Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: What Mobile You got?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64,103
    Mentioned
    1655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default What Mobile You got?

    I want to get a new mobile, pay as you go, not a prolific user at all (£10 a year, yes £10 ) want MP3, blue tooth and a long life battery that does not run out after one call. Any recommendations please?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1665
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    i got sony erickson k800i, had it for abt 3 yrs but got a nokia classic a couple of months ago & that one lasted a week until got a thimble of water on screen & it fkd it up!

    i need a proper tough mutha fooker so the k800i satifies that as i drop it @ least twice a day as i am a clumsy git

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64,103
    Mentioned
    1655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Sony Ericsson W595 looks good, walkman and radio to listen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2335
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Home.
    Hidden Content

    Marching Towards the Abyss...............

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hunter Valley, NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    iPhone 3G. Battery life sucks though. The Nokia and Sony Ericsson mobiles are both good. If battery life is an issue and toughness I had a Sony Ericsson K850i for a while and found it to be fine. Music, 5MP camera and good battery.
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. Muhammad Ali.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    a local pub near you.
    Posts
    7,652
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2756
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    [IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDlfBDtKh4ABgWCjzbkF/SIG=13hhlast5/EXP=1245468127/**http%3A//www.mfdhousing.com/portal/fsbo/images/listing_photos/1011_mobile%2520homes%2520008.jpg[/IMG]
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    a local pub near you.
    Posts
    7,652
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2756
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    [IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDlfBDtKh4ABgWCjzbkF/SIG=13hhlast5/EXP=1245468127/**http%3A//www.mfdhousing.com/portal/fsbo/images/listing_photos/1011_mobile%2520homes%2520008.jpg[/IMG]

    Well that was supposed to be a mobile home pic.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    49,121
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    We are pretty much only able to get Korean brands here because the Chaebol corporations have a monopoly on things and the government imposes huge tarrifs to keep out foreign products. I have an LG phone that does the job but it's getting a bit old now.

    I was reading an article the other day saying that Samsung has a new phone coming out. It will be released in the US market for about 200 dollars. The same phone will cost 700 dollars here. Talk about screwing your own! It seems Samsung is now the largest provider in the US from what I was reading.

    I know I'm going off topic but the US government really should look into the trade balance between the US and Korea. Korean's export their stuff with little restriction and yet the same is far from true when it comes to imports. Not a fair balance of trade at all. Cars, electronics...all sorts of things. The good thing is that Korean consumers still pay far more than the US consumers even though incomes are lower here.

    Sorry, little off topic rant over.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    a local pub near you.
    Posts
    7,652
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2756
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    We are pretty much only able to get Korean brands here because the Chaebol corporations have a monopoly on things and the government imposes huge tarrifs to keep out foreign products. I have an LG phone that does the job but it's getting a bit old now.

    I was reading an article the other day saying that Samsung has a new phone coming out. It will be released in the US market for about 200 dollars. The same phone will cost 700 dollars here. Talk about screwing your own! It seems Samsung is now the largest provider in the US from what I was reading.

    I know I'm going off topic but the US government really should look into the trade balance between the US and Korea. Korean's export their stuff with little restriction and yet the same is far from true when it comes to imports. Not a fair balance of trade at all. Cars, electronics...all sorts of things. The good thing is that Korean consumers still pay far more than the US consumers even though incomes are lower here.

    Sorry, little off topic rant over.

    Americans love getting fucked on the trade table.

    All for free trade and capitalism. It's not free trade if it only works one way though, is it?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    49,121
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    We are pretty much only able to get Korean brands here because the Chaebol corporations have a monopoly on things and the government imposes huge tarrifs to keep out foreign products. I have an LG phone that does the job but it's getting a bit old now.

    I was reading an article the other day saying that Samsung has a new phone coming out. It will be released in the US market for about 200 dollars. The same phone will cost 700 dollars here. Talk about screwing your own! It seems Samsung is now the largest provider in the US from what I was reading.

    I know I'm going off topic but the US government really should look into the trade balance between the US and Korea. Korean's export their stuff with little restriction and yet the same is far from true when it comes to imports. Not a fair balance of trade at all. Cars, electronics...all sorts of things. The good thing is that Korean consumers still pay far more than the US consumers even though incomes are lower here.

    Sorry, little off topic rant over.

    Americans love getting fucked on the trade table.

    All for free trade and capitalism. It's not free trade if it only works one way though, is it?
    It's bollocks. And it's also really shit for Korean consumers because they have no idea how much they are being shafted. Greater competition and choice would bring prices down here and increase quality, but the Chaebol and government stand in the way of that. Bush was ready to sign off a really shitty FTA last year but Obama made sure that wasn't signed. Which was a good thing. I'm hoping Obama goes to town with Korean in the next 18 months. As it stands the US has NO foothold in Korea. The only thing that comes here is US beef and that's because the Koreans cannot produce enough.

    This is one seriously protectionist country. And like I say, it's the Koreans who are fleeced most of all by it.

    I seem to have hijacked this thread. Sorry, Master!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    886
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    The IPhone is the biggest hype job in mobile phone history. Hence its being called the Hypephone by most disgruntled users. I really did'nt understand your criteria for your new phone master, so Ill just post a link of a very good site if you're searching for a mobile ...

    Mobile Phones UK >> Mobile phone reviews, consumer reviews and best buys: LG Arena, LG Cookie, LG Viewty, LG Viewty Smart, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Samsung Tocco Lite, Samsung Tocco Ultra S8300, Sony Ericsson C905

    It has Editor and User Reviews for a particular phone. Although I find the user reviews much more meaningful. I think the phones reviewed at this site are only phones available at the UK. If you want a wider range of selection to browse through, go here ...

    GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

    There are links at the left side for the mobile brands. Just click em and all available and upcoming phones for that brand will be shown. Click on a particular model and the specs sheet will be displayed, complete with user rants and the eternal battle of SE vs Samsung vs Nokia fanboys.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montreal/Luxembourg
    Posts
    6,399
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    988
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    i got sony erickson k800i, had it for abt 3 yrs but got a nokia classic a couple of months ago & that one lasted a week until got a thimble of water on screen & it fkd it up!

    i need a proper tough mutha fooker so the k800i satifies that as i drop it @ least twice a day as i am a clumsy git
    The most resilient one existing at the moment is manufactured by Sonim, it's the kind of things you can't possibly kill except if you throw it in your fireplace while it's turned, made to survive desert conditions, up to - 40 degrees and has a ludicrously long life battery

    Most durable phone-world record set by the Sonim XP1

    SIM Free Release Date for Sonim XP3 Water, Dust and Shock Resistant Phone
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montreal/Luxembourg
    Posts
    6,399
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    988
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want to get a new mobile, pay as you go, not a prolific user at all (£10 a year, yes £10 ) want MP3, blue tooth and a long life battery that does not run out after one call. Any recommendations please?
    How much are you willing to pay? Prefer keyboard or touch screen system? Is the camera interesting for you in it or you don't give a flying F? I know a bit (not a great specialist but indeed) but as I more or less have to buy a new one as mine after 4 years of loyal service, toilet diving and hardcore floor crashing is slowly dying, I kinda deeply looked into that lately.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64,103
    Mentioned
    1655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want to get a new mobile, pay as you go, not a prolific user at all (£10 a year, yes £10 ) want MP3, blue tooth and a long life battery that does not run out after one call. Any recommendations please?
    How much are you willing to pay? Prefer keyboard or touch screen system? Is the camera interesting for you in it or you don't give a flying F? I know a bit (not a great specialist but indeed) but as I more or less have to buy a new one as mine after 4 years of loyal service, toilet diving and hardcore floor crashing is slowly dying, I kinda deeply looked into that lately.
    £100ish, the rest of what you said does not matter. So far Sony Erickson w595 is good but the K50i one is too much emphasis on photo's.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1665
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: What Mobile You got?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    i got sony erickson k800i, had it for abt 3 yrs but got a nokia classic a couple of months ago & that one lasted a week until got a thimble of water on screen & it fkd it up!

    i need a proper tough mutha fooker so the k800i satifies that as i drop it @ least twice a day as i am a clumsy git
    The most resilient one existing at the moment is manufactured by Sonim, it's the kind of things you can't possibly kill except if you throw it in your fireplace while it's turned, made to survive desert conditions, up to - 40 degrees and has a ludicrously long life battery

    Most durable phone-world record set by the Sonim XP1

    SIM Free Release Date for Sonim XP3 Water, Dust and Shock Resistant Phone
    my k800i would have him

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone here on T-Mobile?
    By Jimanuel Boogustus in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 09:49 AM
  2. Mobile phone contracts
    By beds in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 06:23 PM
  3. Old mobile phone?
    By Preme in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 01:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Saddo Boxing - Boxing