Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Redondo Beach CA
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1072
    Cool Clicks

    Default Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    Can he do it? I dont know, but I def. think Floyd is going to come out swinging and feeling like the bigger man trying to push the smaller Marquez around to try to get an early KO and re-establish himself in the P4P race.

    If this does happen it will be JMM's biggest oppurtunity to win rounds an sail to win a SD, but also the biggest risk in getting caught himself, Juan gets up and has lots of heart but he does get caught, and now he will be caught by a bigger maybe faster Mayweather.

    Juan has to have lots of courage and heart to stand up in the first 5 rounds which will be his heardest but if he take 3 out of those rounds he can win a decision.

    Either way, cant wait...This may surprise us, it could be Fight of the year.
    The key is Self-discipline.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1128
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Can he do it? I dont know, but I def. think Floyd is going to come out swinging and feeling like the bigger man trying to push the smaller Marquez around to try to get an early KO and re-establish himself in the P4P race.

    If this does happen it will be JMM's biggest oppurtunity to win rounds an sail to win a SD, but also the biggest risk in getting caught himself, Juan gets up and has lots of heart but he does get caught, and now he will be caught by a bigger maybe faster Mayweather.

    Juan has to have lots of courage and heart to stand up in the first 5 rounds which will be his heardest but if he take 3 out of those rounds he can win a decision.

    Either way, cant wait...This may surprise us, it could be Fight of the year.
    Floyd never comes out swinging. Against a cagey fighter like Marquez, I think he'll force Marquez to be the aggressor and attempt to counter punch the counter puncher. After 2 years out, no way do I see Floyd coming out swinging.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,228
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2252
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    I doubt it, and if Floyd says that it's just to sell the fight.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2133
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    Well Floyd's not fighting Gatti or SHatton this time I could see him stopping JMM real late in the fight but I'd bet it goes to a decision.
    Hidden Content

    Marching Towards the Abyss...............

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    I love that picture! Lol!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1219
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Can he do it? I dont know, but I def. think Floyd is going to come out swinging and feeling like the bigger man trying to push the smaller Marquez around to try to get an early KO and re-establish himself in the P4P race.

    If this does happen it will be JMM's biggest oppurtunity to win rounds an sail to win a SD, but also the biggest risk in getting caught himself, Juan gets up and has lots of heart but he does get caught, and now he will be caught by a bigger maybe faster Mayweather.

    Juan has to have lots of courage and heart to stand up in the first 5 rounds which will be his heardest but if he take 3 out of those rounds he can win a decision.

    Either way, cant wait...This may surprise us, it could be Fight of the year.
    Floyd never comes out swinging. Against a cagey fighter like Marquez, I think he'll force Marquez to be the aggressor and attempt to counter punch the counter puncher. After 2 years out, no way do I see Floyd coming out swinging.
    Floyd has come out swinging plenty of times, I don't think he will, but the more this is a war IMO the worse it is for Marquez because Mayweather stays so sharp late in fights, he is still sharp even when he is throwing down, and he will getting hit a lot less than MArquez.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,964
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2996
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    If it's there he'll take it....why would Floyd want it to last long? Manny Pacquiao just 1 upped Floyd vs De la Hoya AND Hatton. I do think Floyd will be careful because JMM is a dangerously smart fighter...who cares if he's fighting out of his weight class, JMM and his trainer will be prepared for that.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,971
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4734
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    I hope so.Been thinking about him possibly being a little over confident,cough...more so than usual.With the size,fresher of the two and recieving a bit of a backlash in some media.He might just step in off some fast connects and go for it all...,make a statement w/Manny being in the back of his mind.

    Marquez will be there,hes not going anywhere,and will sit down in between some flurries he hopes.Thinking Mayweather runs a better chance of cutting Marquez up resulting in a TKO rather than a clean KO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    840
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    Can anybody mention a Floyd fight where he has come out the aggressor. From what I have seen of him he will move, pot shot, break his opponent down and as he sees/ feels them get weaker he will then start to step it up.

    If this goes how I think it will Floyd will get a UD with the last few rounds seeing Marquez hit more and hurt, maybe even late TKO
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    952
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    I can imagine Floyd will either try to KO Marquez or totally dominate him so he can send the message to Pac "Look at how easily I disposed of the guy who beat you twice in the eyes of many boxing experts, commentators, and boxers" just like Pac sent a message to Floyd by beating Hatton faster.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1128
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Can he do it? I dont know, but I def. think Floyd is going to come out swinging and feeling like the bigger man trying to push the smaller Marquez around to try to get an early KO and re-establish himself in the P4P race.

    If this does happen it will be JMM's biggest oppurtunity to win rounds an sail to win a SD, but also the biggest risk in getting caught himself, Juan gets up and has lots of heart but he does get caught, and now he will be caught by a bigger maybe faster Mayweather.

    Juan has to have lots of courage and heart to stand up in the first 5 rounds which will be his heardest but if he take 3 out of those rounds he can win a decision.

    Either way, cant wait...This may surprise us, it could be Fight of the year.
    Floyd never comes out swinging. Against a cagey fighter like Marquez, I think he'll force Marquez to be the aggressor and attempt to counter punch the counter puncher. After 2 years out, no way do I see Floyd coming out swinging.
    Floyd has come out swinging plenty of times, I don't think he will, but the more this is a war IMO the worse it is for Marquez because Mayweather stays so sharp late in fights, he is still sharp even when he is throwing down, and he will getting hit a lot less than MArquez.

    When? I can't recall a time he has come out the more aggressive fighter. He is never so careless as to come out swinging.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    622
    Cool Clicks

    Smile Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    He said the same thing when he fought Oscar and we see how that went. It will be a typical Floyd fight with him winning a comfortable decision.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1219
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

    Floyd never comes out swinging. Against a cagey fighter like Marquez, I think he'll force Marquez to be the aggressor and attempt to counter punch the counter puncher. After 2 years out, no way do I see Floyd coming out swinging.
    Floyd has come out swinging plenty of times, I don't think he will, but the more this is a war IMO the worse it is for Marquez because Mayweather stays so sharp late in fights, he is still sharp even when he is throwing down, and he will getting hit a lot less than MArquez.

    When? I can't recall a time he has come out the more aggressive fighter. He is never so careless as to come out swinging.
    It depends what you consider swinging, but against Phillip N'Dou, Burton, Sosa, Gatti, G. Hernandez, plenty of guys earlier on in his career.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beyond the wall
    Posts
    17,198
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4138
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    What Mayweather means when he says that is:

    "I'm going to give away around or two and then dial everything in and cruise to a wide victory on the scorecards."
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,788
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    919
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

    Floyd has come out swinging plenty of times, I don't think he will, but the more this is a war IMO the worse it is for Marquez because Mayweather stays so sharp late in fights, he is still sharp even when he is throwing down, and he will getting hit a lot less than MArquez.

    When? I can't recall a time he has come out the more aggressive fighter. He is never so careless as to come out swinging.
    It depends what you consider swinging, but against Phillip N'Dou, Burton, Sosa, Gatti, G. Hernandez, plenty of guys earlier on in his career.
    Mayweather fights the style necessary to beat whomever he is fighting. If he knows he can't impose his will or beat them by slugging he won't do it. But if its someone he can impose on he will. He is a fighter who has an uncanny ability to adapt.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. I am going to Mayweather-Marquez!!!!!
    By Taeth in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
  2. So much for Mayweather-Marquez
    By Killa From Manila in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 07:28 PM
  3. kidnap attempt (a little to close to home)
    By Dizaster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 04:29 AM
  4. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 06:09 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 05:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing