Alright guys gave up on the blog, this is way easier and I can do one every day. Anyways I'll give you an update of my situation, been out of action for a while due to niggling hamstring injury, just did my first complete tabata for long time which didn't involve me grabbing for my hamstring at some point, so I'm guessing it is all good. In this time I stacked on the weights focusing on upper body (mainly shoulders and upper back) and put on a few kilo's although have lost a bit of fat that I put on so right now I am at 74Kg's and never been this big. Basically when I come back from snowboarding I want to dominate the speed and improve my balance. I'll list what I find to be my current weaknesses based on bagwork today...
Things to improve upon...
- Footwork (speed of movement)
- Slipping/ bob and weaving
Ok now I'm trying to design a plan to work on all of these so here are excerises I have found in the past to improve each section.
- Improve lower back strength and overall core
- Be able to walk on hands
- Flexibility (comes with improved slipping)
- Elastic rope to drag the hands out quicker
- Shaddow Boxing with small weights alternating with no weights
- Clap Pushups
- Medicine ball throws
- Shadow Boxing
- Cross drills (forward back left right then reverse)
- Stretching Routine every day
- Practising in front of mirror every day
- Slip Bag
- Incorporating it into heavy bag work
- String and weeve underwards
- Elastic around the ancles when shadowboxing
- Probably improve when i'm snowboarding
- Purchase a wobble board (or make one)
- Purchase a fitball
If anyone has some ideas on ways to improve these few things, especially flexibility and balance that would be sweet. As right now I'm pretty lost on what stretches to do and different stretching techniques but also how to improve my boxing balance.
- Plank with variations
- Slipping drills should improve this too
Oh and if anyone has any ways to improve the strength in my hamstrings i would greatly appreciate it, as I don't want to injure them again.