Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

Thread: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    I've been watching the Amanda Knox case for several years, Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, are probably guilty as hell, but the Italian prosecution's "evidence" in this appeal, seems highly circumstantial. I believe Knox's conviction should be overturned, due to lack of substantial evidence.

    Prosecutors seek life sentence for Knox - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    18,765
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4067
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    I don't know enough about the case to have an opinion really. It's not big news here as far as I know.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I don't know enough about the case to have an opinion really. It's not big news here as far as I know.
    It sort of is here in the States, because Knox is an American, and she's being prosecuted and jailed in Italy. Like I said, the Italian prosecution has shit for real evidence.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    18,765
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4067
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I don't know enough about the case to have an opinion really. It's not big news here as far as I know.
    It sort of is here in the States, because Knox is an American, and she's being prosecuted and jailed in Italy. Like I said, the Italian prosecution has shit for real evidence.
    I don't recall hearing much about it here in Canada, but I don't have cable anymore so maybe that's why.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boonies
    Posts
    4,103
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    671
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    I've been watching the Amanda Knox case for several years, Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, are probably guilty as hell, but the Italian prosecution's "evidence" in this appeal, seems highly circumstantial. I believe Knox's conviction should be overturned, due to lack of substantial evidence.

    Prosecutors seek life sentence for Knox - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

    Thoughts?
    She's guilty as hell. People who commit crimes in other countries always likes to make claims of bias or some bullshit when they get caught for murder, rape, drug trafficking, etc. Can't do the time, don't doe the fucking crime.

    The only reason why the U.S. media makes it look like she's innocent is because she's American. My Italian relatives thinks she's guilty as hell. She's lucky there is not a death penalty in Italy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boonies
    Posts
    4,103
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    671
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    This comment in that thread hit the nail on the head. Americans just don't want foreign courts to prosecute their citizens.

    I think there is a lot of evidence that points to her guilt. But I think a lot of people are uncomfortable with the idea that an attractive young american student could be inovlved in a horrible crime like this. If it's true, it makes us all look bad. Easier to blame the Italian courts of misconduct than to admit the strong possibility that Knox was involved in this murder.

    I think people should ask themselves, is their opinion based on the reported facts, or is it based on the idea that they don't like a foreign court deciding the fate of an american? If the exact same event had taken place in Boston, would you feel the same way?
    Sorry if you commit murder or any other heinous crime, your ass isn't above the law just because your country is a superpower.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,697
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2699
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    She is American, good looking and it was a sex crime. She is guilty but will be released in a few years, make a film and go on playboy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,571
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    620
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    I think she was innocent.

    I don't think she played any part in the murder, although I think she did know that it happened.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    865
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Guilty.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a hole in the ground
    Posts
    23,387
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3076
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    It's simply not possible at this time to make a definitive statement either way. Much of the evidence against seems flawed, circumstantial and sometimes contradicted by other testimony which is why they are having a retrial.

    Statements like she is innocent, or she is guilty as hell are merely people voicing their preconceived opinions and cannot be substantiated yet.

    I want to believe she is innocent as she is a very pretty girl, and that to me is the most important thing at the end of that day.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Up in the attic
    Posts
    26,426
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3870
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Take a look into her boyfriends face and eyes in that video he is full of glee. He is enjoying himself there, its his moment.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

    I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    It's simply not possible at this time to make a definitive statement either way. Much of the evidence against seems flawed, circumstantial and sometimes contradicted by other testimony which is why they are having a retrial.

    Statements like she is innocent, or she is guilty as hell are merely people voicing their preconceived opinions and cannot be substantiated yet.

    I want to believe she is innocent as she is a very pretty girl, and that to me is the most important thing at the end of that day.

    From what i've been able to gather so far, the prosecution has a weak/circumstantial case. I'm not saying she's innocent, but if you're going to sentence someone to life in prison, you need to have a strong case against them, there seems to be too much doubt.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Take a look into her boyfriends face and eyes in that video he is full of glee. He is enjoying himself there, its his moment.
    If I had to guess, i'd say it was the Boyfriend who did the actual killing, but who really knows.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    503
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Some 3 years ago I watched Italian documentary about it. It's amazing that this case is still on the news. If you have rich (but not too rich) imagination, then this case is creepingly fascinating, at least here in Europe, as we don't have lots of murders like these. A part of me is curious to know how a mind of a young and pretty psychopath works, a bigger part is afraid of what I might find...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    This comment in that thread hit the nail on the head. Americans just don't want foreign courts to prosecute their citizens.

    I think there is a lot of evidence that points to her guilt. But I think a lot of people are uncomfortable with the idea that an attractive young american student could be inovlved in a horrible crime like this. If it's true, it makes us all look bad. Easier to blame the Italian courts of misconduct than to admit the strong possibility that Knox was involved in this murder.

    I think people should ask themselves, is their opinion based on the reported facts, or is it based on the idea that they don't like a foreign court deciding the fate of an american? If the exact same event had taken place in Boston, would you feel the same way?
    Sorry if you commit murder or any other heinous crime, your ass isn't above the law just because your country is a superpower.
    This isn't about the U.S. being a "superpower", just saying, the Italian prosecutors seem to have a flimsy and/or circumstantial, shot full of holes case against Knox. She may be guilty as hell, but it needs to be proven with conclusive evidence, and not half-assed accusations and/or legal guesses by the prosecution.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 09-26-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. No Proof That He's Guilty?
    By sanj16 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:02 AM
  2. Was Mike Tyson guilty.....
    By BIG H in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 12:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing