Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    ICB Guest

    Default Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHFKQWdxwQ&feature



    The rest of the fight is on Youtube but the reason i put this video up. Is because alot of people think Cintron has good chance against Williams, and im not quite sure why ?? Williams has took flush body and head punches from big punchers like Margarito and Mattysse, so i ask them people how does Cintron have good chance ??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    4,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    924
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Well this is boxing and cintron has enough bang in his fists to change a fight, although williams has shown to have a sturdy chin thus far, you just never know I guess!.I wouldn't give cintron to much a chance though I'd think it would be a loopsided decision in williams' favor, I also think cintron would get discouraged eventually after he saw that williams just keeps on comming and throwing an insane amount of punches. I mean in his fight with margarito he dominated the first 6 rounds or so but then took a bunch of and margarito had a real strong showing in the 11th but unexpectedly williams just came out and took the 12th and made it look easy in my eyes, so jeah basically cintrons best chance is to land a hail mary shot!

  3. #3
    SigmaMu Guest

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    This is what makes Paul Williams so entertaining. I will give credit to Walter Matthysse for trying his @ss off. This is why I thought Tony was going to beat Williams because Paul loves to mix it up and I thought Tony was going to put the pressure on Paul and catch Paul like Walter did, but Tony just never seemed to let his hands go enough and charge like a wild bull. Walter and Paul were all over each other in this fight. David almost slain Goliath in this one. What a great fight

  4. #4
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    I know Williams isn't a big puncher, but when he lands the sound of shot is loud. That mean's he throws his punches very sharp and quick, im Mayweather fan but i honestly don't see Mayweather beating Williams. I think Mayweather would have to try and counter Williams, but Mayweather wouldn't be able to move out of the way without being caught on the counter himself. Because of Williams speed and reach, i honestly believe Williams work rate, reach, height is way too much for Mayweather and when Mayweather goes on the ropes Williams would throw barrage of punches so Mayweather's shoulder roll wouldn't be as effective because of the variety of punches Williams throws, i know when guys like Chavez threw barrage of punches he missed tons, but Chavez usually used to start slow so when he started fast against Mayweather that wasn't really a fighting style he was comfortable with, but Williams is whole different kind of animal because of his speed and the height Mayweather would struggle to counter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Well,that doesn't prove anything. Sharmba wobbled and backed upWilliams with some shots.Ditto Mathysse and Kermit hits harder than both. Also,Mathysse power is questionable as he got blown out by Kermit and Sebastian Lujan(Luajn engaged in a toe to toe war with him and wwas supposed to have far less power).

    Kermit has less of a chance than I initially thought because he still seems to have a mental frailty about him but I give him a chance nontheless.He hits harder,shot for shot,than any other WW.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    4,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    924
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Jeah williams isnt a big puncher but when you throw as many as he does I'm not really sure it even matters so much. Jeah williams would definitely give mayweather hell, but let him get another fight or 2 under his belt, that be an awesome match for late 08 or early 09. Also not to diss on mayweather but unless williams ups his profile there really is no motivation for him to fight williams because its an insanely high risk low reward fight. Williams needs to dispatch of quintana in the spring since I guess that's whom he's fighting now and then stay busy and not take such a big break as he did this time around after marg.

  7. #7
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Well,that doesn't prove anything. Sharmba wobbled and backed upWilliams with some shots.Ditto Mathysse and Kermit hits harder than both. Also,Mathysse power is questionable as he got blown out by Kermit and Sebastian Lujan(Luajn engaged in a toe to toe war with him and wwas supposed to have far less power).

    Kermit has less of a chance than I initially thought because he still seems to have a mental frailty about him but I give him a chance nontheless.He hits harder,shot for shot,than any other WW.
    Well,that doesn't prove anything. Sharmba wobbled and backed upWilliams with some shots.

    Mitchell only had really one or two moments in the fight, but Williams come right back and battered Mitchell, when your offensive fighter like Williams of course you will be wobbled or hurt but its how you react and Williams has proved he reacts well and his chin is solid.

    Also,Mathysse power is questionable as he got blown out by Kermit and Sebastian Lujan(Luajn engaged in a toe to toe war with him and wwas supposed to have far less power).

    Well couldn't we say the same for Cintron ?? he couldn't even drop or really hurt Jesse Felicano, yet light punching Mike Arnaoutis dropped Feliciano 3 times in the 1st round and stopped with him ease who has Cintron stopped worth noting ??

    Kermit has less of a chance than I initially thought because he still seems to have a mental frailty about him but I give him a chance nontheless.He hits harder,shot for shot,than any other WW.

    I don't think you can say that, because Cintron has never stopped any really good opponent's i would say Margarito hits just as hard as Cintron and Williams took Margarito's punches just fine.

  8. #8
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Quote Originally Posted by armin
    Jeah williams isnt a big puncher but when you throw as many as he does I'm not really sure it even matters so much. Jeah williams would definitely give mayweather hell, but let him get another fight or 2 under his belt, that be an awesome match for late 08 or early 09. Also not to diss on mayweather but unless williams ups his profile there really is no motivation for him to fight williams because its an insanely high risk low reward fight. Williams needs to dispatch of quintana in the spring since I guess that's whom he's fighting now and then stay busy and not take such a big break as he did this time around after marg.
    Same here i want Williams to get at least two more big wins. Then i want him in there with Mayweather, but the only problem with that is that by the time Williams gets 2 more big wins Mayweather might be retired.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,939
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4776
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    I still think williams is a work in progress.with respect I dont believe "taking" big shots is a top point for a resume.The fact that IMo,He's pretty easy to find with them says something for the future.The problem about having a good chin is having to prove it often....It can catch up to a fighter ecspecially if He does not maximize his physical gifts.Williams has a freakish frame...the body of tommy hearns but he fights like Juan diaz LOl.I think he smothers him self and lays In way to much,pulls out head up.He has some talent and a future but I see the road pretty rocky if he gets hit up like that.

    I was one saying Cintron could hurt williams but I think Cintrons problem is mental not physical.He has one punch power and can do damage to top guys,I just dont see him believing
    I think Margarito has great chance in a rematch with Williams,He started way to late in there fight.Talk about chins,when has He been hurt?And his offense of varied angels and power can be explosive.He Is one of the most Mentally strong fighters today. But he MUST start in the 1,2,3,4, rounds not the middle.But thats his style,he has himself to blame for lose to williams,as well as Pauls frenetic work rate.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    787
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Whether Cintron has mental problems or not, when he is in the ring he hits and hits harder than any welterweight. Williams doesn't have the physical presence or power in his fists to make Cintron quit like Margarito did. That being said, it doesn't seem like Williams is hard to "find" in the ring. Thus, if Mathysse was able to consistently score against Cintron, I don't see why Cintron can't consistently land against Williams. And if Cintron consistently lands against Williams, then Williams is going to get laid out. Of course, I think that Williams will pitty pat Cintron to death because he throws so many punches. And he seems to take a good punch. But in my opinion Cintron has a better than average shot to pull an upset.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3209
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Time will tell us how good williams is in truth....personally I don't like the fact he has not made a defense of his title yet....he is on a roll right now and momentum is very important.....I will not say he can beat Mayweather because he has yet to be in the ring with a fighter of Floyds caliber...

    You have good fighters,,very good fighters and the Elite....Floyd is elite...Lets not forget Williams did not beat Margarito pillar to post...he won the fight convincingly yes but it was no blow out to the point you have to think..either Margarito is shot or Williams is a phenomonon.....

    Williams still has some tricks to learn but his future looks bright and he should be successful.....

    I will say this all the talk about Floyd not being able to beat him is more the fact people want to see Floyd lose and are looking to anyone to accomplish it rather then actually believing Williams is that good
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Well,that doesn't prove anything. Sharmba wobbled and backed upWilliams with some shots.Ditto Mathysse and Kermit hits harder than both. Also,Mathysse power is questionable as he got blown out by Kermit and Sebastian Lujan(Luajn engaged in a toe to toe war with him and wwas supposed to have far less power).

    Kermit has less of a chance than I initially thought because he still seems to have a mental frailty about him but I give him a chance nontheless.He hits harder,shot for shot,than any other WW.
    Well,that doesn't prove anything. Sharmba wobbled and backed upWilliams with some shots.

    Mitchell only had really one or two moments in the fight, but Williams come right back and battered Mitchell, when your offensive fighter like Williams of course you will be wobbled or hurt but its how you react and Williams has proved he reacts well and his chin is solid.

    Also,Mathysse power is questionable as he got blown out by Kermit and Sebastian Lujan(Luajn engaged in a toe to toe war with him and wwas supposed to have far less power).

    Well couldn't we say the same for Cintron ?? he couldn't even drop or really hurt Jesse Felicano, yet light punching Mike Arnaoutis dropped Feliciano 3 times in the 1st round and stopped with him ease who has Cintron stopped worth noting ??

    Kermit has less of a chance than I initially thought because he still seems to have a mental frailty about him but I give him a chance nontheless.He hits harder,shot for shot,than any other WW.

    I don't think you can say that, because Cintron has never stopped any really good opponent's i would say Margarito hits just as hard as Cintron and Williams took Margarito's punches just fine.
    I'm not understanding your point. Your trying to give Williams credit for taking punches from Matthysse. But you don't give Cintron any credit for knocking Mattysse out. Since you say Cintron hasn't knocked anybody good out. If Matthysse ain't no good, than Williams taking his punches flush don't mean much. Cuz according to you Matthysse ain't any good.

  13. #13
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: Watch Paul Williams Take Flush Shots From Big Puncher like Walter Matthysse

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Well,that doesn't prove anything. Sharmba wobbled and backed upWilliams with some shots.Ditto Mathysse and Kermit hits harder than both. Also,Mathysse power is questionable as he got blown out by Kermit and Sebastian Lujan(Luajn engaged in a toe to toe war with him and wwas supposed to have far less power).

    Kermit has less of a chance than I initially thought because he still seems to have a mental frailty about him but I give him a chance nontheless.He hits harder,shot for shot,than any other WW.
    Well,that doesn't prove anything. Sharmba wobbled and backed upWilliams with some shots.

    Mitchell only had really one or two moments in the fight, but Williams come right back and battered Mitchell, when your offensive fighter like Williams of course you will be wobbled or hurt but its how you react and Williams has proved he reacts well and his chin is solid.

    Also,Mathysse power is questionable as he got blown out by Kermit and Sebastian Lujan(Luajn engaged in a toe to toe war with him and wwas supposed to have far less power).

    Well couldn't we say the same for Cintron ?? he couldn't even drop or really hurt Jesse Felicano, yet light punching Mike Arnaoutis dropped Feliciano 3 times in the 1st round and stopped with him ease who has Cintron stopped worth noting ??

    Kermit has less of a chance than I initially thought because he still seems to have a mental frailty about him but I give him a chance nontheless.He hits harder,shot for shot,than any other WW.

    I don't think you can say that, because Cintron has never stopped any really good opponent's i would say Margarito hits just as hard as Cintron and Williams took Margarito's punches just fine.
    I'm not understanding your point. Your trying to give Williams credit for taking punches from Matthysse. But you don't give Cintron any credit for knocking Mattysse out. Since you say Cintron hasn't knocked anybody good out. If Matthysse ain't no good, than Williams taking his punches flush don't mean much. Cuz according to you Matthysse ain't any good.
    I didn't say Mattysse was a good fighter, im saying he was a big puncher and Williams took the punches very well. I give Cintron credit for stopping Matthysse but i still think his power is overrated.

    You can still have good power but only be average fighter take Lionel Butler for example.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing