Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Could be in the pipelines,thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1027
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    good fight if kEN WISHES TO DIE! damn... he's old, and beat up enough he needs to rest on his laurels.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1015
    Cool Clicks

    Wink Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Kimbo VS The "Used and Abused" is getting real old real fast!!!

    Why don't you test yourself against some young up and coming MMA'ers Kimbo, your not even breaking a sweat with these Relics....Give it a rest already!
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,832
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2056
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post
    Kimbo VS The "Used and Abused" is getting real old real fast!!!

    Why don't you test yourself against some young up and coming MMA'ers Kimbo, your not even breaking a sweat with these Relics....Give it a rest already!

    Well the beating he got from gannon still runs through his mind. He needs to beat more old past it popular names for fans to buy into more of his fighting hype streek. Im sure casual fans will worship him sooner or later, cause casual means stupid. casual fans = stupid fans, same applies to boxing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1248
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Ken is really pushing it. But, it could turn out like Lesner Mir. He could absorb a beating and then get a submission. Problem is Shamrock turned into a brawler when he used to be a submission guy. He is actually a good sub guy but not so hot standup. He could win but he takes a beating first.

    75% chance of Slice winning though.

    Also USUALLY the fighters don't pick their own fights. Promoters put it together. While it's obvious he's being built up, it's not his fault. People say things like, pussy, go fight a young guy. He doesn't make the fights.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1015
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Well the beating he got from gannon still runs through his mind. He needs to beat more old past it popular names for fans to buy into more of his fighting hype streek. Im sure casual fans will worship him sooner or later, cause casual means stupid. casual fans = stupid fans, same applies to boxing.
    Yea I watched that Gannon fight quite frequently so i could prove to others who are the "Casual" fans of his that he is not invincible..However, he isn't the same fighter being under Bas Rutens wing of guidence then he was against Gannon...I think he could at least make some noise on an undercard...But if he feels he needs to pound on the useless bodies before he truly gives himself a worthy test then so be it...But the look on his face when he actually fights someone solid will be priceless!!
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1015
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post
    Ken is really pushing it. But, it could turn out like Lesner Mir. He could absorb a beating and then get a submission. Problem is Shamrock turned into a brawler when he used to be a submission guy. He is actually a good sub guy but not so hot standup. He could win but he takes a beating first.

    75% chance of Slice winning though.

    Also USUALLY the fighters don't pick their own fights. Promoters put it together. While it's obvious he's being built up, it's not his fault. People say things like, pussy, go fight a young guy. He doesn't make the fights.

    I'm definitely not calling him a Pussy, i just want to see if he's all he is hyped up to be...Washouts are not the way to go..>IMO
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1248
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post
    I'm definitely not calling him a Pussy, i just want to see if he's all he is hyped up to be...Washouts are not the way to go..>IMO

    Right, but it's still the promoters fault, not the fighter. Same as his internet fights, he didn't arrange them, he just showed up to fight. Someone else put up the money for both guys and they throw them together to fight.

    Usually a fighter wants to take on the best guys and will bite off more than they can chew and it takes someone on the outside to match them well as they grow rather than throw them to the wolves. The fighters don't manage themselves often. But if they do, then you can blame them for fighting a long string of nobodies (cough, cough, RJJ, cough).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,454
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1550
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post
    I'm definitely not calling him a Pussy, i just want to see if he's all he is hyped up to be...Washouts are not the way to go..>IMO
    Yes, I'd like to see Kimbo fight someone who is in their prime. Not necessarily because I want to see Kimbo get beaten, I just want to see how he'll measure up. I've heard a lot of people tell me he's doing good just starting out, but once he starts fighting some top professional fighters, he probably won't last.

    Wonder how Kimbo'd do against FRANK Shamrock...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CT Usa
    Posts
    8,846
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3084
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    Yes, I'd like to see Kimbo fight someone who is in their prime. Not necessarily because I want to see Kimbo get beaten, I just want to see how he'll measure up. I've heard a lot of people tell me he's doing good just starting out, but once he starts fighting some top professional fighters, he probably won't last.

    Wonder how Kimbo'd do against FRANK Shamrock...
    Frank Shamrock would pull one of Kimbo's limbs off and I am serious, Frank is a friggin legend and can still roll with the best of them

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,454
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1550
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Frank Shamrock would pull one of Kimbo's limbs off and I am serious, Frank is a friggin legend and can still roll with the best of them
    Yes I wish that was who he was fighting instead.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Cool Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    How about Kimbo Vs Brock Lesnar? That would get a lot of sells on pay tv. 2 Monsters.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hunter Valley, NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1173
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    He's only just starting on the pro fight scene, Kimbo that is. He's gotta get past those stepping stone/gate keeper fights before any of the real pro's will be interested in fighting him. The old guys see him as a quick $ fight b/c of his lack of experience and popularity. He'd be a few fights away from a decent fight i reckon if he keeps winning.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,509
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1242
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    it looks like what they want to do is have the first ever CBS main event be kimbo - shamrock, i think thats a good thing, shamrock is a known name, probably the most well known name in the US among people who dont follow MMA, and kimbo is huge and charismatic, people will be impressed by kimbo, its should be good for EXC


    shamrock is fighting in a few hours in the UK for cage rage

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice next?

    Good points Sal,from a business point of view it's a very smart move by EXC. I'm going for Kimbo via early ko,too big and strong for Ken,who is a shadow of himself.is skin cuts and bruises easily and he tries to stand and trade when that is not his game.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. For all you Kimbo Slice Fans
    By TheChosenOne in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 11:54 PM
  2. Kimbo Slice is after me
    By Landon in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
  3. Who is Kimbo Slice???
    By porkypara in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 07:11 PM
  4. Anyone know how I can get ahold of Kimbo Slice?
    By Brockton Bomber in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 08:07 PM
  5. kimbo slice
    By TheChosenOne in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 04:40 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Saddo Boxing - Boxing