Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Dana White...Some issues.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Dana White...Some issues.

    He's done a fantastic job marketing and promoting the UFC as I've mentioned in another thread on the boxing board. But rewatching a couple of post fight press conferences he made me feel quite angry with his lack of tact and diplomacy.

    In the Jardine vs. Lidell post fight press conference he was asked of his opinion on Elite XC and other organisations.
    "They Suck"
    He was then rescued from his statement by a journalist asking "Do you mean they are more development organisations, developing young talent?"
    "Yeah"

    He then went on to disrespect all of the press media, and journalist who had created pound for pound ranking lists with Pride fighters included.
    He implied that Pride fighters were inferior and yet he preached of the greatness of Wanderlai Silva among others.

    The final straw for me was how he dealt with questions from the media. As head of a blosoming oraganisation relying on the medias help to market and promote his sport, he should know better than to address the media with swear words and slang.




    Also, he's in love with Lidell.
    091

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    I dont see how he can disrespect Pride fighters and say there inferior,most of the best Pride fighters are now UFC fighters,including 3 of the UFC champions! Non of the hardcore MMA fans take any notice of Dana anyway tbh.I dont actualy mind Dana i'd prefare him in charge than some marketing/corprate buisness type dick head! Dana Whites actualy a Boxing man deep down,think he's Boxed himself a bit and was something of a low level promoter?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Guatemala, Guatemala
    Posts
    579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    867
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    Dana's a former Golden Glove boxing champ or something...he at one point knew his way around the ring. He was then a promoter for a while...not sure on how successful, but I don't wanna say very.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by njackets View Post
    I dont see how he can disrespect Pride fighters and say there inferior,most of the best Pride fighters are now UFC fighters,including 3 of the UFC champions! Non of the hardcore MMA fans take any notice of Dana anyway tbh.I dont actualy mind Dana i'd prefare him in charge than some marketing/corprate buisness type dick head! Dana Whites actualy a Boxing man deep down,think he's Boxed himself a bit and was something of a low level promoter?
    True, Iknow a man, works in training and promoting fighters, rolls his eyes when Dana calls and prety much uses him to get his fighters onto the big stage.

    But like I said. All credit to White for getting the sport on its feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    Dana's a former Golden Glove boxing champ or something...he at one point knew his way around the ring. He was then a promoter for a while...not sure on how successful, but I don't wanna say very.
    He was a very low key boxing promoter.
    091

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1132
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    Dana's a former Golden Glove boxing champ or something...he at one point knew his way around the ring. He was then a promoter for a while...not sure on how successful, but I don't wanna say very.

    He managed and promoted Chuck Liddel and Tito Ortiz before the ufc president thing..... Don't know who else, but that is how he got involved with ufc to begin with.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    Dana's a former Golden Glove boxing champ or something...he at one point knew his way around the ring. He was then a promoter for a while...not sure on how successful, but I don't wanna say very.

    He managed and promoted Chuck Liddel and Tito Ortiz before the ufc president thing..... Don't know who else, but that is how he got involved with ufc to begin with.
    I u sure it was Chuck aswell? Im sure it was just Tito.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    Either way, he's in love with Lidell now!
    091

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1132
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by njackets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    Dana's a former Golden Glove boxing champ or something...he at one point knew his way around the ring. He was then a promoter for a while...not sure on how successful, but I don't wanna say very.

    He managed and promoted Chuck Liddel and Tito Ortiz before the ufc president thing..... Don't know who else, but that is how he got involved with ufc to begin with.
    I u sure it was Chuck aswell? Im sure it was just Tito.
    Yeah, i watched that whole special when Dana was supposed to fight Tito. Tito didn't show, and they went over the whole personal issues Dana and Tito had.

    Part of the reason Chuck and Tito were training partners was because Dana was the promoter of both of them. Actually the show about that fight was interesting it just had a sucky ending.

    Personally I like Dana. But he definitely has some leadership problems.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    I don't think Dana's a bad guy.like I stated, he's done a lot for mma, but he's lacking polish.
    091

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1017
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    These are things we already knew about Dana, he gets off on rubbing people up the wrong way. As far as he is concerned any press is good press. He's a fucking wad but a clever guy to go with it and you have to respect that.

    A few things to know about Dana White

    1) He and Chuck Liddel are bummers FACT

    2) They regularly bum eachother...surely another FACT

    3) He swears a lot

    4) He makes a lot of money

    and last but by no means least

    5) Mid way through the TUF season someone in the house does some shit and wants tol eave. Dana will be called in where he will proceed to give said fighter one of his "So you wanna be a fukking fighter?!?"speeches where he will no doubt litter the speech with many expletives and tell the chap how he is the position that so many others envy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1132
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkymagic View Post
    These are things we already knew about Dana, he gets off on rubbing people up the wrong way. As far as he is concerned any press is good press. He's a fucking wad but a clever guy to go with it and you have to respect that.

    A few things to know about Dana White

    1) He and Chuck Liddel are bummers FACT

    2) They regularly bum eachother...surely another FACT

    3) He swears a lot

    4) He makes a lot of money

    and last but by no means least

    5) Mid way through the TUF season someone in the house does some shit and wants tol eave. Dana will be called in where he will proceed to give said fighter one of his "So you wanna be a fukking fighter?!?"speeches where he will no doubt litter the speech with many expletives and tell the chap how he is the position that so many others envy.
    Don't know about the bumming, but the rest is true.

    I give him a little more leeway because he's actually been punched in the face before and knows some of the life. I really hate sophisticated suit wearing people that act like they know it all. Dana's got a lot of flaws, but he's not one of those.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

    I think Dana takes it a bit far though.
    He assumes he knows what the guys are going through just because he's been hit.
    Thats why I din't like when he dissed Elite XC and the others, it was as if he was saying, getting knocked out hurts less there.
    091

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. F*** Dana White
    By Kev in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 04:35 AM
  2. Dana White reveals some wages of UFC fighters(appaling imo)
    By El Gamo in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 08:15 PM
  3. Is Dana White bad for the UFC? interesting read.
    By El Gamo in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 01:40 PM
  4. Dana white - chuck - rampage = tyson - buster
    By themusic in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 11:46 PM
  5. Dana White of UFC, on Playboy Magazine's 20Q!
    By bitz_piss in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 07:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing