Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Tattoos

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Tattoos

    I know this sounds hypocritical,because I have tattoo's everywhere,and almost almost all of my boxers are tattooed,heavily. But jesus is it a right of initiation or something that nobody mentioned to me,because the concept of two untattooed boxers in the ring seems alien at this point. Even my business partners are tattooed to the waz

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,794
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1188
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    I hear ya.

    Every fighter has a tattoo or 10 these days it seems like.

    I don't know what the hell got into Cotto but he flipped out and got like 6 of em when he used to have none.

    But if you think boxing is full of tatted up athletes, check out MMA is to the point now of being comical.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I hear ya.

    Every fighter has a tattoo or 10 these days it seems like.

    I don't know what the hell got into Cotto but he flipped out and got like 6 of em when he used to have none.

    But if you think boxing is full of tatted up athletes, check out MMA is to the point now of being comical.
    Hey bro how ya doing?
    When I started getting tatted it seemed like a military/gang/biker thing/punker thing, now,allmost all of my fighters have tatts.
    I mean,Im not being judgmental, I own my own tattoo kit,so Ive got no judgments to make,but when did it become a requirement?
    And you are right MMA is even worse

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,794
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1188
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    I'm doin alright my friend. Just kickin it on myspace right now. You know how I roll. lol

    Yeah I have my last name on my back and been thinkin of gettin Julius Caesar's quote "Veni, Vidi, Vici" on my rib cage.

    Its not just boxing but pop culture. Look at the NBA all those fuckers have their arms covered in tats.

    Its the cool thing to do these days.

    Even kids that are pussies, like emo lil fuckers get tattoos and every girl with a nice body thinks she has to get a tramp stamp.

    Its a cultural phenomenon it seems like to me.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I'm doin alright my friend. Just kickin it on myspace right now. You know how I roll. lol

    Yeah I have my last name on my back and been thinkin of gettin Julius Caesar's quote "Veni, Vidi, Vici" on my rib cage.

    Its not just boxing but pop culture. Look at the NBA all those fuckers have their arms covered in tats.

    Its the cool thing to do these days.

    Even kids that are pussies, like emo lil fuckers get tattoos and every girl with a nice body thinks she has to get a tramp stamp.

    Its a cultural phenomenon it seems like to me.
    Latest thing Im grinding in to my skin is the four suits of cards on my knuckles,its not as hard assed as it sounds,even though Im doing it to myself,rather then just sitting there. Its a tribute to my great grandmother,she taught me how to play Solitare when I was a little kid.
    Everything I tatto on myself has to be important to me now,got the wifes name tattoed in Runes on my ankle my bands name on the inside of my forearm,the four suits on my knuckles and next will be my kids name once I finish these.
    Nice thing about having your own kit

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,794
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1188
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    Thats sick bro. You are a card carrying bad ass and a crazy bastard tattoin yourself like that.

    Isn't your wife a pro boxer? How's she been doing lately?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Thats sick bro. You are a card carrying bad ass and a crazy bastard tattoin yourself like that.

    Isn't your wife a pro boxer? How's she been doing lately?
    Hurts like hell,but if you want the piece you do it,pain is just the moment.
    My girl is fighting in Trinidad on the 7th,and Rivas would be well thought out if she just didnt show up,because my girl intends to end her,and end her early.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,794
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1188
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Thats sick bro. You are a card carrying bad ass and a crazy bastard tattoin yourself like that.

    Isn't your wife a pro boxer? How's she been doing lately?
    Hurts like hell,but if you want the piece you do it,pain is just the moment.
    My girl is fighting in Trinidad on the 7th,and Rivas would be well thought out if she just didnt show up,because my girl intends to end her,and end her early.
    Pain is temporary. Pride is forever. -Vinny Paz

    Well best of luck to both of you. Hope she gets the win.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    If you can feal your nose break,and just get pissed off about it,or you can take one to the chin and just bite in to your mouth piece harder,you can do this.
    Pain passes,a win doesnt.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    3,986
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    938
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    It does seem like the majority of athletes have at least one tattoo these days. I can kind of understand why Cotto got so many in a short amount of time. I have 10 and got half them in a six month period, I was like 18 though. I think he was just trying to finish what he started. Kinda like if you tattoo one arm, your gonna have to do the other to feel like your body looks complete...he does have some real generic ones though but if he likes him thats all that matters.
    Psalm 144:  Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    Tattoo's are just the new thing these days, almost like the modern day version of a Members Only jacket that can not be taken off.

    Doctors, Lawyers and everyone in between get them today so of course pro athletes have the to excess

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1637
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    The only tattoo i would get is of Burnley FC

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59,074
    Mentioned
    1576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2800
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    I would never have a tattoo, it is only for insecure people who need to remind themselves who they are.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I would never have a tattoo, it is only for insecure people who need to remind themselves who they are.
    Oh like you never drew on yourself with a pen as a kid

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,040
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4821
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tattoos

    Have one Ive been dwelling on for the longest of time.A set of Gloves hanging from a peg.....but with the 'comedy & drama' masks set on them,a darkish red hue.Gloves have to be distinguishable and masks clear...one is frowning,dispair........and the other joyous and smiling.Sort of a metaphor for the sport/and life in a way.Set on the underside of left forearm.Pretty large

    Have considered a drop coming from the mouth of the smiling and a drop from the eye of the frowning.........but that may be a bit much?
    Dont know if this pic will come up?Hey it worked

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Boxing tattoos..
    By DatsiK in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 04:22 PM
  3. Tattoos
    By amat in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 05:33 PM
  4. Crap Tattoos
    By gogs67 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 07:59 AM
  5. boxing tattoos
    By Pitbull in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 04:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing