Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Into The Wild!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lived ALL over the US
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Into The Wild!

    hey buds i just watched the recent film : INTO THE WILD

    and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAH!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lived ALL over the US
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    who saw it? lets discuss it!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,968
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1388
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    I heard this movie is pretty good. I want to read the book before I watch it though, because its based on a true story. I also heard emile hirsch does a superb job acting in it and the soundtrack is supose to be good. Whats was your take on the movie?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lived ALL over the US
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    yeah i thought it was crazy! i dont want to ruin it for those of you who havent seen it, but its about a guy who just graduates from college and then just says F civilization, F money, F society. he donates his lifes savings of 25,000 to charity and burns all his money. he even abandons his car randomly on the side of the road and just becomes a traveling tramp. mostly by hitchhiking and at one point he obtains a canoe and goes all over colorado, arizona, mexico, california. his whole goal/dream is to make it to alaska and just live FREE in the wilderness up there with no rules/regulations/no money/no politics/no parents/no politicians etc etc
    Last edited by DAVIDTUA; 02-15-2008 at 11:12 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lived ALL over the US
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    yeah that dude emille hersch is the star actually and he does a really good job, i actually did not care for him at first but he really pulled it off.


    i thought he might be too much of a pretty boy, but he is a indeed a legit real actor!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lived ALL over the US
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    i dont know its one of those things where it really inspires you to go live out your goals/dreams and just say F it to everything else, but i would never be able to do what he did in a millions years.

    yeah and it is a true story which makes it that much more powerful/meaningful. not to ruin it but it is a pretty sad, F'd up ending tho. so probably not to be viewed by lil kids or sensitive bitches lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3186
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDTUA View Post
    yeah i thought it was crazy! i dont want to ruin it for those of you who havent seen it, but its about a guy who just graduates from college and then just says F civilization, F money, F society. he donates his lifes savings of 25,000 to charity and burns all his money. he even abandons his car randomly on the side of the road and just becomes a traveling tramp. mostly by hitchhiking and at one point he obtains a canoe and goes all over colorado, arizona, mexico, california. his whole goal/dream is to make it to alaska and just live FREE in the wilderness up there with no rules/regulations/no money/no politics/no parents/no politicians etc etc

    Isn't that called a bum?
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lived ALL over the US
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    technically you are correct buddy! but hes a unique bum cuz he intentionally donated all his money to charity and literally burned his money on purpose.

    he refers to himself as a "SUPER TRAMP" in the film

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1228
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    Yeah, I'm with you David Tua...

    I really liked this film and agree that Emille Hirsch did a really good job as McCandless.


    What is funny to me is the reaction of people of different ages to this film. Guys round our age (I'm 29) love it. Don't know about you, but I've got no kids - so that freedom angle I really get - fuck it all, take a chance etc.

    ALL of my older friends I have spoken too (40+, all parents) HATE this movie - they can't believe the kid was so selfish and can't believe how he just left his sister who idolized him.

    Interesting how your position in life can have such a dramatic impact on how you enjoy a film
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lived ALL over the US
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you David Tua...

    I really liked this film and agree that Emille Hirsch did a really good job as McCandless.


    What is funny to me is the reaction of people of different ages to this film. Guys round our age (I'm 29) love it. Don't know about you, but I've got no kids - so that freedom angle I really get - fuck it all, take a chance etc.

    ALL of my older friends I have spoken too (40+, all parents) HATE this movie - they can't believe the kid was so selfish and can't believe how he just left his sister who idolized him.

    Interesting how your position in life can have such a dramatic impact on how you enjoy a film
    GOOD KARMA/REPS buddy! u pretty much summed it up and took the words right out of my mouth!

    and yes my brother F them kids! thats why i always wear a condom! kids ruin everything and whats worse is when kids who arent even your own ruin everything.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,495
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2420
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    Creig, you make a very valid point regarding the link to age and responseability Up to the age of 40 My main aim was to climb as many Mountains I could find, never thinking that those close to me were worrying like Hell about my safety. Now with hindsight I have a different view, very true
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

    boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dawson Springs, KY
    Posts
    8,430
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDTUA View Post
    hey buds i just watched the recent film : INTO THE WILD

    and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAH!


    Was it good?

    Btw, "Jumper" sucks.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,968
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1388
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    I just watched this film this past weekend and have to say its incredible. Probably one of my new all time favs. It is long but I think its worth it. I still haven't read the book, but I want to.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    679
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    Did this guy end up dying in the wilderness? Or am I thinking of someone else. If you like these kinds of stories I would recommend "Alone in the Wilderness" a PBS documentary about a guy in the late 60's who goes to Alaska and builds a cabin from scratch with hand tools (no power tools). He tries to live there for one year and ends up staying for 30 something years. Just amazing.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a hole in the ground
    Posts
    23,387
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3091
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Into The Wild!

    I've got this film on my hardrive just havnt got around to watching it yet.

    sounds great though, must find time over the next few days.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Wild Card Predictions
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 07:48 PM
  2. Wild Fighters (what to do)
    By xArterialx in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 10:55 PM
  3. Drunk Animals gone Wild
    By Chris Nagel in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
  4. Boxing Gone Wild
    By BoxingGorilla in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
  5. *NFL* Wild Card Games* Who you got?
    By CutMeMick in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 08:04 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing