Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Smile FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    Taylors not very good and he's gonna get whacked out in no time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Essex Mafia
    Posts
    14,696
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2132
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    Interesting

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,504
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2159
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE View Post
    Taylors not very good and he's gonna get whacked out in no time.
    Your usual in depth fight analysis , great stuff as usual Sir Bellend.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montreal/Luxembourg
    Posts
    6,379
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    775
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    Froch might win with a solid blow but I really don't know how you could go as far as saying that Taylor is untalented, the guy is fast, strong and has a solid technique, that's not what I would call untalented.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,658
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2697
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    I hope you are right but doubt it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,622
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1117
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    From what ive seen taylor when on his game is very good. He showed this against hopkins and even against pavlik he wasnt terrible. He is an overall good boxer so i dont see anyone blasting him out.
    Hidden Content

    Please see above for my opinion

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    From what ive seen taylor when on his game is very good. He showed this against hopkins and even against pavlik he wasnt terrible. He is an overall good boxer so i dont see anyone blasting him out.
    I agree, Taylor's fought much better fighters (Hopkins, Wright, Pavlik) than Froch ever has so I doubt Froch will blow just him away. He may win but I'm picking Taylor by decision.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,532
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3143
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    I see nothing in Froch to suggest a 5 round blowout. I hope he can but I feel Taylor will be strong until the final third, and that is where Froch has got to go all out. Taylor has always had stamina issues, take him deep and then take him out!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1098
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    I cant stand Froch but find it hard to see Taylor beating any of the top boys at super middle, I just dont think hes strong enough.

    The way he struggled with Spinks and Ouma both very small fighters compared to Taylor, then theres the way Pavlik flattened him and Lacy recently dropped him and when was he last time Lacy could manage that?

    I think Taylor might make Froch look silly for a few rounds and then Carls natural strength will take over.

    I also have a little feeling that I dont want to get excited about, that Froch doesnt fight at a fast pace or pressures and that is what Taylor struggles with, Taylor worked over Hopkins because of his slow pace and in Taylors favour he does have decent power, he hurt Hopkins and lacy (but who doesnt nowadays) and had Pavlik nearly out but like I said I dont want to get too excited because the form book says that Froch will stop him

    Even though Froch hasnt done anything at world level to earn his title I think Taylor gets more credit for a win for picking himself up, dusting himself off and beating a world champion in a higher weight.

    Which brings me to the fact that the WBC is the pass the parcel of super middle titles that has had about 18 champs since 91 and in complete contrast you have the WBO which has had only 3 world champs in the period!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    18,367
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2250
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    I don't see Froch as being that big a puncher really, from what I've seen of him, he definitely didn't look like it against Paschal.

    Either way he's not stopping him before five.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1098
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    No, I dont think hes the bigest of punchers either, alot of his punches look forced and very robotic but he should be naturally stronger than Taylor.

    Hopefully Taylor starts sharp and puts some snap on his punches, if he does that Carl will slow right down having to think and he will get messy and try rushing in, as long as Taylor doesnt go in to a shell he should be fine, otherwise if he doesnt push the tempo, Carl will do as he pleases and work Taylor over.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    this will be frochs first fight in the united states?

    unbelievable, taylor might get his hands on the WBC super middleweight title

    froch could be going home empty handed

    taylor is a lot better than people give him credit for and this will be his showing

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    566
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    Froch is very underrated and in relative terms is still learning his trade even at 31...I can see him beating Taylor comfortably myself!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I cant stand Froch but find it hard to see Taylor beating any of the top boys at super middle, I just dont think hes strong enough.

    The way he struggled with Spinks and Ouma both very small fighters compared to Taylor, then theres the way Pavlik flattened him and Lacy recently dropped him and when was he last time Lacy could manage that?

    I think Taylor might make Froch look silly for a few rounds and then Carls natural strength will take over.

    I also have a little feeling that I dont want to get excited about, that Froch doesnt fight at a fast pace or pressures and that is what Taylor struggles with, Taylor worked over Hopkins because of his slow pace and in Taylors favour he does have decent power, he hurt Hopkins and lacy (but who doesnt nowadays) and had Pavlik nearly out but like I said I dont want to get too excited because the form book says that Froch will stop him

    Even though Froch hasnt done anything at world level to earn his title I think Taylor gets more credit for a win for picking himself up, dusting himself off and beating a world champion in a higher weight.

    Which brings me to the fact that the WBC is the pass the parcel of super middle titles that has had about 18 champs since 91 and in complete contrast you have the WBO which has had only 3 world champs in the period!!
    Good thing for Taylor, Fraud ain't one of the big boys

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 304
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 03:30 AM
  3. Froch 3rd round KO video
    By Hacienda in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
  4. Taylor haters... stop hating
    By Taeth in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 02:49 AM
  5. Froch beats magee with 11th round ko
    By hitmanhatton in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 12:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing