. Manny would barrage him in the face? He;s been hurt on numerous occassions to the body,I didn't see any barrages to the face. A prime JCC would easily withstand,he had one of the greatest chins in the history of boxing.

    And that's his SPARRING PARTNER...he gets paid to say that. And WTF is Rodela?Tell me about him.
    Rodela had been the sparring partner of MAB, fyi. He compared MAB and Manny as very far in terms of power. He was comparing a Barrera that was at his peak.

    funny that we are trying to make a hypothetical fight between chavez and manny. it will never be settled.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing