Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  390
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 303 of 305 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305 LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 4572

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #4531
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,900
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3034
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is what Tony Stark, Iron Man, did until he became an alcoholic but changed his ways.
    Wasn't there a comic where Tony Stark was an alcoholic Vietnam Vet with PTSD? Comics USED to actually be pretty decent, but now they are solely the realm of people of a certain political persuasion and I think that's pretty shitty. People of all stripes should be not only able to produce comics but encouraged to! It would create I think a better product all around. You'd have true differences in characters and perhaps given the differences then when there was a special "Batman vs Superman" or some such combination you've got different writers with different visions of their characters and if they're able to trust each other as writers and work with each other then I think that would make for better plots, character development, and the like. Not everyone gets along or wants to, being placed in a situation where they HAVE to in order to achieve their goals, THAT is something new and different and would be nice.




    So anyway, I finished watching 'Waco' and I've got to say I was just dumbstruck by the storytelling. I mean that was.....wow...they really made the ATF and FBI look like criminals and they made Koresh seem affable albeit suffering delusions of grandeur. I mean the Obama's run Netflix yeah? How/why would they have this be a movie on their platform? It was a well done series, well acted, and although it kinda gives Janet Reno a pass (and had her played by a much better looking actress than they should have). Crazy stuff, decent show, hard to watch though with the kids being killed and all.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  2. #4532
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is what Tony Stark, Iron Man, did until he became an alcoholic but changed his ways.
    Wasn't there a comic where Tony Stark was an alcoholic Vietnam Vet with PTSD? Comics USED to actually be pretty decent, but now they are solely the realm of people of a certain political persuasion and I think that's pretty shitty. People of all stripes should be not only able to produce comics but encouraged to! It would create I think a better product all around. You'd have true differences in characters and perhaps given the differences then when there was a special "Batman vs Superman" or some such combination you've got different writers with different visions of their characters and if they're able to trust each other as writers and work with each other then I think that would make for better plots, character development, and the like. Not everyone gets along or wants to, being placed in a situation where they HAVE to in order to achieve their goals, THAT is something new and different and would be nice.




    So anyway, I finished watching 'Waco' and I've got to say I was just dumbstruck by the storytelling. I mean that was.....wow...they really made the ATF and FBI look like criminals and they made Koresh seem affable albeit suffering delusions of grandeur. I mean the Obama's run Netflix yeah? How/why would they have this be a movie on their platform? It was a well done series, well acted, and although it kinda gives Janet Reno a pass (and had her played by a much better looking actress than they should have). Crazy stuff, decent show, hard to watch though with the kids being killed and all.
    Didn’t you find that a little odd? The way koresh was portrayed. In Netflix defense they didn’t make it it was a network series that had played a few years back to little fanfare but is now a hit once it hit Netflix

  3. #4533
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,972
    Mentioned
    1515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2752
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is what Tony Stark, Iron Man, did until he became an alcoholic but changed his ways.
    Wasn't there a comic where Tony Stark was an alcoholic Vietnam Vet with PTSD? Comics USED to actually be pretty decent, but now they are solely the realm of people of a certain political persuasion and I think that's pretty shitty. People of all stripes should be not only able to produce comics but encouraged to! It would create I think a better product all around. You'd have true differences in characters and perhaps given the differences then when there was a special "Batman vs Superman" or some such combination you've got different writers with different visions of their characters and if they're able to trust each other as writers and work with each other then I think that would make for better plots, character development, and the like. Not everyone gets along or wants to, being placed in a situation where they HAVE to in order to achieve their goals, THAT is something new and different and would be nice.
    Yes, the original 60's comic Tony was in either the Korean or Vietnam war. In the film it was Afghanistan.

    There are many different writers that take on the franchise's and take them into another direction. Marvel comics are not so possessive of their characters. Read an Spiderman born in 1947 and aging accordingly, he watched Gwen Stacy die, marry MJ and have 2 children all the way to the present where he meet's Miles Morales. Very good read.

    There is another one currently where MJ dies after having a baby boy and 15 years later his child is getting his spider powers but is estranged with his dad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #4534
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,900
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3034
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Didn’t you find that a little odd? The way koresh was portrayed. In Netflix defense they didn’t make it it was a network series that had played a few years back to little fanfare but is now a hit once it hit Netflix
    I find it SUPER odd to be honest. I wonder the reasoning behind it more than anything. I mean it ain't like Hollywood types would really seek to rally behind the likes of Koresh right? I mean I don't agree with a lot of the Branch Davidian stuff (as one would expect I wouldn't agree with it), but Hollywood TYPICALLY glorifies the FBI/ATF unless there are certain criteria met. Koresh wouldn't be the typical Hollywood backed "victim" and you have to wonder why they showed him as such.

    Really odd considering the Obama's ties to Netflix.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #4535
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Didn’t you find that a little odd? The way koresh was portrayed. In Netflix defense they didn’t make it it was a network series that had played a few years back to little fanfare but is now a hit once it hit Netflix
    I find it SUPER odd to be honest. I wonder the reasoning behind it more than anything. I mean it ain't like Hollywood types would really seek to rally behind the likes of Koresh right? I mean I don't agree with a lot of the Branch Davidian stuff (as one would expect I wouldn't agree with it), but Hollywood TYPICALLY glorifies the FBI/ATF unless there are certain criteria met. Koresh wouldn't be the typical Hollywood backed "victim" and you have to wonder why they showed him as such.

    Really odd considering the Obama's ties to Netflix.
    I was very disappointed to see Netflix hire the obamas. I was a long term stock holder and I didn’t want the service to become a platform for any political party. I’m fine with documentaries with political swing as long as they aren’t all one way. There are a number of obama era political peoples on Netflix board or in other capacities. Netflix is a brilliant company, I hope they don’t limit themselves to a particular crowd. I can see the stock hitting 500 this year the wuhan virus helped their bottom line and once you have Netflix you always go back

  6. #4536
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,651
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    84
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Superman Red Son which is an animation where Superman lands in the USSR instead of USA. The time period is during the Cold War and he is the servant of Stalin. Very different perspective but good with Lex Luthor an American hero.
    Interesting
    Wonder Woman is a lesbian and is trying to keep the peace between all.

    Batman is a USSR version who hates Superman for his love of Stalin and the oppressive regime.

    Lex is with Lois Lane and a super genius good guy who goes on to the President after the assassination of JFK.
    Sounds like a very neat premise.

    Batman is sadly a knockoff character. The Shadow is who he's 100% based off of.

    Superman suffers from the same problem the Greek hero Diomedes did. He's too powerful to make interesting. He's never truly in peril and that isn't relatable.

    On occasion Superman can be ok, but most times his whole "My power is all the powers" gets stale.
    bain is more relatable because he came from nothing, not like batman who was giving everything
    True he was given everything but at least he decided to go out and risk it all trying to help people. If I inherited all that I wouldn’t want to risk my well being so frequently. I’d be buying jets and cars and watches and banging models and sit ringside at anyfight, fuck yeah I’d be rollin
    theres even a tale of two cities quote in dark knight rises
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  7. #4537
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    23,181
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2861
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Extraction - cracking action thriller that rips off lots of classic action films but in a good way. It's Terminator II, Man On Fire, Bourne but woven together with realistic, likable characters and a slick plot. Thor is perfect as a "damaged" kick-arse cunt.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-11-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  8. #4538
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    I watched extraction only because you guys recommended it. Normally I can’t take the fake war shit but it was done well enough that I tolerated it. It was what I expected but the lead actor made it decent. So he was Thor? I knew he looked familiar

  9. #4539
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Made in 1939 stars Henry Fonda one of my favorites, I’m into the old stuff I know it’s not for everyone.

    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0031252/r...?ref_=m_tt_urv

  10. #4540
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Finally saw The Joker. I know I’m a year or more behind. It was well acted, well put together but I didn’t see it as controversial as I had expected. It’s a crazy movie no doubt but I expected to be shocked by the content.

  11. #4541
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,651
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    84
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    the internet's own boy
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  12. #4542
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    @El Kabong I’m watching that series on HBO about Charles Lindbergh becoming president during hitlers time. I think you or spics brought it up when I mentioned a book I was reading and you guys were correct it is based on the book I read. It seems like a decent series but doesn’t stay true to the book. I got free hbo for 3 months they have some decent things plus all the old boxing they used to show.

  13. #4543
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,900
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3034
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    @El Kabong I’m watching that series on HBO about Charles Lindbergh becoming president during hitlers time. I think you or spics brought it up when I mentioned a book I was reading and you guys were correct it is based on the book I read. It seems like a decent series but doesn’t stay true to the book. I got free hbo for 3 months they have some decent things plus all the old boxing they used to show.
    'Plot Against America' is the series right?

    Yeah I detailed the stuff I learned in the biography of him, but someone found it triggering when I was explaining the nuance and naivety in Lindbergh's thinking. I'd provide more information having now finished the book, but I don't want to cause any trouble for myself knowing how one specific poster takes my words.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  14. #4544
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    @El Kabong I’m watching that series on HBO about Charles Lindbergh becoming president during hitlers time. I think you or spics brought it up when I mentioned a book I was reading and you guys were correct it is based on the book I read. It seems like a decent series but doesn’t stay true to the book. I got free hbo for 3 months they have some decent things plus all the old boxing they used to show.
    'Plot Against America' is the series right?

    Yeah I detailed the stuff I learned in the biography of him, but someone found it triggering when I was explaining the nuance and naivety in Lindbergh's thinking. I'd provide more information having now finished the book, but I don't want to cause any trouble for myself knowing how one specific poster takes my words.
    Ya, I forgot the name of the series and your explanation makes perfect sense. I must say I’m only two episodes in it seems like a well done series

  15. #4545
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,900
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3034
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Ya, I forgot the name of the series and your explanation makes perfect sense. I must say I’m only two episodes in it seems like a well done series
    At the very least it's an interesting idea for a hypothetical history. I read about the guy just because I wanted to know about more than the 1927 Atlantic Flight and his child being kidnapped/murdered. There was a whole hell of a lot to the man and it was surprising in several ways, but again I hesitate to even attempt to explain given the insane reactions some people seem to have to my posts.


    I'd be interested to see the show even though I'm fairly certain they'll make Lindy very evil. He might could have been under the right circumstances I think we're all capable of both incredible evil and amazing good but sometimes situations get the better of people.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-24-2018, 12:56 PM
  2. Escalante vs Lopez, ayone watched?? Spoilers***
    By TheMacMagician in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 10:16 AM
  3. Angry ANGRY new halloween movie rant (spoilers)
    By Punisher136 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 09:54 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 05:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing